Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad September Thread

Hey everybody,
    We're home withour new doggie baby! She rode well in the car on the way home, and is such a sweetie. She has that puppy energy, but she is learning those commands, and wants to be a good girl. The dog rescue coordinator is also a trainer. She suggested that we simply keep the dog on a close leash in the house as well as walking. That way we are immediately aware of all she does, and can offer immediate correction for undesired behaviors. She whined for maybe a half hour when I sat down with her on the leash, then she just fell asleep. She is just a darling, and we are so happy to have a new dog in our lives.

MM, we googled for info on male vs female dogs. Males can be more aggressive, though not necessarily more dominant. Females are more emotional, more sneaky about lack of compliance.

Deebs, congrats on YOUR new babies.

Eve, glad your week in modding was successful.

Moo, you are sounding back on top of your life.

Take care, all!
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Gang,
      Our dear friend Delta Moon posted on the General Thread asking for help. For those of you who know her please offer her some encouragement over there.

Thanks.
      Eve11
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Sorry to jump in without reading everyone's news.... My Dad is being admitted back into hospital tonight and my poor Mum is trying to drive him there even though she has been throwing up all night. My Mum is due to go into hospital on Wednesday (also for her heart) so I'll have both both my parents in different hospitals trying to bounce between them.

I'll try and check back in tomorrow.

((Big hugs to Delta))
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I'm just checking in now - still doing the Drink Tracker, but no time to post at this busy beginning of the academic year.

Deebee - :l:l:l my thoughts are with you.

Comment

Deebs,

We all wish your parents well, and for you the inner strength to get through it.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

DEEBEE....thinking of you honey....always here for you in anyway we can be. My thoughts are with you are my sending love to both your parents..x x
              "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
              but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Morning Modders.
                Well my night was spent in ICU with my Pops who had another heart attack. His cardiologist is overseas so there is a temp filling in for him -- I won't bore you with all the details of trying to get my Dad moved to the same hospital as my Mum but it's not going to happen so for now I'll have to travel between two hospitals to visit the parents.
                On a positive note, my sister spoke to my brother last night for the first time in a year. There was a horrible falling out a year ago when my sister went overseas to stay with him and I had to quickly get her on a flight home. So, maybe, just maybe after not seeing my parents for going on 8 years my brother might come home. It's about time!

Thanks for all the wonderful thoughts and support -- I'm okay, could do with some extra zzz's but I'll catch up on that this long weekend.

Moo, I've been dying to ask you about the belly dancing -- have you started classes yet?

And where is KTAB?? Why is "we" can't seem to keep a man around here LOL??!!
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

DeeBee,
                  Hang in there friend. What a stressor...be careful with the drinking for stress reasons. Just keep remembering you're a successful moderator if you decide to drink.

Hugs,
                  Eve11
                  "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

DeeBee, I'm here handing back ALL the support you have given to me over the past year. Hang on to it I may need it again. :hug:
                    vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Deebers....I had no idea you were going thru so much right right now and heres me annoying you overdreams...I am so sorry hon....sending you strength honey..xx
                      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hi Modders

Seems a bit quiet on here lately??

Deebs - I keep saying 'em for you and your family, keep strong but don't forget to vent on here if you need to.

Luv to all
                        Bx

Comment

Deebs

The belly dancing is supposed to be tonight....I still might go, if not will start next week. Its been a bit emotional last few days with Mr Moo (re his mum) and I am drained. It may be just what I need, but one has to be in the mood I guess. I will let you know if I do go tonight.

How are things with you/your parents? I have been thinking of you and sending love.

To Deebs and anyone else who knows/uses L-Glut. I have never tried it, so having bought some in powder form yesterday, wanted to know how to use it. I get the impression that it is supposed to assist with cravings at the time you get them, which for me is maybe only one a week, or very occasionally anyway. That said, needing a little help at the mo. So, am I right in thinking I can just use it as and when needed rather than daily????

If so how much? with food without? any other helpful comments.

Thanks guys...love to you all.

it is quiet MM, I am trying to post more, but lifes a bit rubbish at the mo, struggling to find spare time and the will!

Love to you all

Moo

Comment

Moo, I have just a moment will try to get back later.

Many people use the L-Glut right under the tongue, if you have it in capsule form you can open it and dump the stuff underneath your tongue for fast absorption. Sometimes it takes two or three caps, or so I've heard. I don't get much effect from the stuff other than it seems to help in my liver healing regime. Good luck, stay strong!
                            vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Moo,
                              I tried the l-glut product that I purchased at WalMart, dry powder. It was pretty yucky, and I can't say it did anything for me. It definitely has helped others here.

Comment

Thank you guys...I havent tried it yet...I guess it will be an as and when thing.

DEEBS - I did go to the belly-dancing despite myself and I loved it. Loved it! I had a really good time. The girls are lovely and they seem to have a really good social life, so it will be good to get involved. Its another thing to add to the fitness regime and they do little perfomances and things, but no one takes it over seriously, so I think it will become a regular wednesay night thing. Certainly beats the gym to entertainment factor!

Pleased to report that after having a bit of a blast on friday night I have settled down happily to being AF since then. I have not missed it one bit. I am AF until Saturday night, so I will have gone a complete week, which I have not done for last 2 months. After that we shall see.

One thing I have realised is that after a period of modding, in order to go back to drinking less often, I needed to give a bit of thought and not just expect it to happen, most especially when my life is still a bit difficult with other circumstances. This week I was ready to commit to it again and gave it the necessary thought and hey presto, no problems and I am confident I will not drink until saturday night.

Love to you all Moo

Comment

Working...
                                X