Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad - July Thread!!!

Hi All,

Now on to day 11 AF, it feels great, again thanks for all your support.

Vlad - love the mouldy eye cup cake - glad you are feeling less mouldy.

J-vo - yes I'm trying to go AF for about 30 days, then will try to moderate, but I am not holding my breath, as soon as the wine touches my lips I want more and more, drink too fast trying to get a buzz, it never comes, just get sleepy fall asleep and never remember the end of the evening and as for the next morning... well I guess I don't have to explain :upset: I think I handle having nothing at all better, but time will tell. Hope you had a wonderful evening.

Well good luck to ALL MODDERS this weekend, keep in touch, and keep the support going, it helps greatly a big :thanks:
    ------------------------------
    one hour at a time

Comment

Even less mouldy today so that's good!
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

i'm back!

Hey Modders

I havent posted this week as firstly I have been really really busy with work....which is good and secondly, i scared myself witless with the internet and looking up symptoms on sunday and was done with it for a while. I just needed a break. I have decided one can over think this and I have been doing that. Things are really not that bad in my AL world and are improving month on month.

I know I was over taken by PMT (its crao ladies it really is) normally I am so rational, not then! Still on the upside, I just dont want to drink now. Thats a bloody result. I have been AF all week as normal and with the weekend approaching I am just happy to have an easy weekend....its as simple and as easy as that. I am away the following weekend for my best friends hen night and rather than looking at it as an excuse to drink, I have been actively working out how I can avoid as much as possible....crickey....I SHOULD SCARE MYSELF SHITLESS more often!!!!LOL

I am so happy in this moment I cant tell you. I feel like something has shifted. I mean really shifted. I have been so good to my body this week and dont want the weekend to ruin that....I just wanna keep on going

lots of love to you all

Moo
        "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
        but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

J-Vo, Yes did read "The Law of Attraction". Hubby and I love all of those kinds of books.

Vlad- Did you give up vodka again? I know that one is your weakness (like white wine for me...it's much easier to mod on red). Saw your post of how you gave it up and then restarted and can't remember where you are with that now.

Don't ever want to sound too haughty that we're on vacation yet again - just keep in mind that it's 115 and hotter in the summer where we live so hubby and I get away to cooler weather as often as possible in the summer. The downfall ofcourse is it's so much easier to drink on vacation.

I'm a facebook fan and just noticed my neice who lives 2,000 miles away from me is vacationing 45 min away!! So, ofcourse we are going to get together tonight and of course it's so easy for there to be a glass of wine or two. Reconnected for dinner with a friend last night, etc. It easily gets to be the daily drinking. The only consolation is that it's only 1-3 and not like in the old days of 4 or more. But still my goal is to have more AF time when on vacation and I just haven't pulled that off yet. Still working on that one.

I cannot get this particular thread to alert me that there are new messages whereas ever other thread I post on automatically does that. And this is the most important thread to me. Does anyone know how to tell me what to do to make that happen?

Take care all. Always hard to post when we're away as we only have 1 laptop and everyone fights for it. Hard to even lurk and with the messages not coming to my blackberry from this thread I can't keep up with everyone but know that my thoughts are with you all. Welcome to the couple of newbies who posted. Keep coming back.

Hugs to all,
          Eve11
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Mod Squad,
            The arraingment is on Monday. The closer it gets, the more nervous I get. I have not done well this week as a result. I was advised to not even go on Monday as there will likely not be anything to "see". Unlike we see on TV, it will probably all be done behind the scenes and he may not even be called in front of the judge. I'm just letting you know so it can be "out there", I need the support.
            Thanks,
            periwinkle
            Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Peri, we are all here for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers on Monday.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

oh, Peri - Monday?
                I will be thinking of you.
                It is hard - like when will life be normal? I know that feeling.
                Maybe we can all just send you good, strengthening vibes.
                Modders, so good to read all these posts and hear what everyone has been doing, and thinking.

Comment

Starting all over again

Hi All,
                  Sadly I am now back to square one. Had lunch with a friend yesterday, decided to have one glass of wine (I was trying 30 days AF had reached day 11 ) I was the one inclined to want a second, friend declined, but sadly when I came home the only thing in the house was Canadian Whiskey and guess what, I had several glasses throughout the evening, how weak is that ? I do realise I need to Ab not Mod, but it will not stop me starting today and trying for another 11 days or so, wish me luck.

Good luck to all and congrats to those who remain AF, hope I will get there someday
                  one hour at a time

Comment

Winelover...

You will get there someday. We ALL have these moments and times and there are many of them. You have the correct attitude of starting on another AF stint. GOOD LUCK and sending positive thoughts your way...
                    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                    but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Moo - Big :thanks: for your support will take one hour/day at a time
                      one hour at a time

Comment

I'm back.
                        Off to unpack the bags and shower.
                        Will catch up with all you lovely peeps when I have a cuppa coffee in hand.

Peri, I'm sending loads of positive thoughts to you today:-)
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Glad to see you back Deebs! Work on my new conservatory starts this week. Can't wait.
                          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Sending you Strength, Peri!

Comment

wine lover;661608 wrote: ... had reached day 11 AF) I was the one inclined to want a second, friend declined, but sadly when I came home the only thing in the house was Canadian Whiskey and guess what, I had several glasses throughout the evening...
                              WL, Even in my modding world of trying to really "watch" it, I have been in situations where others aren't drinking and I still order my one glass or others quit at one and I order my second so you are not alone if that's any consolation. One would think without the temptation of others drinking it would be so much easier for us not to but not always the case. Just pick yourself up and get on the track again as you said you were going to.

I still have an internal debate WL of whether I can truly mod or not. I haven't been going over limits but on vacation definitely drink daily and I'm not pleased with that so we all have our struggles and our concerns of whether modding can work in our particular lives. Just keep coming here for support and read other boards as well...lots of good info here from people modding and going the AF route.

Peri,
                              My thoughts and prayers are with you as well. Know that we're all thinking of you and sending you positive energy.

Hello to all of my Mod Squad friends and lurkers. We're back home for 3 days to take care of things and then back to CA for 5 days. Was 120 as we were driving back into town...arggh!! Don't know how my animals do it but somehow they survive this heat while we sweat and complain.

Have a good week everyone!
                              Eve11
                              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Eve for words of encouragement thats just what I need. Unfortunately I continued to drink moderately for the weekend, but definitely started with great intentions yesterday so I am now back to one day AF, but will certainly give it my best shot. Have a great trip and good luck with your plan not to drink every day, I really wish you luck and positive thoughts all the way :thanks:
                                one hour at a time

Comment

Working...
                                X