Mod Squad Weekly Thread 15th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask For Help;648235 wrote: I've been kind of "missing in action" but just haven't had the oomph to post
    Ask,

Glad to hear from you. It's not abnormal at all to not have the emotional energy to post here when dealing with problems/emotional issues. I just always hope folks can at least lurk as I think they'll still find encouragement and support from others.

The teen years are stressful and to be a single parent has to make it that much more stressful. Our one son (adopted at age 3) came with a lot of emotional baggage and he can really act out at times. Really needs tough love and a lot of firm guidance constantly. Many times I thank God that I have Adam12 to help me. I find when I'm feeling weak he is feeling stronger and vice versa.

To do the single parent thing (even though dad is still in her life he's not there daily to guide and direct as well) sounds extremely difficult and I feel for you and all of the single parents out there. Just know that we're all here for you and you can always p.m. me and anyone else if you'd like things more personal and private.

Hoping everyone has a great new week.
    Hugs to all...friends and lurkers,
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, All

I'm almost on my way home from work. If you looked at the "Just Starting out" section, you would have seen I had a fantastic weekend (relatively speaking - it still came down to too much). Compared to where I was at 10 days ago, I'm happym, though.

Deebs - been waiting for you to check in. I especially wanted to thank you for all the tips about supplements and vitamins. They're being an enormous help at the moment.

My mother is arriving tonight, staying for two weeks. Hopefully that will also help to change the old routines and triggers!

Take care, everyone!

Tip
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Monday evening.....been back since sunday afternoon and I am only just getting a sense of getting things back to normal....I have the "i have been away for a couple of days backlog"! So, really busy, but I havent forgotten my lovely mod friends. I have just sped read the news, but currently no time to comment...I will as soon as I can.

Just wanted to say Hi and see if you were all ok,.....it largely looks good and a few people back posting which is delightful.

Weekend away was a success, I have posted about it in my own thread, but wont bore you with details here...suffice to say things improve all the time...

Love to you all for now...Moo
        "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
        but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Happy Monday everyone! Welcome back Moo.

I am just checking in. I have a very busy day and week ahead of me so no time to write much. Just wanted to say "hi". Had an AF Friday and very mod Saturday and Sunday. So I am feeling good about that part of things.

periwinkle
          Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Hi Modders,
            Well, I hope you'll forgive me for not posting. Prior to two weeks ago, I was in a nasty funk, if you will. I had been lurking daily, but didn't have whatever I needed in me to post anything, and I apologize. I felt guilty for receiving good advice, but not giving the support which is such a big part of our journey. So if you don't mind, I'm going to hook up with you wonderful people again.

I see Peri is back also. Nice to see you! And a few new names, so hello to you. Deebs, I hope your daughter is doing better with her unfortunate incident with the girl/bully. Yes, that age is so very difficult, especially for girl. She's lucky she's got such a caring mom. Eve, you sound as strong as ever. Moo, congrats on your control over your holiday weekend. I think I need to get back into the swing of using the tools to mod successfully. During the weeks, I'm not drinking at all. My goal is only to drink 2-3 once a week, or even less. That would be Sunbeam's plan. I need to work towards that because anymore and it seems as if I lose my control. So before this Sat., I was successfully AF for two weeks. I need help so that I don't binge on that once in a while drinking session. I'm not sure if I should use the kudzu for that one particular night or what. I know, slow down. Sometimes I feel as though I only have just this one day a week, and that's when I lose the battle.

Well, I'm back! Thank you for having me!
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi Ya'll!
              Been busier than a "one legged woman...in an A$$ kickin' contest!"

Yep, I know firsthand, how mean and cruel those High Scool days can be,...
              Doesn't matter, who or what you are,....
              My best friend from grade school turned her back on me..
              (because of who I was dating)

I became,MUDD...My best friend dissed me.... They begain having practice without telling me,.

Those are trying times for a young girl....No matter what.

:h

This town is so HUGE,... if somebody farts,... it's in the news!
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

ARggggghhhhh hump!!
                I hate month end with a passion!! Customers dragging their heels on making payment, creditors screeming for money and our server playing up so my internet access is limited.
                Just wanted to quickly poke my head in to say hi whilst I can.... tomorrow I am off to gangster's paradise so I'll catch up with you then.
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Oh DEEBS you sound a little fed up with work....chin up gal...month end will soon be over and you can start a whole new fresh month, full of possibilities! Until that one also becomes a month end...LOL!

PERI...Just wanted to congratulate you on what sounds like a very successful modding weekend. Thats great going. Good for you.

Hey TIP....have just started to catch up and read some of your posts...nice to meet you.

WELCOME HOME J-VO. We have missed you loads girl. Glad you are back.

JUDE - that is such a great expression.....the one legged women.....made me laugh out load...and yes you are right high school for almost everyone was/is a nightmare time.

Well its tuesday lunchtime here and I am still catching up, but its getting better. Other than being busy with work and trying to get lots of exercise in I have no special plans until the weekend. Last night I actually got Mr Moo to bring in my old exercise bike from the shed, so that I can sit and pedal for a bit whilst various TV is on....I am hoping that adding this to gym sesssions will improve fitness further.

Anyway...I must away ....work calls...

Mooooo
                  "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                  but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

hi everyone
                    J-vo, nice to have you back as well, and all of you on here - seems like lots of us drop in and drop out, including me.
                    Tonight I am tired, I feel confident about the future again, I was in a big huge panic, but now I know it was just a mood.
                    I applied for a job, they have not called me, hmmm.....
                    Lila

Comment

Morning all,
                      It's July 1st already! The 4th just around the corner. My grandfather used to tell me that summer was over after the 4th! It's just beginning pappy.

Well, so much has been going on and not so much. The "so much" is that I'm getting a lot accomplished with my life lately. I've been consistently exercising the past two weeks and feel great about that. When I'm exercising, I tend to eat right, and not drink! My son and I are having a great summer together and we're not sleeping in too late as we'd planned. He's playing lots of baseball and I'm cheering him on.

The "not so much" of course is the drinking. I had some drinks last Sat. night. More than I'd wanted to, but again, so much better than years past. Thanks to this site and all of you.

Lila - I hope that you get that call. Let us know.
                      Deebs - a hampster! Good luck to you. That will be fun for your daughter.
                      Moo moo, keep up the good work exercising. Yesterday I started walking one minute, running one minute and what a difference it made in my workout! I'm trying to build up that running time (since not smoking).
                      Tip - I read about your MD being here for two weeks. I'm sending strength your way! I know only too well how stressful that can be.
                      Saint Jude, Ask, Eve, Sun, Peri have a lovely day.
                      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Thanks, j-vo

It'll get better - she probably also needs to get a lot of stuff off her chest, given the home setup with my dad. Also a lot of catching-up, so as soon as that is over, I'll have a bit more space...

Hello, all - hope everything is well with everyone.

Tip
                        I'll do whatever it takes
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                        X