Avoiding temptation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoiding temptation

ZED!!! It's truly a God Thing that I dropped in on this thread. I never thought I'd get the chance to say:

You saved my life. Really. I'm not kidding. Thank you.

I kept in touch with Kid for a while after he was banned from here. I'm going to copy-and-paste this post and send it to him.

A year ago I found this site and felt right at home on the Mod Squad thread. I know it was a year because I remember getting up early posting with my morning tea. I shared as my daughter had the thrill of experiencing our President's Inauguration. Remember, she was the pretty girl who looked cold near the reflecting pool! You promised to look for her on CNN!!

I rarely come here because I have been liberated from alcohol via the Sinclair Method. I recall we share a fondness for New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and single-malt scotch.

I didn't know where to begin finding a Way Out when I first came here. But the old Mod Squad thread was always such a safe place to begin the search. I started there. I jumped around to the other threads. I found My Way Out on the Mod Squad thread because it was such a safe, comfortable place to begin the journey, and a safe place to seek refuge when things got rough.

I love you, Zed. I'll never forget you. - Lena

Comment

Avoiding temptation

Thank you Eve for the post and starting this thread. I also printed it and will put in my "staying in control book"

Comment

Avoiding temptation

Bumping this for our new "modders" and maybe it will entice Zed to come back and post a line or two as we all loved hearing his adventures and how well he painted his words with pictures for us.
        Hugs all,
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Avoiding temptation

thanks for bumping...a very nice read indeed

Comment

Avoiding temptation

I'm only seeing Zed's post now -- thanks for the bump Eve.
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Avoiding temptation

A BUMP FOR YOU!

:bump:

Bumping this thread up for NewOne and any other lurkers who are considering trying to
              moderate their drinking.

:l
              Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Avoiding temptation

Thanks Eve!

Coming back to MWO after a long break ... and lots of wine and logged onto your thread - I've lost my way recently (and some would say the plot :H) and I know I have to do something about my drinking. My secret drinking (on the days when hubbie says we're not having a drink ....) has got well out of hand - I can go through a bottle of vodka a week. He's been away for a few nights this week and it's been a bottle of wine a night ...:upset:
                So, now that I've learnt how to private browse on my laptop (:H) I've felt the need to re-visit MWO and hopefully get back some stability in my fight against AL.
                Also, hubbie has insisted and booked me in for a Well Woman full health check which I'm convinced will have bad news .....:upset:
                Your thread is just so straight forward and obvious it's like "duhh!" I especially like the picturing yourself with a caption underneath .... I'd dread what some of my family and friends would put in that caption ...
                How I always face any stressful time is thinking "if I could just wake up 6 months from now ...." and have got over the hard times I'm currently facing. That's what I'm wishing now - if only I could go to sleep, wake up and then be back on track - it's getting back on track which is always difficult for me but when I do - I'm great ... like the saying goes "when good she was very very good but when she was bad she was horrid!" And, to get back on track, I need to find a substitute for wine and when I do have wine, think ahead and say "I don't want to shout at my little girls because I'm hungover and feeling crap" - that REALLY touched a sore point!
                So, Eve, thanks a million for your post that I've stumbled upon - it will really make me think in the future :l

Comment

Avoiding temptation

Welcome back photogirl!!

We look forward to learning more about you. Ruby Tuesday is where we post our weekly goals (usually Sun-Tues) and then return a week later and share how we did.

The long term moderator monthly thread is where we post our daily struggles, successes, personal stories, etc. For May this month it's entitled MAY we moderate well! A little play on words. :-)

Come join us!

Eve11

Comment

Avoiding temptation

Just printed it. My new moderation bible. Thanks alot.
                    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Avoiding temptation

You're welcome!!

Hope it helps. Remember, we're here to support you.

Eve11

Comment

Avoiding temptation

Gidget,
                        Bumping this one up for you as you were asking for mod tips. Don't want to re-invent the wheel so sharing some tips I put on paper for myself and others.

Good luck and enjoy your trip. We were in Hanoi last year. Crazy drivers!!!! And all of those scooters.
                        Stay safe.
                        Eve11

Comment

Avoiding temptation

:bump:

Comment

Avoiding temptation

I printed this off a couple of weeks ago-that and reviewing my INSPIRATION 1-9 doodle map often--keeps me in a much better place now.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Avoiding temptation

Great tips Eve!
                              Be strong-
                              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                              Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Avoiding temptation

Thanks Eve. I think the drinking at home alone thing is definitely bad for me. Must. Be. Eliminated! How are things with you?

Comment

Working...
                                X