X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad - July Thread!!!

8 Days AF.

Hi Everybody,

Delighted to report I'm still AF. I cannot believe how good I feel, especially in the morning. Thanks for all of you for welcoming me and giving me encouragment, it means so much to realise you are not the only one this demon has affected.

Peri - Yes I will try something more interesting to drink next time, thanks for tip.
    Judie - It was actually 2007 I joined, got the book and Kudzu, read the book at the time, finished it with great intentions, but only putting all of this into practice now, so sorry I did not try before now, but as we all know, the time has to be right, I guess I had progressed badly since 2007 and just knew I had to do something before I did something really foolish, family have moved on now, hubby deceased in last four years, so it is very easy to open a bottle and finish it and maybe open another and half finish it, and then almost fall up or down the stairs - an accident waiting to happen while my poor bewildered dog looks on :upset:
    I know without MWO this would not have happened, thank you one and all.
    Keep up the good work everybody.
    ------------------------------
    one hour at a time

Comment

Morning Modders,

Well, I was glued to the TV last night watching MJ's memorial -- it's not like me to stay up that late but I just couldn't turn it off. My heart nearly broke listening to his daughter speak... she was too precious.

Sunny skies here.
      I am off to work and then have a hundred errands to run before I leave for CT tomorrow so I'll make this quick and be on my merry way.

Wine Lover, I am so pleased you came back.... we're here for you.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hey, Deebs

So the dirty weekend is looming. What do you have planned? Nuge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more... :-)
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Welcome back WL - sounds like your doing great.

Vlad has a nasty inflammation now on her left eye, it flared up around this time last year as well. It's not conjunctivitis or anything like that. Think it's ringworm :yuk: Sounds misleading but it's caused by a fungus.

Vlad is going mouldy. :upset:
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

And there isn't a 'mouldy' mood.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

tiptronic_ct;658260 wrote: Hey, Deebs

So the dirty weekend is looming. What do you have planned? Nuge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more... :-)
              I can't tell you how excited I am!!
              I know it's supposed to be a work trip but from tomorrow night it'll be holiday time....

We are going to watch the rugger on Sat and other than that no definite plans
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hope you have a great time Deebs!

Comment

Thanks Vladster -- hope the mould clears up by the time I get back:-)

(loving the new avatar BTW)

Comment

It's a knitted mouldy cupcake.

Comment

Ahhh, look at its sad face.

Comment

Good morning everyone! Not feeling as mouldy today - a good dose of Daktakort seems to have helped.

Comment

Hi all,
                          I'm back in town, had a lovely time with delicious food in a beautiful setting. Two glasses of wine per day for our four days was not too much, but I'm ready for more AF time. I just don't want that fuzzy feeling most days any more. I have things to do, several activities at specific times on today's schedule.

J-vo, all progress counts, never forget that. Learning to drink moderately is truly a learning process, and much more difficult than going AF.

That vodka is a great illusionist. Because it mixes with lots of beverages and has less of a taste, it makes us believe that people don't know we're drinking. Yeah, right. Pure evil juice, as you say.

Deebs, have fun on your weekend!

Vlad, I havent figured out the mouldy theme. Another variation on down in the dumps? Sounds like you are pulling out of it.

Take care, Wine Lover, Triptonic and all.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Morning Friends,

Well, sis and I had our very first golf lesson. The guy that gave us the lesson was very informative, but not too much as to confuse us. I got a lot out of it and felt good afterwards. This is the first new thing I've learned in so very long! Did I mention the clubs I bought? Well, since I've never golfed and wasn't sure if this would be a thing I could even do, I went out to Dick's Sporting Goods store to look at clubs. First of all, I'm only 5'1" (almost 5'2"!!!) and I'm left-handed. The guy said it's very hard to find petite left-handed women's clubs. I was even on e-bay and craig's list trying to locate a set, but was unsuccessful. So instead of buying women's clubs, I bought a left-handed boy's set meant for boys ages 9-13. I know boys that are 12 and 13 years old are as tall as I am, so I figured they would be a good length. They were much cheaper and perfect for learning the game! My instructor said they were perfect.

My husband and I are going out for our anniversary dinner tonight. I hope to go somewhere classy! I want to get a little dressed up and feel good about myself. This doesn't happen often, especially during my son's baseball season!

WLover, Congrats on being AF! You will receive the support you need here. What are your plans? Are you doing a stretch of AF then attempt at mods? Whatever you do, it takes work!

Deebee, MJ's memorial was very moving, wasn't it. I cried throug most of it. I grew up watching him and his brothers when I was young. I remember on Sat. mornings watching the animated show they had of the Jackson 5. I loved him and still can't believe he's gone. I saw the clip of his daughter several times and every time, I cried. Have a very dirty CT time!

Hi Vlad! Hope your mouldy eye is feeling a bit better. My hubby just got finished taking eye drops for a sty in his eye. Did you get a prescription for this?

Hi Sunbeam! Yes, all progress counts. I believe that this is the very first summer that I've been feeling great and have not had any lengthy benders, not one sloppy drinking session, and just an overall better feeling for life. I've got a long way to go, but I'm willing to put in the hard work. I'm glad you had a great vacation.

Well, have a great day! It's a beautiful day here and I've got to get my butt moving! Take care all.
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

I have a mouldy eye = Mouldy Theme.

J-vo - Crazy golf is my limit.

Comment

Hi Modsters

Been unable to visit or post over past few weeks due to builders, modding a bit more iffy!! Back now though and good to read what all of you have been up to.

Bx

Comment

Working...
                                X