Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 8th June

Ditto on feeling yuk MM.
    I've had two mod nights already this week and I'm planning another tonight as we are seeing my brother's friend for dinner.
    It's a long weekend for me this weekend -- a whole 4 days!! Yeehaaa and I intend for them to be AF. I swear I can feel my liver moaning at me.

Judie, I didn't know what a Merganzer was so googled it and it's come up with music, furniture and birds LOL I can only assume it was a duck you were refering to and not a whacky dining chair.

Moo, I wanted to ask you about being a veggie.... do you eat soya mince or soya products? I was looking for some interesting ways to incorporate soya into our diet as we really do eat too much meat.

Eve, how is your birthday going? Are you getting spoilt:-)
    I too am keen to do more AF time and was thinking to go 30 days in July if anyone would like to join me -- the more the merrier.

Peri, I am dying to know what you've been up to these last 5 months -- come on, spill.

Lila, Vladster and Sun, how is the week treating you??

Well I've just got back from our session with the therapist and we won't be seeing her again till 2 weeks time because of the long weekend and then the daughter is writing exams. The therapist was telling me that when I first bought the daughter to see her that she had concerns that she was depressed and would need medication but after the session today she believes her concerns are unfounded YAY!!

She also told me something my daughter said. Apparently the daughter speaks of "me moment's" which are moments of light and clarity.... you know, those moments when everything is just right with the world. Well, she had one of these moments today whilst at school and said that she just "know's" that everything is going to be alright with the two of us -- what a tear-jerker moment.

Be well friends.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi everybody!
      Yep DeeBee, that was a mama merganzer with her baby ducklings I was refering to. They were too cute. I think it's the same little family I've seen before, as the ducklings look about the same size(just a tiny bit bigger than last time I saw them), and about the same number of them... they're only about 2 1/2 inches tall, sitting on the water swimming, and about 21 of them (hard to count because they move around so fast!)

Welcome back Perri!

Happy Birthday Eve! Love your puter story about your son!:H

The other day @ the cafe one of the girls said, "My memories gotten so bad it's as short as Tony's d*ck!" LOL She purposely said it load so he's hear...
      I said "OH it can't be that bad!" (He's our boss!) We have a kind of joking, somewhat informal relationship!

Day off from the cafe today, but I need to go do some yard work downstream for a while .
      Have a great day everybody!
      Hugs,
      Judie
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

:HLMAO Judie!! I'm gonna use that one on hubby the next time he tells me I've a short memory -- "only as short as your Mr Bean, Dear":H
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Judie...I am loving the desciption of the ducklings...I love ducks...there great, so cute. Also LOL at the comment your friend made...love it.

Deebs...Yes I do eat soya products. I do eat some fish, but my husband does not. We buy soya sausages and other "replacement things". We use the soya mince in chillis, lasagne etc. You can get all kinds of stuff now. Personally I like it, I know some are not so keen. I think if you are starting out the mince is a really good place to start as with all the tomatoes and so on mixed up with it, it does not taste that different. I am not vegan, but I do use soya milk too in tea and on cereal, as its really good for you and I like it. I like cheese, but tend to beleive that cow's milk is meant for cows!!! Hope that helps a bit.

Hope everyones day is going well. I am off home now, just checking in before finishing work. Its been a long hard day, but I have tomorrow off...YAY. Mind you personal trainer will make sure thats a chore...LOL.

Its funny this time last week, I could feel the beast nagging and kinda new that I was going to give in to him. Ever since I did, he has abated completely. No beast whatsoever this week, great stuff.

TAKE CARE LOVELY PEOPLE.

Moo
          "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
          but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have only a minute to check in.

I became quite busy with work and avoided the forum because I tend to spend way too much time here. I still was doing very well with my AL moderation. Then I experienced a traumatic event. I was a victim of a crime that will be going to trial next month. It was / is really hard for me to deal with. And in the midst of it, we moved to a new (different - not "new") house. I have recently recognized that I have been sliding back into old AL habits. I just woke up a few days ago realizing that I need to get back on track. It took a couple days for me to muster the courage to open the site here. I was hoping that you all would welcome me back.

I am going to figure out which box my hypno cd's are in, get a new supply of kudzu and start hanging out here (in moderation LOL!) and get myself back on track. I know that I can do it. But I know that I need the help of my friends here.

Thanks for your welcomes! Sad to "hear" that some of my friends are no longer here. Very glad to get back in touch with the friends who are and the new ones I am just meeting.

Happy b-day Eve! Is it today or was it yesterday? Either way, hope all your b-day wishes come true!

periwinkle
            Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

I am sliding back a bit as well, Peri, so maybe we can encourage each other a bit. I bought the CDs but never used them. My kids kept taking my CD player from my bedside...
              That sounds so awful and traumatic! Were you hurt physically? Are you going to testify as a witness? Maybe you can tell us the day so we can all send prayers.
              Moving is another stress on top of that, so I can see how it would be somewhat of a tipping point.
              I am having stress problems as well, not as bad it sounds! but still, I am here clenching my teeth, not knowing how to unwind. I have another court date, this is a very very nasty divorce, the kids and I are very short of funds, but there is a lot of very good things, so I am trying not to get carried away with the not so great.
              If you want to share more, do so.
              Lila

Comment

I don't have too much time or patience for a lot of the hypno CD's...
                But I do turn on the subliminal one, just about every morning while I'm checking in here, & doing my eliptical/ getting ready for work routine...
                Even if I'm not really listening to it,... I like to think maybe some of it might still just creep in there...

Hey! Great wonderful news! My nephew Colby will be home tomorrow!:h
                He just finished his 2nd tour of duty in Afghanistan... he's been in Texas for the past couple of months, but will finally be home tomorrow!:H
                I was so worried about him over there...

Life is GOOD!:l

Comment

Morning fellow modders.
                  Thank gawd today is Friday is all I can say.
                  I just want to curl up in bed with a good book and shut the world out for a day.
                  Dinner last night was great. We also got a surprise visit from my friends brother who we hadn't seen in about 15 years.
                  A friend has lent me her copy of Marley & Me and Mama Mia, so the weekend will be spent relaxing and catching up on some TV time.

Peri, I am so sorry to hear you've had such a rough time of late. Please let us know when you are going to trial so we can pray for you.

Lila, big hugs to you. I hope that an amicable solution is near for you and your family.

Judie, that is such wonderful news about Colby.
                  I recently read " A thousand Suns" by the same author who wrote Kite Runner (Can't think of his name) and it's set in Afganistan during the war. It's a heart breaking read but gives a clear and accurate account of what life is like there.

Moo, I'm going to sneak some soya mince into the lasagne this weekend and see if the family spot it lol!!
                  I must tell you, I bought a pack of OSTRICH mince the other day but can't bring myself to cook it. It is supposed to be a lot healthier than other red meat as it has almost NO fat but I just can't bring myself to cook it.

"You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
                  -Zig Ziglar

Comment

Peri, I'm so glad to see you back - missed you from the old gang and our Zed days. So very sorry to hear about your traumatic situation and am praying for you and Lila and all of our MWO friends with major personal struggles.

DeeBee thanks for the birthday thread on generals! It meant a lot. I have always been a big celebrator for birthdays - love getting cards and being remembered. Just feel it's my one day of the year to really celebrate my life and blessings and it means so much to me when friends acknowledge me so thank you for doing that!

I absolutely loved the Kite Runner so imagine I would like the other book as well. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great week-end everyone. I may do things in reverse and NOT drink this week-end. Have been imbibing too much this vacation so think it's time to put a stop to it and clean my body out.

Take care and will keep in touch. Hi to all!
                    Eve11
                    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Modders...

Peri...I am really sorry to hear that you have been through such a lot. I am a lawyer and although I dont do very much criminal law these days, I do see some dreadful things and there are some truely awful people in the world. I just hope you are getting lots of support and assistance to help you deal with some of the after affects of such a thing. As you already know, we are all here for you in any way we can be. Lots of happy thoughts being sent your way. So pleased you are back here.

Lila...you must be so stressed with an acrynomious divorce in your life. When there are children involved it is soooo much harder emotionally. The strain is dreadful, its as thought whatever is going on in your day to day life, that is just hanging over you all the time. I hope your court hearing brings some sort of ending to it all for you. Thoughts are with you.

Eve I hope you have enjoyed your hols and had a wonderful birthday. Back to the real world soon enough I fear! Make the most of your hols for the last weekend.

Deebs - You had me in stitches over the Ostrich meat - LOL...Poor little bugger, you cant cook it..!!!! Let me know how the lasagne goes. Normally you put the "meat" in last rather than first, although that may depend on the brand (sorry if I am teaching you to suck eggs!).

Judie...thats happy news about Colby. You must be delighted and very relieved he is back...

Well I have just had a session with personal trainer...he is pushes pretty hard and is working out a new program for me for the gym...with lots of interval training....trying to up the anti a bit for summer. So feeling very knackered, but happy!!

I am actually enjoying racking up the AF time again. The weekend starts here and I am delighted that it will be AF. Feeling really really positive at the moment, its great.

Love to all, Moo
                      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

I can feel your positive vibes from here Moo -- you are rocking!!

Comment

I can too, Moo! School just got out and I couldn't get away to work out - good for you!

Comment

Hi everybody.
                            Just a quik pop in, before I head into town.
                            I'm going to go get some little flags to take to the airport for when we pick up Colby! I'm so glad he'll be home & safe! 2 tours over there,... and he seems like such a kid to me! I can't imagine the things he's had to see & do!

I'm riding along with my Brother & SIL to pick him up. The aiport's an hour &1/2 away so I need to get going.
                            Have a great day everybody!

:l
                            Judie

Comment

You must be so excited Judie -- have a wonderful reunion and party!!

Comment

Hi all! Just a quick pop in - helping Doug Horley with his puppets for his show tonight at a local school:

Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Working...
                                X