• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 8th June

Hey everyone - happy Wednesday!!!
    How is everyone?

Comment

ROFL at all the comments about Salvia!!!

I haven't tried it as yet -- probably should stay away from it, you know, because of my addictive personality and all! But I'm sure my BF will take a crack at it. One of the websites spoke about using it to heighten your spiritual awareness and this has got my BF investigating further -- I'll keep you updates.

I am feeling a big pooped today, my social life seems to have taken off all of a sudden LOL. I have been out almost everynight this last week and tonight is book club and tomorrow night a dinner with a friend of my brother's who is out from the UK.
      My brother is still not speaking or communicating with me -- its been over a year now which is very sad because I know he's in a bad place. I really tore myself up about it last year but I've learnt that there's nothing I can do for him other than just BE there for him if he needs. My MIL is leaving for Scottland at the end of the month and I'm hoping my brother will make contact with her.

A quick HI to everyone.
      Hope you are all living the Mod Life:-)
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I think I really am. I had some stress and I had a few bad nights, but I think I am just gradually adjusting to being where I want to be.
        Deebee, I think you are right about your brother. Still, it can be so hard to get back to normal after such a long estrangement. I hope he knows you are there for him for when he comes around.
        Lila

Comment

Thanks Lila.
          I've sent him quite a few e-mails but never had a reply. He's been living in the UK for nearly 8 years now and my parent's haven't seen him in all that time.
          Unfortunately he and my baby sister had a huge fall-out last year when she was staying with him and had to put up with his druggie lifestyle.
          He moved to Scottland -- in the middle of nowhere -- so that he can turn his life around (sigh) but all he's done is milk the parents for all they are worth. My father has spent most of his pension on the sod!!

That's enough bitching from me! Thanks for letting me vent.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Lila and Deebs

Wow, Deebs, do keep us informed about Salvia!!! Sounds interesting.
            I am sorry to hear about your situation with your brother. Its really hard to accept we are not responsible for other people (even our family members) past loving them and as you say being there for them, what else can you do. He will come to you if and when he is ready. His loss I bet you are a super sis. I am an only so I' just jealous!!!!

Lila sorry you were having a bit of a hard time by the sounds of it. Not sure exactly what you mean, but glad you are feeling more positive.

Happy thoughts to all modders...

Love mOo
            "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
            but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

mooderator;631670 wrote:

Hey Evie...you dont look as though you are doing too badly on drinktracker, it seems that the holiday times are always a trigger for us modders. I know I am learning that one, slowly but surely.
              Hey Moo,
              Wish I could agree but I am going way over my mod goals this particular vacation. Usually I drink only twice and sometimes three times per week with just 1-2 or 3 at the most.

The problem with this particular vacation place is we eat at a place almost every night where food is fabulous for $3.00 and the drinks are great and it's just too tempting to have the drink with the meal and it's also expected for the cheap price. We only stay at this place 1 week per year so other vacations entail a lot more eating in the room where I choose not to have that drink with dinner or buy a bottle for the room. Then there are added temptations of getting together with a friend tonight, my birthday tomorrow, another friend coming in Friday, etc.

I am thinking when I'm home I may do 30 AF just to detox, lower my tolerance (if it builds up because of daily drinking) and just take some AF time to re-establish my priorities.
              Rented an old 40's movie that was an award winner called "The Lost Week-end". It's interesting because the main character is a writer who has a lot of creative thoughts and he finds that the first couple of drinks really get the creative juices going, but he can't quit once he starts drinking so the book keeps never getting written and he ends up in one big binge after another. I encourage everyone to watch it if able. I actually got it from a library here but US folks can get if from Netflix I'm sure.

Anyway, son wants the computer so will cut it short. Hugs to all of you and will post more when back home.
              Eve11
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Mod Squad!

I know!!!! I just looked at the date of my last post... 1/16/09! I was so slammed with work at that time that it just wasn't a good thing for me to get on this forum as I always spent more time than I should.

Well, then some other things went on and now it has been 5 months. I need to be back here though if you will have me.

Periwinkle
                Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Hey, Periwinkle!
                  Great to see you back. I think of you every time I drink Celestials Seasonings tea (often). We would all be delighted to have you back.

Eve, I know the feeling: we all NEED to set our own standards. My drink habits might look fine to someone else, but if I'm not comfortable with it, something needs to change.

Lila, I am glad you are getting back to where you want to be.

Moo, we never stop learning, about ourselves, the inter-relationship with alcohol. I will soon have three weeks off work, then just working part-time for the summer. The beast will be there calling me. Right now I rarely think about possibly having a drink unless it's Saturday, but with all that flexible time, I will need to be vigilant.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thank you for the "welcome back" Sunbeam! I will try to post more tomorrow. A lot has happened over the past 5 months. I'm sure with all of you as well.

I'm glad to have read some gardening and composting stuff. I'll check out the website link for composting. I have taken a recent interest in that.

:h
                    Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Peri!!!!
                      so glad you are back!!! I will post more later, but you have really been missed!
                      Lila

Comment

Peri!! Welcome Back!!! I've missed you:-)
                        I'm off to drop the daughter at school then I'll catch up with you all.

Comment

Peri,
                          Ditto to what DeeBee said. Glad to *see* you again.

So cute, last night when son and I were competing for the computer he said "you just want to be on that website for drinkers and you don't even have a problem anymore!" Now wasn't that the best birthday present ever?

So, yes, even despite going over my mod goals on this vacation the fact that I am drinking controllably is major and apparently to my son not even an issue when I am not displaying drunken behavior the times I do drink.

This site and all of you have truly helped me and I'm so grateful to be here and just want to say Thank you everyone, old members, new members, lurkers considering being a member. MWO rocks!

Well, off to have a great birthday. On a beautiful CA beach, the boys have the new surfboard and the waves are calling to us.

((Hugs))
                          Eve11
                          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Birthday Eve!! Have a wonderful day today -- I hope you are spoilt rotten:bday7:

Comment

Hi Modders

Hiya Peri...welcome back...we'll be able to catch up with all your news over the next bit of time. Glad you are here!

Eve, I totally agree it is how you feel that matters and if you feel it is too much then it is too much. We all come at it from different points and I probably ought not to comment on quantities of others. Doing some AF time is always worthwhile. Its different for me as I simply dont drink regularly anymore so drinking on holidays or short breaks tends to be what I allow myself. For me at least it brings a slightly different perspective I think. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. It's lovely that your son doesnt think you have an issue with AL, so nice to hear it.

Hey Sunny, the fact that you are already aware that you will need to be vigiliant will hopefully be the key to your success this summer. Good luck to you anyway.

Hey Deebs...and others....sorry if I have missed you.

I have a session with my personal trainer at the gym tomorrow morning, so tonight after work it will be super healthy dinner and an early night as he will try to kill me tomorrow! God help me....

love Moo
                              "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                              but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Hi Guys

Salvia??? Salvias are annual bedding plants in the UK (I think they're red flowers). I never thought of eating them - I will look out in park's etc and let you know if it's the same!

No seriously though, I know some herbs can have strange side effects so you do need to be careful.

Modding not successfully this week, don't know why but today feel decidedly yuk and need a few AF nights I think.

Love to all
                                Bx

Comment

Working...
                                X