Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad September Thread

Hi Modders

Start of another week (although I think those in the US have a holiday today??). Kids back at school, husband away with work so loads to do.

Luv to all
    Bx

Comment

DancingGirl, can you or anyone else share some examples of "what can you eat or drink that doesn't enhance the wine"? Nothing is coming to mind.

P.S. I like the stop sign idea.

Comment

Love the stop sign idea! I'm going to try brushing my teeth after 2 as well - that usually makes wine taste pretty yucky.

Comment

Hi Maisie,

Actually, what Louise just said is one of them. Toothpaste. But also, chocolate mints, or any kind of mint, peppermint, spearmint, hard candy. Actually, I haven't tried it, but the kind of hard candy you suck for twenty minutes. I can't imagine going back to the sauvingon blanc after that! I also find lemon water good, either fizzy water already with lemon, or actual lemon squeezed in it.

So basically, citrus stuff or sweet stuff.

But the toothbrushing is probably best - stops one from eating more too!! Then I go for a walk, or start cleaning the bathroom or something. Gets me out of the kitchen, away from the fridge, where the wine sittith still...

Addendum - it sounds like a lemon candy would do the trick! Aren't there some kinds of super sour lemon drops? I'm puckering up just thinking of it. Think of them as medicine you take after wine!

Comment

Hey all,
            I do the tooth-brushing thing, too. Works great. Or minty gum, if we're out somewhere.

I'm starting a 30 day AF stretch today. Drank about 5 glasses of wine last night...I know, it was a little like the big binge before starting a diet. But I think if I'd only had one or two, I might me more likely to rationalize that I should/could just keep moderating. Oh dear, I think I'm rationalizing my rationalizing.

Anyway, I didn't even feel like drinking today. I've been tired and a little groggy and thirsty. I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow after not drinking tonight. Yes, we had a holiday here in the US. Labor day. Tomorrow is the last day of school summer vacation, and I'm going to try to make the most of it with the kids. I'm also going to take all those supps, eat healthy food, drink lots of water, and see tomorrow as a fresh start. I'm ready for it.

Best to all.
            Sara
            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Hi Mods I had a pretty good weekend. I spent all yesterday afternoon with the grandkids making grape jelly, jalapeno jelly and pickled watermelon rind. They really enjoy doing these things with me, and I enjoy it too. The 3 year old is not very interested yet but the 6 and 9 year old really love doing it.

Sara good luck to you on your 30 days, it sounds like you have a good plan. Please PM me or any of us here if you need some extra support.

I drank three nights in a row over the weekend but was moderate with it, now I'm going on an AF stretch myself for a while. I surely do enjoy the money I save by not drinking every day. My new substitute drink is crystal light lemonade and perrier water over crushed ice. Nice!

I hope everyone has a successful week. Where is DeeBee these days?
              vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Hi Everybody,
                I'm also missing Deebs, she is usually such a good mom to us all.

My news is that we are looking at a new dog, a rescue dog found through Petfinder.
                We need to fill out an application and all, but I hope our chances are good. We have the means and experience to own another dog, and they have a dog needing a home.

Beth, I don't make jellies, but there is such a satisfying feeling seeing that row of jars of tomatoes all lined up.
                None of us have the willpower to stop drinking when we should: that's why we are here, getting the support and tools we need, including your good idea of the stop sign.

Sara, let me know if there is anything I can do to support you in your 30 days.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Squad

Just been trying to catch up on all the news after my long weekend away. I have read all the posts and now dont have a lot of time left to post this time!! Lol. Suffice to say, I had a great weekend at the wedding. Moderated really well indeed. Have put it all on drink tracker, the two days of the actual wedding look worse than they were on account of the fact the AL was comsumed ovet the day. I enjoyed my drinks, but stopped easily without wanting to head for drunkeness. Really pleased. Have been AF since sunday and will be until saturday when we have friends coming to stay for a week. September was always going to be a month where AL would be more prevelent as lots going on!

Someone and I cant recall who without going all back through said they would be up for AF october... I think that is a realistic possibility for me if you still want to do it.

Love to all modders and lurkers, Moo
                  "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                  but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Hiya Gals and KT!!
                    We had a hectic storm last week and my line has been down ever since -- the efficiency of our telephone company (Telkom) leaves alot to be desired. Saying that, I nearly hugged the chap when he arrived yesterday to fix my line LOL!!
                    I have promised myself just a quick check in to say HI to you all as I have loads of e-mails etc to catch up on so I'll catch up on the news a bit later.

I did see a post from CF!! WELCOME BACK!!

Happy Hump day -- lets make today count.
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hey gang,
                      Can't wait to find time to post!! But...not tonight. Lurking and reading and thinking of you all. Will be back soon!! Lot's to discuss.
                      Hugs,
                      Eve11
                      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Deebee great to see you back, we were starting to get worried about you. It is only when I ocasionally lose my internet service that I realise how much we use it and really feel lost without it.
                        Hello everyone I am still behaving myself and trying to learn new lessons and behavour patterns in relation to AL. This is going to be harder than being AF, no doubt. Good luck to one and all.
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi KT!
                          I was just lurking on the Army thread and wanted to ask, how you are??
                          Do you need a hug today
                          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Deebs

Welcome back - that storm sounds dreadful.

Great to hear from you again.

Bx

Comment

Hi MM, Deebee thanks a lot, you are very intuitive, I am in the dumps at the moment but sure it will pass.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Of course it will oh bearded one. Tomorrow will be better, promise:-)

Hiya MM!! It feels like it's been ages since I've caught up with your news.

Comment

Working...
                                X