X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad - July Thread!!!

Just got home and LOOK! LOOK! LOOK!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/978297=5081-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Wow Vlad: that is beautiful!!

Ask

Comment

All the inside needs doing yet but it's sooooooo exciting!!!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Vlad, you lucky girl! Will you be filling it with plants?
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Supps helped today

Was reading some threads today and was reminded that the supps could help get me back on track. Took L-glut and Kudzu at 3 PM and breezed through the dinner hour/evening without any temptation. GooseEgg in the DrinkTracker for me tonight. Yea!.

Ask

Comment

Funny how life goes!

Hello All....

Well the party was a total success. I had an AF plan and followed it meticulously. I worked a treat and I had a totally AF night at an occasion. Very pleased with myself.

I had as you may know planned an AF run of 6 weeks and had had an excellent food week...

Sunday came and there was major drama on the home front (not with Mr Moo, but with my parents and it was all VERY distressing. In the end, I just wanted to go out and eat nice food and have a couple of glasses of wine, so dispite it all, we did. I moderated well, had three glasses (small) of wine and I am happy with that (very). Didnt want any more, knew when I was done, drank within what I think is very sensible. So, its really not bad. The only issues I have with it are; I only have 5 weeks to be AF and I drank because I was distressed and I had not planned it.

On the whole I am happy, the situation with the parents has abated (mostly, I think) and I am sooooo learning to moderate....really pleased. Before, I would have used this as an opportunity not just to have a couple of glasses of wine, but to get pissed.

The other upside of not drinking much, is that I dont need much! Cheap date!
              "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
              but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Great going Moo! Huh, know what you mean about drama with parents etc...

Comment

Vladster, your conservatory looks awesome!! Are you going to fill it with exotic herbs?
                  ROFL at you on the trampoline!! The daughter has one at the bottom of the garden which I have been known to climb on after a bit of dutch courage and honestly I just look ridiculous.

Moo, I am sorry to hear about your parents -- I hope it's all blown over now:-) I've been meaning to ask you, if you weighted yourself this weekend? Did you loose what you were aiming for?

Ask, "gooseEgg" LOL!! I love it!!
                  Good job on remembering the supps -- often we get complacent or possibly just plain ole lazy and forget about the tools we have on hand to help us.

Well I'm getting serious about August and busy putting my plan together.... (am popping myself to go with out sugar if truth be told)

I have a Doc's appointment on Thursday for check up on "the plumbing" and I'm going to have a serious chat with her about my drinking and how/if sugar plays a role on my cravings.

Hope some of our lurkers and awol members pop in this week to say hi.....

I'll catch up with everyone later.

Thought for today
                  " Anybody can lift you up but nobody can make you stand on your feet."

--- Written in 2009 by Johni Pangalila --- Australia
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Sunbeam;675957 wrote: Vlad, you lucky girl! Will you be filling it with plants?
                    DeeBee;676081 wrote:
                    Vladster, your conservatory looks awesome!! Are you going to fill it with exotic herbs?
                    I intend on having a few large plants, but generally it's living space - there's going to be a dining table and a seating area.

Comment

I know with me it's still a case of have AL will drink. Although I did better this weekend than I have in the past, but still proving the reason why I don't buy cases of beer. I drank 15 beers over the last 3 days because it was there. But at least I managed to keep it to 4-5 a night rather than 8-9 or even 13!!! I still can't think that there are many 'normal' people that would have 5 beers on a Sunday evening when they've got to go to work the next day.

Anyway, I feel fine apart from the back and shoulders from the trampoline (and I was sober when I went on). Detoxing with some fresh orange juice and water.

Had to laugh though, my MIL was telling a story which included the line, 'I hadn't had anymore wine than I've had tonight.' I thought, 'Good grief woman, you've already had about 3 bottles...'

Oh, just wanted to say that I think this works well as a monthly thread. Can't wait to start an August one!

Comment

VLAD - the conservatory is awesome and how quick was that??? GREAT! And I am glad you got through your weekend ok!

DEEBS- I had done so well with the weight and hit my target, but what with the party and then sunday going all wrong, I fear it all sort of went to pot. I could cry...but as you always say its up by the bra straps and get on with it!!!LOL

AFH- Glad supps are supporting you - very good news.

God I hope life slows down a bit soon,. I am bordering on stressed!

Love to all Moo
                        "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                        but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Vlad,
                          Love the conservatory as well! Was fun to watch the progress via pix. Thx.
                          Moo,
                          You're doing awesome!! My youngest son who is a handful literally drives me to drink on rare occasions. I have to say the few times it's happened (drinking due to stress) it has been a way to relax and I've been able to have only 1 or 2 and chill out and it's been great. So, although we don't want to rely on drinking constantly for stress excuses (because there are SO many stressors in life) sometimes it just plain helps! So, you didn't meet the AF goal but you certainly met a good mod goal for yourself when you did drink...so good for you!
                          At work so gotta run (never take my 15 min breaks so consider a 10 min. one here reading and posting acceptable).
                          Have a blessed day my MWO friends and lurkers.
                          Eve11
                          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Sugar, sugar

DeeBee;676081 wrote:

Well I'm getting serious about August and busy putting my plan together.... (am popping myself to go with out sugar if truth be told)
                            DeeBee,
                            There was a book years ago that was a huge hit entitled "The Sugar Blues". Really went into great detail about sugar and how harmful it can be.

I had done some research on sugar in the past and found this blurb in some stored notes so will share with you.

It was a blurb from an article about cravings for sugar:

Carbohydrates turn to glucose (sugar). Wine (alcohol) especially sweet wine is a food that turns to sugar (glucose) very fast compared to most other foods, honey being one of a few exceptions. When there's abstinence, the body wants to replace the missing sugar FAST as it did with alcohol, because the body is use to it, thus physical craving occurs.

The craving for sugar is understandable, since wine has a significant sugar content, and sugar is itself a substance that lends itself to cravings.

So, this kind of explains why one has cravings for more alcohol as well once one has started drinkingl. So easy to crave and want that 2nd glass so much more than if you've never had one to begin with. As someone here wrote once (sorry I forget who!)..."if I don't have the 1st glass I won't want the last one".

Food for thought...or should we say sugar? LOL
                            Eve11
                            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all,
                              Monday night here. Well, baseball has finally come to an end for now. We've gotten through ten tourny's this month. All have travelled quite far. Each tourny has at least 4 games. I'm spent, needless to say. My son is more spent. We won 6 championships, 3 second places, and one third. It was an excellent season. My son has more trophies than I know where the hell to put them. Wait! I can shove it up. . . No, that would not be nice. Sorry.

Now that baseball has come to a stop at least for 3 weeks, I'm excited to get on with life. We are going away for vaca. in a few weeks. Mom and Dad are visiting us this week, and I've got to get my brain back into work. Just little stresses, that's all!

Deebs - I can't see your breath, so you are not freezing!

Vlad - I love your conservatory. I'm sure it'll be lovely once you get everything inside just the way you want it. Sorry about your trampoline soreness. Our bodies don't work as they used to!

Ask - I need some pacts, but only once I get back from vacation on August 16. Then I'm willing to commit.

Moo - You've moderated so freakin' well!!!! Good for you gal. Gosh, I wish I could be as good as you. Maybe once I get back to work, I'll be able to put my ass back into gear. I wanna follow you!

Sun - yes, progress in small steps is a biggy for me. I was just talking about that to my hubby this evening. As I look back on the past two years, I'm far better than I was, but not where I want to be. But being as aware as I am now, as opposed to not in the past, I've come so far, yet want to be so much farther. Baby steps, yes. I will. And it's you, and all of these people here, that I know it will happen.

I'm actually getting excited about going back to work. I have a purpose in life! And I woke up last week with this attitude adjustment about going away with my in-laws, SIL's, BIL's, nieces, nephews, that I can't explain. I'm going to be ok. Don't know where it came from. I assume our Almighty above. I've been thanking him. And I thank you all.

Night.
                              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Oh, Deebee, hope your plumbing visit goes well. I've got one scheduled for the end of Sept. Never like that visit. My mom survived breast cancer. So not only do I get the plumbing checked, I get the yearly mammogram. Good luck.
                                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                                X