Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad - July Thread!!!

Early bird catches the worm:-)
    Being up at 4am really sucks! I have dropped DH at the airport and can't consider climbing back in bed as I would never wake up in time for work.
    On the trip to the airport, I was thinking to myself how grateful I am that I didn't drink last night so as to be clear-headed this early in the morning.
    I think I'll get in an early morning run as soon as the sun shows it's face.

Moo, I have had great success with the L-Theanine. My GP suggested taking it with 5-HTP and Magnesium for a complete anti-anxiety programme. I take 300mg on an empty tummy first thing in the morning and again just before bedtime. I have also read that L-Theanine helps with PMS symptoms:-)
    It sounds like you are at a fork in the road with sobriety -- to mod or to abstain -- sending you loads of strength and support on your journey.

Vladster, here's to you having a better Tuesday. I hate days like that -- where nothing you say or do seems to be right.... today will be a better day.

Peri.... sipping tequelia??!! I don't think I've ever done that in my life!! LOL
    I must say that I can't stand the stuff after getting sick on it once... I can still smell it now if I think hard enough ewww!
    My "dirty weekend" is a bit of a joke with DH and I. We are both travelling for work and will meet up for the weekend to do some sightseeing and tourist-y things.

Hi Wine Lover -- congrats on notching up those AF days -- feels great doesn't it?!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Morning all! Woke up this morning with a pain in my back on my right side. Hope it is just because I slept funny and not something worse!

Anyway - today will be a better day. I am determined.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

"Tis it a balmy negetive 20 degrees where U are. I know it is here
        Long Road
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
        Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Good morking UK all
          Long Road
          Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

No, it's not -20, it's 16, lol! You realised I was in the UK. Was in Finland in February earlier this year - was -20 there.

Anyway, welcome Long Road - don't think I've 'seen' you on this thread before.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hold on, let me check the temperature in Moscow. Reckon it's warmer than the UK actually.

Comment

No, actually it's 14, partly cloudy like it is here.

Comment

Was in St Petersburg in August and it was 31 degrees, thought I would die of heat! Came home to the UK and it was a crazy 8 degrees??? Typical British summer.

Comment

Winelover,
                    What was it like way back 8 years ago (here) before, RJ wrote her book?
                    Back in 1997?

I remember it being diff in 05.
                    it's definately all good...:l

I can't believe I'm up @ this hr! Geez Louise!
                    Had an awsesome paddle w/Bungee dog tonite on the river. Just @ sunset,...and then, a while after,..... watching the moon come up. The water was like glass, not a breath of wind, just a frisky beaver splashing & marking his turf (very loudly!) Kinda "un-worldly" & mystical"...in fact I saw something , I can't explain.
                    Just a very spiritual moment, beyond ,...well, ya know...
                    Hope all are well.
                    Huge Hugs,
                    Judie
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

In 1997 I decided I would drink vodka no more. Why in 2005 I decided to pick it up again I'll never know. Well actually I do, there were many factors...

Comment

Morning Everyone,
                        Jeez! I haven't been here since Friday, and there was loads of catching up to do!
                        Well, the weekend didn't go as well as planned. Although I did drink Friday-Sun., I didn't drink any hard alcohol, a promise I made myself awhile back. That is absolute evil juice, even in the stuff that costs over $1,000! I don't want to talk about the details as I'm not very happy with myself. Although that's the case, I have to say, it's an improvement from a year ago. I'll explain that part. I didn't have any hard liquor. That usually makes me sloppy. We were invited to a neighbor's house for a 4th of July party. I was actually excited to go and have beer. Last year, I would have needed to sip on stuff before leaving the house, gone to the party, and had to leave early. Wasn't the case as I stuck to beer and watched fireworks. So improvements in my world, but not to the point of where I want to be.
                        The first thing was cutting back the hard alcohol, next was cutting back the frequency of drinking sessions, now the third is cutting back the amount. Whoever said, it's easy to have one or 20 is right.

Sun, I hope your sis is doing better. Good thing you were with her. I aspire to be a modder like you!

Peri - You've been having some rough times, although you've given such valuable advice during this time. I liked "What I do right now is what is important." I woke up last night several times, tossing and turning, thinking of things that I don't like about myself, my life, resentments. All sh** I can't change. It's so hard to be in the present moment, to let things go. It's easy to say, but so hard to do. I don't know if I have the tools to be able to do that. I think that should be the topic of therapy next time I go.
                        I also think I should eat more asian food! Maybe that will curb my AL intake! Oh, tequila! Cancun, Mexico - May, 1987. Never again. I wish all alcohol had that effect on me.

Eve - Did you read the "Law of attraction?"

Vlad - what is Terry's nails? Yes, the best thing I've done as far as improvements in my drinking is eliminated the vodka. This tends to be the juice that makes me extremely sloppy.

Hi Deebee! "Dirty Weekend" sounds like lots of fun! Sorry to hear about the rental car. That sucks. My sister and I are out for our first golf lesson tomorrow night. We've been practicing driving balls at the golf range. Wish me luck!

Moo - I've got extreme high anxiety, and it's chronic. I've ordered supps on line called Serydyn. I've tried many, many things, and this seems to help me greatly. I used it when I was taking classes. I highly recommend it. I hope you feel better!

Congrats on 6 days Winelover!

Hi Tip, Saint Jude, Lila, and all modders. Have a super day.
                        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hey J-vo, good to see you!

Comment

Hi Vlad!
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi Vlad
                              Now 'tis a balmy -18 degrees here in Brisiberia.
                              Only lasts 6 weeks or so. By October I'll be in shorts and cursing the heat.
                              I'm normally not on this chat because I'm an AF not a Mod
                              Long Road
                              Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Yeah, thought I saw you on the Army Thread earlier!

Comment

Working...
                                X