Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 15th June

Lila,
    I find that for me,...being out on the river w/my doggie,... & spending time on the water, getting close to the Otters, Osprey, Beaver,Blue Herons,etc, just the sound, smell, feel of the water & sun,...to me, that's my "church"

I remember before I ever had a mortgage,... I lived in a tipi & then in a tree-house,... I always said I'd never buy land,...that it was a "joke"

You work your whole life to pay for it,... you die,...and it's still here,... Who owns what? (maybe I've gotten stupid in my old age)

Sending peace & prayers to you & Peri. :l
    I've been there too,...court...

Hope your lessons aren't too brutal.
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunbeam;643653 wrote:
      Eve, you've had your share of holidays!
      Sunbeam,
      LOL!! I still have 3 more weeks of holidays to go but as I've learned this month - drinking every day of vacation is not a good modding plan.

I've been learning a lot these last few months as I've monitored, journaled, read books and observed. I used to (before modding) finish off a bottle of wine because I just felt like I had to. Even though I felt I'd had enough I just couldn't stand to leave that bottle unfinished.

That changed after modding but what hasn't for me is the thinking that I need to drink every Friday and Saturday and every night I'm on vacation. I have to be realistic. As a 2 day employee with a self employed hubby living in a state with most summer days over 105 I am on vacation too much in the summer to keep using that excuse.

So, we'll be working on that next my friends.

Happy hump day tomorrow.

Hugs,
      Eve11:l
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Hump Day Friends!!

I sent this to a friend the other day -- it has really resonated with me and I want to share it with you.
        For all that are going through a bad time, I hope this brings a ray of light to your day.

A message from the Angels

Many of us are going through huge changes and shifts in our lives. None of it very comfortable or what we would consciously choose to be doing.
        As humans we are really strange creatures. We choose to stay in a space that is ?uncomfortable? rather than change and move into something else that we do not know.
        Our fear of change and the unknown can at times be overwhelming! Sometimes we are ?stuck? in terrible predicaments for years as we are too scared to do anything about it.
        At times we have to have the door slammed in our faces before we turn around and see that there is another door that is already open.
        Much of the hard and hectic times that are occurring are what I believe is our preparation for 2012.
        As light workers we need to be prepared and into our Ascension process before the onset of 2012. There are many different ideas and theories of what will happen then. Many predictions even talk about the changes starting to occur before 2012 and I believe that it has already started and that is why the path is so much harder.
        Whatever our feelings and ideas are, know that the changes will be huge and that those who are not prepared will have a difficult time ahead.
        Embrace the hardships and changes that are happening with the knowledge that this is as it should be.
        It is not an easy path, but as long as it is our path to Ascension, give thanks and continue moving forward one step at a time.
        We need to be living in unconditional love, integrity and light. We need to be putting aside our egos and acknowledging the bigger picture even if it does not always match our personal expectations and ambitions.
        We need to join hands with our sisters and brothers in light. By assisting and loving each other unconditionally we can all do this together.

I'd also like to shout out to anyone who has been lurking, not wanting to "burden" the group with their worries -- please come and post, knowing that we are each here to provide support, information, a shoulder to cry on, a place to scream when you need to - basically, a safe place to find YOUR way out.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hey, this is lovely I have just logged on and read posts from loads of us...it's really nice that we are all together here.

Deebs...thank you for posting that...lots to think about in there...

Eve, it sounds from your post that you are in the same position as I was when I came here (and still really working on it all of course) in that I was only drinking at the weekend or on holidays, but I had come to think of it as my "right" to do so. The habit had taken me over. By largely not drinking at home, generally not drinking at the weekend and mostly only drinking when I am away I am starting to see real change. As you say, it is the journalling reading and noticing that helps us to "see" the errors....we all continue to learn..Of course you have your quantities much more under control than I did when I came here (the comparision was more about the regularity of consumption in a habit-like way).

Judie. You are making me think i should spend my mortgage payment on a pair of shoes!!!! Or a nice holiday...LOL. I love that you always sound so at peace when you are out on your lake.

Lila who is that book by? It sounds very interesting, just the sort of thing I would read.

On that note, I am as SUNBEAM says so many of us are, off on a few days holiday, so wont be here for a few days....I am glad to say that I have not touched a drop of AL for three weeks and I am feeling fairly calm about going away with my friend in this regard. There will be wine and maybe champers, and dinners out. But I am optimistic that there will be no distasters with AL and that I will drink in a manner I am happy with.

I will miss you guys....see you in a few days...love Moo
          "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
          but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Bon Voyage Moo!
            I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.
            I'll miss you till then.
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Judie,
              I enjoy the outdoors too, but you would really enjoy my youngest brother. He just installed his first flush toilet in his home! He is really rustic.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Good morning,

Hi Sunbeam, you are the mod queen, as always. I am very happy that you have found your way. I am very jealous of your three weeks plus a day off for Independence Day. I get just the day, drats, guess I chose the wrong career!

Lila, I wasn?t asking for advice. Your reply was beautiful! That was exactly what I was asking for. What have others done/ are others doing to get through the difficult times. I don?t do well with being pushed either. I do well with reading about other?s success. Their path to their success, or tidbits of what helps them through is what I can relate to and adopt for myself. I still haven?t gotten my CD?s unpacked. I know they helped me before. I am going to make a goal to get them out and get started on that. Your word ?motivate? is one I have also been thinking about too. I believe that I have been feeling too sorry for myself and lacking motivation to get out of my ?yuck?. The book sounds interesting, I may try to find that. I have decided that a day for me is a goal I will strive for early in July (no hubby, no phones, a trip to the mountains, a yoga class, etc). The next court date is July 13. So there is a little time. There are 3 victims in this case (three separate events) so it is going to be interesting to see how the plea goes.

Jude, Thanks for your wishes for peace and prayers. I do have many moments of peace in my life, it?s not all chaos. I could just use more of it! LOL! I have really been trying to reduce my work load the past few weeks in order to reduce my overall stress. My industry has undergone many changes in the past 2 years most of which have not served my profession well. Many appraisers have dropped out and found something else to do. For me, I have learned that I just don?t know how to say ?no?. It is really hard for me to control the amount of work I can accept and complete. Once I find that balance I hope I will find more peace. At least I hope to find more time to spend with nature!

Eve, I must say that I ?hear? a lot of growth in you while I was away. It?s not something specific I can put my finger on, but it does sound like you are in a better place. I am very jealous of you with all your holiday?s too!

Thanks DeeBee for the message. It seems just like what I needed to hear right now. You are awesome that way!

Moo, You too on holiday?! I will miss you while you are away. I want some time off! I am confident that you will do fine. I must admit that I don?t know what champers are though.

periwinkle :h
                Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Hi Ya'll!

Just a fly by check in...
                  I've been busier than a one legged woman, in a butt kickin' contest! Looks like summer's finally here! (along with all of the coastal visitors! LOL) I think I went thru 15 gallons of ice tea & chowder yesterday, and about 20 crab melt sammiches! I lost count on the blackberry pie...
                  How do people eat that much?

I have a feeling they're gonna do it again today though. It sure makes the day go fast, gotta love that!:H "Paid aerobics", for 6 hrs a day!(much better pay than an "instructor!" LOL)

Yahoo! Today's my Friday!

Hope everybody has a great day!
                  Hugs,
                  Judie

Comment

periwinkle;643469 wrote:

I am feeling needy and think I want to hear your stories of how this program has worked for you through your tough times.
                    Peri, I think I interepreted this statement too narrowly. I definitely used to drink to relax and excape things I didn't like: stress, bad news, etc. I just posted what has worked for me under Deebs' new moderators toolbox thread. I hope that you will find something helpful there.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Morning gals,
                      It is definelty getting cooler but the sun is still shinning brightly and the flowers blooming.
                      I am working from home this morning before heading out to a work lunch which involves me getting dressed up in an themed outfit for Mamma Mia (not my scene!!) so i took advantage of my early morning and went for a run. I saw the zebra's again but they were too far away to have a serious staring competition and besides the sun was in my eyes so I was at a totally disadvantage LOL!!!
                      Today is my daughter's last exam -- yehhaaahh! Maybe now we can get back to normal.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today -- the weekend is nearly here, and for some lucky fish like Judie, it's here already.

Love to all.

Comment

Go strut your stuff, Deebs :-)

I once had to dress up for a "Loser's Party" - I went as a Sharks supporter. Hehehe

FYI the others: the Sharks are Deebs' local rugby team :-)
                        I'll do whatever it takes
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;645219 wrote:

I once had to dress up for a "Loser's Party" - I went as a Sharks supporter. Hehehe

FYI the others: the Sharks are Deebs' local rugby team :-)
                          Ha f*cking Ha!! I suppose you support the Stormers???
                          Let the battle begin.....:H

(said with love and peace ofcourse)

Comment

LOL @ deebs

I'm actually a banana boy myself. Born and raised in Mtunzini, later PMB, then Umhlanga and Umdloti. Only became a Capey when I went to varsity and met DW.

And now you can explain all these weird placenames to the others :-)

All jokes aside: just wanted to say thanks for your support this week. I'm feeling strong tonight - now to keep it up over the weekend. I didn't even finish the last bit in the glass tonight - to deliberately kick AL's ass!!!

Tip
                            I'll do whatever it takes
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hi everyone...I don't have much to say, too hot where I am! read everyone's posts, thinking of you all...and welcome tiptronic, have not met you yet,
                              Lila

Comment

Brrrrrr, Tips nasty weather reached us last night, and with it so came the polar bears.

Today is break-up day at school but on the way to the bus stop the daughter asked me to stop as she felt like she might throw up. Log story short, I have brought her home, tucked her up in bed with a good book and a cuppa tea. I know that her nausea is not a "bug" but more a "thug" -- there is a chick at school who has turned on her and made her school life un-pleasant. Not to the extent where I need to step in yet, but enough to cause my daughter anxiety. So being that today school finishes at 10am in any case and it's school holidays for 3 weeks now, I'll just keep her close to me for the day. We have an appointment at the theraphist later, so maybe something will be said them.

Nothing really to report from my little world. The sun is shinning so it'll warm up just now. The garden service will be here this afternoon and then I can direct them on which plants to move etc in preparation for our renovations which will begin soon (now that we have our plans approved).

TGIF!!
                                I can't wait for tomorrow so I can sleep in a little later and snuggle up with a good book.

Have a fantastic Friday friends (and lurkers).
                                Love
                                Dee

Comment

Working...
                                X