Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 15th June

Hi modders,

Eve, where did you go for your b-day? Sounds like you must have had a great time. I loved having teenagers around. Call me crazy? I think it was my favorite time with my boys. Definitely not always a smooth ride, but I do like teens with their creative minds and vibrant spirits. Remember that for us as parents, this stage is the ?last hurrah? :happy:before they spread their wings and move out on their own. A very important time for them (and us). I missed them sooo much when they left home. It was quite a grieving process for me.

DeeBee, have a safe and productive trip. What nasty stories. Makes my heart ache.

Moo, I am not a cow lover so much as having a love and respect for animals of all kinds (plants too). I have read some of your other posts about your exercise and eating habits. All of that combined was where I was coming from. I did see some cows yesterday and it made me smile as I thought of you. :l

Along those lines, after 23 years as a RE appraiser, it takes quite a special house to make me say ?WoW?, and I saw one yesterday! I only wish Zed was still around to appreciate my discussion as well. This place was typical looking on the outside but inside had beautiful interior finishes. The most impressive was the master suite. There was a waterfall and koi pond in the master bedroom surrounded by many om symbols etched into the rock walls. The bamboo floors led to an indoor salt water pool. Beneath the master was the most beautiful bathroom I have ever seen with incredible green marble tiles, several with the om symbol etched into them. This tile was backlit allowing the lines and colors to show at their best. There was of course a sauna/steam room, jetted tub, oversized shower with multiple heads, etc. I actually asked the owner if I could be his little sister and come over and practice yoga by his waterfall and koi pond. He just laughed; I think that was a ?no?.

I am not happy with myself after having 3 glasses of wine last night. I want and need to get back on track with my moderating. It just feels like an overwhelming task for me right now. I am so embarrassed to even bring it up because I was doing so well. I don?t want circumstances in my life to interfere the way I feel it has. I think that I should have been stronger through everything and I am angry with myself. I am seeing a counselor which really helps. I have a meeting with the DA tomorrow to go over the police report and the upcoming trial. I am very nervous about it and maybe that?s why I didn?t show control last night. I really must have a clear head tomorrow though. So tonight I plan to be AF.

I hope that everyone is doing well.

periwinkle
    Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Peri.

It sounds as though you are going through some pretty big stuff at the present time. I am really glad that you have the support of a counsellor, especially if you feel it is positive. I have some understanding of what it is like pre-trial. Maybe more from the point of view of the DA, but nonetheless I know what sort of process you will have to endure as a victim and it is god awful. If you want to "talk" about it I'd be really happy to listen. Truly.

Other than that I am sending love and support in readiness for tomorrow. Be strong and AF tonight as you say you need a really clear head for whats ahead.

I assume RE is real estate?? UK here! Its just plain property to us Brits. That house sounds pretty incredible.

Goog luck tomorrow Peri
      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

rats

the sales manager has stolen my laptop to do a demo in the boardroom, using the internet on my nokia 5800
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Vlad,

I guess you should get to go home now!

Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

well its all pretty quite on the modders front this week. SO to lurkers and absent friends....hello.

Hope everyone is having a successful week.

Happy modding..Moo

Comment

Hi all,
              I guess I need to post instead of just reading everyone else's. Sometimes I feel like I spend too much time here, I've been around nearly a year and a half. Yet I enjoy all of you as my cyber-friends, so maybe I shouldn't feel guilty about hanging out here. Just what's wrong with having friends?

Peri, my thoughts are with you as you go through court with a difficult situation. These things do make us want to drink, yet we have also learned by now that drinking only makes it worse. Easier said than done, though.I'm curious to know the asking price for the house you described. It's probably, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it." But I do quite love our 40-year-old cape cod. And now it looks so nice with the new siding and windows. Vinyl is final, they say. No more painting and peeling.

Deebs, we miss you already. You really hold this group together.

Moo - moo to you! I am partial to brown cows, they are more friendly. Once I was riding my bike along a country road when I suddenly noticed one pacing me! The brown ones are very curious, and come right up to me if I stop.

Vlad, I hope you have your laptop back by now.

Eve, my husband and I used to routinely share a bottle of wine when we had dinner out, but no more. It really is too much to have before driving.

Take care, all
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam;639052 wrote:
                Eve, my husband and I used to routinely share a bottle of wine when we had dinner out, but no more. It really is too much to have before driving.
                Funny how our ideas change once we start modding. We used to do the same Sunbeam - share a bottle with dinner and then he'd drive home. I agree, now it's just too much in too short a timeframe so we do one glass with and may then stop for a nightcap for the 2nd.
                I remember talking to a friend once who was aghast that we shared a bottle of wine with dinner. She thought that was just way too much. At the time I absolutely didn't get it, but now I do.

I was reading a book Sunbeam about moderators and how a lot do leave support groups once they're modding well and don't feel they need the support anymore. I guess for me I would like to give to the people who do need it. Newbies definitely need to see some success stories. So, I'm glad you're still here!

Peri, your ordeal sounds stressful and my thoughts are with you. BTW, we were in southern CA for vacation - we go about 3x every summer, San Clemente & Capistrano area - between L.A. and San Diego. Absolutely lovely there!!

Gals, my story with the cows is telling my family "Look at the moo cows!" when I was 2 or 3 and my older brother thought I was really stupid. LOL!!

Kids are still here for the party. So funny how I would have been drinking throughout it in the past (any excuse to drink!). It's been seltzer and cranberry juice. May have a glass of wine tonight - may not. But certainly not in the day time and early evening with all of these kids here!

Ch-ch-changes...and they're all good!
                Hugs,
                Eve11
                "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Was interesting to read peoples thoughts about spending time here, whether its good, bad, or indifferent, whether it is still necessary once modding successfully. Its still fairly early days for me, although things are very good. I did however find that the week I did not come here was the week I had unintended drinks. Very interesting.

Its odd, its not as if we actually talk very much about AL or lack thereof on the this thread. So clearly its not a need (for me at least) to come here to talk about it very often. But somehow by coming here regularly and being in the thick of it I am soooo much the STRONGER for it. No doubt about it. I am thinking maybe its just the comradship and the ability to talk about it if needed. Whatever it is, I for one love, need and respect our little group and am grateful everyday for each and everyone of you.

Moo

Comment

I'm baaaaaack!!

Tired and sore after a busy three days but the trip was hugely sucessful and I'm looking forward to seeing the orders roll in.

Just a quick pop in to say HI to all my favorite peeps and I'll catch up properly on the weekend, promise.
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

mooderator;639625 wrote: I for one love, need and respect our little group and am grateful everyday for each and everyone of you.

Moo
                      Hear, hear!!
                      So beautifully said Moo:l
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Modders!!

I don't pop over here often because I am a struggling AFer and reading about modding is difficult for me.

But, I did want to say sometimes I sneak a peek and am impressed with how well all of you are doing and the great little community you have here. Very supportive and caring.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Peri - I don't know the history of the court thing but sending positive thoughts your way. Those kinds of things definitely do want to make us drink more than normal. Deep breaths and stay focused. I am sorry you are going through whatever it is.

Love to all,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

WELCOME HOME DEEBEE....great to hear you had such a brilliant trip.

thanks for posting Cindi.

Well its friday night at last. I have next week off work, and the weather is said to be really lovely. So its a special friday night for me...hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Love Moo

Comment

Morning fellow modders,

Well I climbed into bed at 7pm and woke up 12 hours later - bliss!!
                            Hubby is working, the daughter is studying, and I am going to do....... hmmm.............. NOTHING!
                            I might pot around the garden for a bit and puff up a couple of cushions on the couch but I also might not LOL I am feeling very cheeky today.

Tomorrow is Fathers Day here -- is it there by you too?
                            What do you do for fathers day? I would love to do something different for hubby, he's been working so hard and under a lot of pressure, I'd like to spoil him a bit

Comment

Cindi, thanks for the support!!
                              It means a lot that even thought Abs is your goal you can support us in our goal to live the mod life. And yes, we are a tight group which really stays close but also welcomes anyone new in with open arms.

Comment

Deebs,

It is fathers day in the UK tomorrow as well (and this year an AF one-lol!).

We tend to do simple stuff, just things we know Dad will love. So, tomorrow we are going for a long walk by the sea and then will go for an extravagant ice cream, locally made that Dad adores. Then I will cook him and the rest of the family a Dinner of his choice. Then we might watch a film in the evening if he fancies it or pay bowling on the Wii. For his present, I have put him togther a basket of "goodies" and they are all APPLE related. He just loves anything APPLEY, so there is posh Apple Juice (locally produced etc) CIDER!, cutneys and so on. So I guess its not the high life, but it is what makes my "old man" happy.

So this is another AF weekend for me. Today I am pottering too Deebs. First full day of my holiday. I have the first part of the week at home and the second part away with one of my best friends (very excited about that). Having had a lie in, I now plan to mooch about, "doing a bit and leaving a bit" as my Nan used to say. Bit of gardening and a bit of house stuff, then something really yummy and easy for tea. not sure what yet....

Wishing all Modders and Lurkers alike a lovely happy weekend....

love Moo

Comment

Working...
                                X