Mod Squad August Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad August Thread!

Thats brilliant WINELOVER....are you on board for an AF august then...I am planning to go until 29th (only because I have a holiday starting that day), I know DEEBS is going right through and I think there may be others...I hope so......

Thanks DEEBS - it was not easy at moments, especially when she told me her lamb (still in the oven) was not done enough (it was, even though I am not a meat eater now I know how it ought to look!) and I had the rest of the meal timed for seven, we had to wait until 7.15 for her bloody meat. I stayed calm and reached only for the SCLOER (sp)!.

VLAD - its a good feeling isnt it....like you have cracked it.

Love to all....Moo
    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
    but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

OMG! The action on this board is exciting! It took me all morning just to catch up.

Last week into the weekend was good. My family and I had lots of quality time together. We drank, but not to a sloppy point, which is always a good thing. We had a bonfire one night, played baggo (fun game!) went golfing (par 3) family reunion, and overall it was lots of fun. Everyone seemed to be in good spirits.

Moo - whatever the problems you had, the stress, you handled them like a champ! Good for you. Yes, you ate a little more, didn't exercise as much, but damn, it coulda been a whole lot worse. I'm glad everything is going better for you. I'm doing the pact with you and whomever else wants to join until this coming Sunday. I've also not walked since Tuesday of last week with all the company and activities, so I'm back on the track today.

Deebs - I'd like to know more about Bac. medication. Did you decide to go on it? Will you get it from your primary doctor or online? Do you take the L-Glut for sugar cravings? I've been taking that three times daily along with other supps. Oh! Happy Anniversary!

Dancing Girl - Welcome and Great ideas! But I don't think we can ever relax or become complacent as we can slip into a big mess so easily.

Welcome KTAB. 82 days is an impressive amount. If you attempt mods, check out the tool box. There are plents of ideas and tools to place in your box for reference and reminders.

Hi Winelover, Ask, Eve, and Amy, Vlad, and All Modders and other friends. Hope everyone has a great Monday!
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Glad you had a good weekend J-vo.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Back on track

DancingGirl;680968 wrote: As long as you're not holding up a shampoo bottle like Kate Winslet :H
          LOL!!! I find that very funny :H

Vlad-Ditto everything you said to everyone.

DeeBEE-Congrats on the pinkies!! How exciting for you and your family.

Gang,
          I got more serious and met my weekly goals this week. I was becoming too complacent and I am back on track again. No more than 7 a week for me so when BIL came over with some high powered AL in a bottle drink for dinner yesterday I chose O'Douls as I was serious about no more than 7 so drinking on Sunday wasn't going to work! I am adamant about working this program with mod goals in mind and not allowing myself to slip up so much. I had a horrible July and am looking forward to a much better August.

Take care everyone and will be in touch. Won't have access to the internet for the next 5 days as easily as when at home so I may be lurking more than posting.

KTAB-Make good mod plans if you do decide to mod. Read our good tips here, pact with us, do what you can to make it work. Good luck!
          :l
          Eve11
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

J-VO

So pleased you had a good reunion...sounds like a great weekend. Yep we are on for the pact...I am delighted to have you with me for week one. We'll get through til sunday.....love Moo

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Take a picture Deebs!!!

These are just some I found on the internet.

Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

VLAD - How cute are they...YAY DEEBS Do take a picture if you can....

Hope everyone is having a good tuesday. The week is progressing well for me. Yesterday morning and this morning I got up and did 30 minutes of Yoga before work. Its really good for setting you up for the day I think. I wont be able to do it tomorrow as I have to leave the house by 6.45 in the morning. Sheesh!!!! So its and early night for Moo!

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Oh they are much Fugly-ier than that!! (is Fugly-ier even a word? LOL)

Off to take a pic -- I'll be back!
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

I took the pic with my phone so the quality isin't the best but you can see Sam (the proud father) on the left and Abbey (the exhaused Mum) on the right. And then theres just a bit of the baby's sticking out.
                    They were busy feeding when I took the photo and weren't too impressed that my flash went off. Attached files [img]/converted_files/987695=5120-attachment.jpg[/img]
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

SSSOOOOO CUTE!

Ahhhhh bless them....x

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Morning all,
                          Well, it's Tuesday morning, and yesterday was extremely productive. It feels so good to be that way! My parents just left yesterday morning, and I love them and all, but it's good to get back to some normalcy if you know what I mean. I walked the track yesterday, drove golf balls with my sister, and got some school stuff in order. Yippy! Today have to take the dog to get his nails cut, bathe him, and do other things to get ready for vacation which is next week. Tomorrow I'm meeting my girlfriend at school so we can do some preplanning. We teach about the Holocaust the first 9 weeks and there's lots of preparation to do.

Eve, enjoy your vacation!

Moo, I'm on track and I see that you're doing well. How long have you done yoga? Do you see a big difference in yourself physically and mentally?

Vlad - sounds as though your conservatory is just beautiful. Did you get the furniture in it yet?

Deebs - cute little guys! You're a grandma!

All modders, have a happy day.
                          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Yep, the wicker seating is in, dining table and chairs come on the 17th.

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Its been a good day at work and now I am off to the gym!

I am well on track J-VO and delighted to hear you are too. You sound really positive and busy, which is the key to success I think. No shortage of being busy here at the moment!

love to all

Comment

Mod Squad August Thread!

Hey everybody,
                                Wow, look at all those posts. Deebs, thanks for posting that invite for new members.

J-vo, I just filled in my Drink Tracker for the rest of the week, I am with you. Glad to know you are on track. I too love that satisfaction of accomplishments.

Moo, glad you are emotionally on track. I have a sister who is mentally ill, and it can be a trial at times. A different kind of struggle than you have with your mom, but difficult at times all the same.

Vlad, we are hoping for interior pics of the conservatory when it is all put together. You are a lucky duck!

KTAB, Dancing Girl and Wine Lover, I will bump up my story unter Tell Us Your Story in case you are interested. I called it My Own Path. I think it is important to keep successful stories out there, especially when one keeps alcohol in the picture.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X