My Moderate Meanderings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Moderate Meanderings!

I don't know if it works this way for everyone, or all the time, but when I stopped drinking for a year, I actually lost weight. Even my face looked thinner. People would ask me if was trying to loose the weight (I'm basically thin anyway). I noticed the same thing with someone else after I saw them 3-6 months into their sobriety.

Bill

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Day 11

Well Day 11 here and I seem to be going okay!
      No cravings..except for diet coke and coffee! But still drinking green teas and sipping water and lemon in between.
      Wednesdays are usually bad for me after a full day at work,I usually look forward to an alcoholic drink, but not tonight..just wanted the diet coke!
      Happy and content...feeling good!

mebill-maybe if a wait awhile the weight might shift a bit, guess it's only been 11 days!
      Oh well, atleast I am being healthier now..that is the best thing of all and enjoying life!
      Chicken

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Congrats Chicken! Hang in there. Day 10 here and still doing well also.

Bill

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Wow! I've actually lost rack to where I am!
          Feeling good, stayiing AF! Heading toward the 2 week mark..yeehhhaaaaa!
          Really feel reluctant to drink..don't want to stuff up the good thing that is happening to me now! So am feeling not just strong, but an inner resolve that seems to be stronger than the lurking demon.
          When I do have the occasional thought of AL... the angel on my other shoulder just scowls at him and says..."yeah,right!!! back in your hole boyo!!!"
          mebill- how you doing? Where you at now? Hope all is good with you!
          Chook

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

dAY 14:HALF WAY!

Half way as of today!!! Am utterly suprised at myself. Once I made the decision in my mind to go AF for 30 it was like I suddenly had a direction and could knuckle down and get to it! I think before this I wasn't really sure what I was doing..so I went off track!
            Now the road is paved and straight for another 15 days!!!!It is actually a reasurring feeling.
            At the end.. then I re-evaluate..see how I feel and what I want to do..but have not felt so healthy in a long time!

Funny thing, hubby has been having a few AF days due to his gout flaring up,but he keeps saying...'I could really go a beer"....I smile and tell him he can when his leg is better, but I can see the cravings in him...and am SO glad its not me! Amazingly the thought pops up now and then, not even every day now, but it is not a physical thing,just a mental thought!
            Even the other night, hubby allowed himself a Lemon Lime & Bitters and offered me one..did not hesitate to say NO!! SO proud of myself these days and full of hope!

So onward for the next 15 days..........
            Chicken (the utterly determined)

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Great going Chcik!!! :~)

I am so happy for you! Being clean and sober, after having long periods of alcohol abuse really is refreshing, isn't it? I am getting so many things done, that I was unable, or unwilling to do. I am at 14 days today :~). I do have a confession though. I have decided to stop all alcohol use, "period". I sure hope it sticks this time (I went one year before, then started back). I think the difference is, last time, I did not want to stop drinking, I just felt that I needed to. I promised myself last time that I would stop for one year and then rethink it. This time, no time limit, no rethinking, etc. Hang in there and enjoy your sobriety! Alcohol abuse has ruined many lives. I do know that!

Happy Labor Day,
              Bill

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Hi Mebill!
                Thanks for the input....and congrats on 14 days! We both seem to be on a roll..touch wood!
                To be honest..I am thinking that the 30days will quite possibly stretch into at least 60 or maybe more..cause I really don't want to upset the apple-cart!
                But if not then I am thinking that I shall probably do as Tranq does over in the Newbies nest and be 99% AF, with the occasional drink for social events..but limited to a certain amount..ie a max of three in an evening/event!! But I am not even going to lock that in as a decision yet,cause I don't want to think about it too much yet..just go with the AF flow for now!
                I guess they are right with the research though when they say that the memory triggers of AL can still kick in years later..even after long term AF!
                Right there with you mebill!
                Chicken

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Going great..no cravings...still drinking heaps of fluids and being healthier in general..although I did not do my exercises today-urgh! But just felt like a slack day! So not beating myself up over it!
                  Happy with progress.
                  Chicken

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Great going Chick! The Labor Day holiday came and went smoothly for me. It did cross my mind that had I kept up with my sobriety, yesterday would have been my 4th anniversary of being sober. Instead, I was just so happy to have 15 days. :goodjob: In my case, I think I was just not ready before. I feel that I am ready now. Hang in there!

Bill

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Grumpy Chook here!

Having a bit of a downer today...but will get over it!
                      Busy day ahead so will just get on and get moving and build a bridge. Still AF, cravings are zip which is great...just crave diet coke nowadays!

Hey mebill-how are things going if your still checking in? Hope all is well with you?

Well that's it for now..the mood is not conducive to chattiness today!
                      Chicken

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

I am nearing the end of Week 3 AF and can't say that I've had a craving for it. Drove passed a bottleshop today and the thought was.."wow how much money am I saving not going in there once a week or so....?" felt happy and content. The hormonal fluctuations are not great right ow, so my mood is all over the place..but otherwise okay!
                        Will begin to consider options for my next treat...hmmmm???????

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Congrats Chicken!:goodjob:

I am doing well also. Very happy for both of us!

Bill

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Well the treat for achieving Week 3 AF was to go out for lunch with the girls yesterday..I had a lovely time, great conversation, beautiful meal and no AL...really enjoyed myself and am feeling very 'inspired' lately to get things done and do all the things that I have always just thought about but not had the energy or drive to do!!!!
                            Happy with me!
                            mebill happy for you too!!!

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

Life is good! "again" I'm happy for us both Chicken.

Bill

Comment

My Moderate Meanderings!

I now wonder what it was I thought was so wonderful about being drunk all the time?
                                Funny how just a few weeks on 'the other side' can make you feel like a new person,or even the old person who you used to remember and have some affection for!
                                There is definately some kind of internal/mental 'switch' which has to be found though, like the proverbial lightbulb turning on..........ahhh now I see where I'm going wrong.......!
                                Thanks mebill! Isn't life grand?

Comment

Working...
                                X