Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad September Thread

Hi All

SUNBEAM - sounds like your dog is fantastic for you...I am really pleased you got her.

DEEBS - that is great news about the parents - really great - and my thoughts are with you for Wednesday with your brother too x x

KTAB - I think its always a good idea to do an appraisal of how things are going. It is something I have made a part of my personal routine since joining in February 2009.

So here goes...I am basically reasonably pleased with september. It was more of a month were I was modding rather than occasional drinking and largely I drank within realms I am happy with, but in fairness due to weddings, friends staying and stuff I drank more often than I have been previously. There was one occasion when like DANCER says I found it hard to stay within my preferred limits. But since then I have been largely back into AF, and plan like KTAB a totally AF October (I have started a thread about this if anyone is interested, just a support network for anyone wantiing to do an AF october for whatever reason). I want some guarenteed AF time like I had when I started here. It was good time and I am looking foward to it. I started a few days ago anyway and will reassess come enf of October.

FIG - that is a great story...thank you for sharing it. It is interesting what you say about work. And your fitness sounds litke its doing great...keep it up. I started a belly-dancing class last week and am going to go weekly. Its a great laugh and obviously not an experience where AL is involved.

on that note DEEBS - It seems that there are various outfits and things that the girls wear when they perform....sometmes they make them...I wont be doing that...cant sew!!! I have only been the once...going again tomorrow....will keep you posted.

Love to all MOOOOOO
    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
    but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Hello fellow modders,

KTAB, much thanks for the PM!!
      And yes, I agree that this is a good time to re-evaluate our goals and plan, especially considering Xmas is just around the corner (eeck!!).
      So, now, after saying that I will give it some thought tonight and post more on the subject tomorrow.

Fig, thanks for a fantastic post!! A huge congrats for meeting your goals!

Moo, I support you, KTAB and anyone else with the goal of an AF October 110%!! I have been lurking on your thread and am so pleased to see so many joining hands with you.
      (I wait with bated breath for the next belly dancing installment LOL)

To all our lurkers, a special hi -- you know who you are:-)

Have a great evening gals and guys.

Love D
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Modding friends, I post on here kind of like I have been drinking...occasionally. LOL.

Last Thursday I had my remaining 12 teeth pulled and two implants put in my bottom jaw. I'm still in some pain, not as severe as it was but not up to my usual perky self either. I've been on a liquid or very soft diet since last Thursday, with absolutely no AL including the three days leading up to the procedure. My top plate is very comfy but can't wear my bottom plate except for short periods of time until the stitches are removed.

Sunbeam congrats on your new doggie.

DeeBee glad to hear the folks are on the road to recovery.

Sarasmiles you are a champion! So glad to hear you are on the path you have chosen for yourself.

Hi KTAB and Moo, you two always sound so strong and stable.

Everyone else, old and new, hello and welcome. I'll try to catch up as I start to feel better. xo Beth
        vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Wow! I can't believe that it's the last day of the month. I have had spurts where the days have just rolled into one and other times when the minutes just drag.
          I have been giving a lot of thought to what I have and haven't accomplished this month and without trying to make excuses for myself really there has just been so much going on -- I have learnt that I don't have enough tools in my box to help me deal with anxiety and stress. These have been two of the biggest causes of me not meeting my goals. I am still taking the Bac which will help with the anxiety but I HAVE TO get back into yoga again.
          All this time I've been here, exercise has been my biggest bug-bear!! It's the one thing that I just haven't been successful with so that will be my goal for October.
          I do believe (and I think many of you will agree with me) that the more I exercise the less I will "want" to drink.

I hope everyone else is getting some "me" time to contemplate their game plans for October.

I am off to the airport to see my long lost brother so I'll see you all next month LOL!!

A special hi to Beth:-) I can only imagine the pain you must be in with your teeth, but just picture those beautiful pearly whites.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi all

I'm stressing about "me" time at the moment. Getting a load of grief from an old friend who just seems to think that he can totally control what I do and when I do it! Take today for instance he's called me at about 9am and said come over for lunch. I said I simply don't have time as I'm working mornings this week until 1pm and then I have a whole heap of things to do before the kids get back. But he won't take no for an answer and says do all of that later, I say I can't he says yes you can, look I'm making lunch and you're coming over to eat it!!

WTF! This is driving me insane - what do you do in a situation like this? Also he is a big drinker and I know there'll be wine with lunch which I really just don't need/want at all.

Aagh! Give me strength someone please.

Bx

Comment

Hi All

B - stick to your guns....if you dont want to go, then you mustnt go. If you give in this time, then he will expect to win everytime. Just say it once, say it nicely and then dont go. If he says I am cooking and you are coming - then tell him if he want to cook for him thats great, but you cant go - then dont go- thats it!

DEEBS - good luck with your brother - see you next month when there will be a second instalment of belly-dancing gossip!

love to all modders and lurkers...

PS modders I will be still be here for october, but as I am AF, I have started another thread about that, so if I am here a little less frequently for OCT thats why! But I will be about.
              "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
              but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Thanks Moo - all the best for Octsober!

Bx

Comment

I agree with Moo, B -- tell him NO. As modders that is a very important word, one which i must practice more.

Off to start the Oct thread....................

Comment

Working...
                  X