Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad August Thread!

About your previous post of course not your 'granny' post! :H
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Oh, right! You had me thinking that you thought I was a granny!
      I was thinking "but we're the same age"!!
      All very funny for a Monday.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Spent most of my morning trying to find pictures of scary cucumbers for Oney.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Hello everyone and 'hamster gran' LOL
          Just popping in to say another AF weekend just over. Been thinking I may give modding a try at the end next week for 6 weeks and then do another 30 AF assuming it is going ok and back to AF sooner if it isnt. Any thoughts?
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Good Morning All,

I'm in the ODAT thread, so this can be my week and month-at-a-time thread. Thank you all for welcome and support and my best wishes that we all achieve our various goals. Mine is again at least three, maybe even four AF days, and finish the month with 7 or under a week.

On the subject of chai - I have to differ - it is actually Hindi (language of North India) and yes, it means tea. If you particularly want the spicy variety you ask for "chai masala." But whatever you want to call it, it is good and surely good for you (although in India they make it with TONS of sugar, DeeBee!)

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Sorry - I somehow missed the last four posts (didn't turn the page). Just to KTAB: I would think that it is entirely up to you when to mod, and how to do it too. It also seems to me that modding covers everything from drinking everyday, but in a controlled manner, to having a drink twice a year and going AF for 366. Why not?

I should say congrats to GDB (Granny DeeBee) on the multiple birth. ;-)

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

My goodness...how did so much happen in two days??? Modders you are all so busy and positive and wonderful as always... I have scan read all FOUR pages of posts, sadly not time to respond to all now....next time I promise.

Its a wettish day here in UK. I had an AF weekend as planned which incorporated a dinner party for my mum birthday at my home. Considering that we fell out in the most almighty way last week it went pretty well. I cooked and obviously didnt drink. Everyone else had a drink or two,, but not much. I wasnt bothered. So, good start to the AF August, its always nice to get a weekend done as the week days come easily to me on the whole now. Also I have put life back into serious order, I am eating really well and cooking properly and doing lots of exercise....VERY MOTIVATED.

LOVE to all.....Moo
                "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Moo - I find if other people are drinking moderately around me being AF doesn't bother me one bit.

And

Chai IS Russian for tea too :yuk: :H It is spelt in the cyrillic alphabet as чай - and drunk hot with a slice of lemon and no milk. Is nice.

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

vlad;681930 wrote:

Chai IS Russian for tea too :yuk: :H It is spelt in the cyrillic alphabet as чай - and drunk hot with a slice of lemon and no milk. Is nice.
                    How fascinating -I wonder then if an original version of the word was Mongolian or something and travelled in both directions. I'm not sure how long Indians have been drinking tea, but I do know that Hindi is less than 500 years old (although based on older languages). Thanks Vlad - something to ponder..
                    :question2:

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Okay - found the answer - duh - the word is of course, Chinese:

725 AD
                      • The Chinese give tea give its own character ch’a.

This is relevant - we should drink ch'a rather than.... But I'm really just procrastinating my house cleaning.

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

I like green tea with lemon. Another good one is milk thistle tea with lemon and limeflower.

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

KTAB;681844 wrote: Hello everyone and 'hamster gran' LOL
                          Just popping in to say another AF weekend just over. Been thinking I may give modding a try at the end next week for 6 weeks and then do another 30 AF assuming it is going ok and back to AF sooner if it isnt. Any thoughts?
                          Well, when you say you are going to mod for 6 weeks -- what is your plan?
                          I think planning and aiming for plenty of AF time is always healthy for us

P.S. You need a shave:H
                          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Moo, that is fantastic that you managed to keep your cool and remain AF for your Mum's birthday - respect!!

DG and Vladster, i have a sneaky suspicion that my Chai tea is nothing like the original. Mine is from 5 Roses and the box says "it's and exotic blend of cinnamon, cardamon, star anise and cloves. I also bought one which is Grapefruit and Lavender -- great for bedtime.

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Thanks Deebee but I thought the big grey beard would make me more attractive to the granny brigade

Re the modding, my plan is for no more than two nights a week (I was a 7 days a week drinker) and no more than 2/3 drinks (again never stopped at 3) I will use the drink tracker.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Hi Dee, Moo and Vlad - weekend went ok, still had a few more than I intended last night. However, today is the start of another week and I will try to do 30 days AF just like Dee.

Good luck to all modders and let's hope we all get off to a good start for August LOL.
                                ------------------------------
                                one hour at a time

Comment

Working...
                                X