Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 8th June

I so want that shark!!!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

What a cool Sharkey Vladster!!
      My fav rugby team is called the Sharks. Which reminds me, we are playing the Irish this weekend (I think)
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hey Everyone,
        Just wanted to check in. All is well, and I'm doing an AF stretch. I just get so darned anxious sometimes, and that makes me want to drink. I'm going to read up on alcohol and anxiety.

Busy times with the kids, and work...so I haven't been here much, but I think of all of you, and I'll try to check in more. Sara
        "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Morning Gals,

And what a beautiful morning it is!!
          Yesterday when the garden service came they also bought me 2 rose bushes which another client asked them to dig up, so I scored FREE roses! Oh joy! I have never grown roses so it's all a bit of an experiment.

So today, when I've finished the damn Ad that has to go to the printers on Monday I'm going to go and pot about in the garden. And then, I dunno, just relax.

Sara, if you google AL and anxiety you'll be busy for a week reading up! Are you taking anything for the anxiety (supps?). There is quite a lot availbale out there but what is really working for me is the L-Theanine, 5-HTP and magnesium combo.
          BTW I hope you aren't being scarce because you are doing an AF stretch? There are a few of us that were talking about getting in some serious AF time, please stay close and we can support one another.

Hi to everyone else.... I hope the Mod life is treating you well.

HUGS
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Wow! That puppeteering was hard - a fish on each hand, there were 6 of us in total, was a pretty difficult routine. The shark was enormous!!! Luckily the pros operated that one!
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Check this out...

Educational Puppets for early prevention & awareness!

Comment

Happy saturday modders...

Just had my hair cut. Although my hairdresser does a wonderful job on my mop (which is very short) she has a certain way of styling it, that a) I dont think suits me at all and b) I dont like in general. But, I havent got the heart to tell her this, so I normally live with it for a few hours then wash it and do it how I like it. Oh, the madness of the world.

So I am off to run the saturday errands now, shopping for food etc. Deep joy!

AF this weekend so planning to have a really nice dinner of whatever I fancy the most when I am in the supermarket. I am utterly and completely happy not to be drinking this weekend. NO BEAST. How marvellous is that.

Sara - I think that Deebs is right, you will find a plethora of stuff on the web about anxiety and AL. Have you ever tried aromatherapy oils? I am a real fan of these. Cheap and very effective. Try lavendar in a hot bath or on your pillow to assist anxiety.

Love to all.....and have a wonderful weekend.

love Moo
                "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Hi all,
                  We are off to the zoo today! It is a smaller zoo, which one can comfortably walk through in a couple of hours. They add a new exhibit each year, so it isn't one of the older zoos with just rows of cages. Then we will have lunch at a Mexican restaurant. Maybe I'll have a margarita, just one.

Deebs, I will think of you when I see the ostriches.
                  Judie, ducks are what I'm thinking about for you.
                  Sara and Lila, I will think of you when I see parents and small children.
                  Vlad, I guess the shark will connect my thoughts to you!
                  Moo, will there be cows??
                  Peri, I'm hoping for a baby goat of some kind.
                  Eve, I think you take exotic vacations, maybe elephants??
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Colby's home!
                    Got him home yesterday afternoon!

He's wearing a bracelet of one of his buddys who he lost while he was home on leave last year...:upset:

So glad we got him back safe and sound!:h

We suprised him @ the airport, he didn't know his brother, SIL or I would be there.(as well as his Mom & Dad) It was a wonderful reunion!

Had I been driving,... the first thing we'd have done would have been to get that soldier a beer! But it was my big brother @ the wheel, he hardly drinks (ever!), so we just headed strait home...

Sunbeam, I like a margarita with lunch too! There's a place in Brookings that has great mexican food and margs that are served in these "fish bowl" glasses, I even have a hard time finishing one! LOL

Comment

Sunny I sure hope there will be Cows...they are great! I love 'em.

Judie..I am so glad for you. Tragic about Colby's friend. Just awful. But sounds like you had an awsome day.

Everyone sounds like they are having a really nice weekend..YAY.

We just got back from supermarket shop and Hubby bought himself 3 bottles of beer to go with buffet type dinner tonight. I did buy anything alcoholic and better still I was not even tempted. WOW what a feeling...its liberating.

Love to all

Moo ooo

Comment

Howzit going Gals!

Moo, I must share with you what happened to me on Friday -- I was driving home from work and using the back roads which are normally quicker and less congested. Anyway I am toodling along only to come to a grinding halt because a family, not a herd, a family of cows were cruising up the road. Mama cow, papa cow and baby cow all taking a walk through our neighbourhood -- a bazaar sight!!

Sun, how was the zoo?? Did they have any ostriches?? I can't remember when last I went to the zoo -- we don't have any near us unfortunately.

Judie, how was the coming home party for Colby? Do you think it'll take time for him to adjust being home again?

Well, I'm not very proud of myself -- had a bit of a fanny wobble yesterday!
                        So the daughter has gone to my parents for the long weekend which wasn't planned but very welcome as my Mum arrived just as I was about to murder the daughter. I had been mucking about watering the garden and somehow broke the tap -- but I didn't just break it, oh no, the whole bloody thing came apart and was gushing water EVERYWHERE. So the daughter comes out and starts crapping on me cause theres no water for her to take a shower ...............hmmmmm, I'll just say that my choice of words to her was not very lady-like.

Needless to say that I got to the shops too late to get a bottle of wine so with a drop lip went without last night.

Anyhoo, I am over it today and looking forward to a quiet one.

Howz everyone's weekend going?

Comment

Hey Guys

Deebs, that is really odd, to see a family of cows like that...how cute is that. I just love cows...all cow stories gratefully received.

Sounds like the daughter really got up your nose, they have a real talent for it at that age dont they? Good that your mum provided a buffer for the night. I'm sure that once you see her again all will be well. Mum's are great arnt they. Well sometimes!!

Probably good that the store was shut, better to drink wine when you have a good head on I always think.

All is great here, had a lovely AF saturday night with some Baileys Ben and Jerrys for afters as a treat.YUM. Really pleased I didnt drink last night as today me and Mr Moo have to go and see our tenant to collect rent and cut their flipping grass. Wouldnt want to be doing that with a hangover. AF life is certainly easier!!

Just a note to self, I have had a totally "beast free" weekend, (marvellous) but I made a point of staying close this week after the previous week when this had not been possible. I think it makes a big difference just to my state of mind, even though we hardly actually discussed AL this week. Just a thought...I think it shows how much we all get out of this support network. ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO MY FRIENDS.

Happy sunday to all

Moo

Comment

Working...
                          X