Survey of Success on Long Term Moderators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

. Do you find difficulty in getting the thought of drinking out of your mind?
    Never
    2. Is getting drunk more important than your next meal?
    Never
    3. Do you plan your day around when and where you can drink?
    Never
    4. Do you drink in the morning, afternoon, and evening?
    Never

5. Do you drink for the effect of alcohol without caring what the drink is?
    Never
    6. Do you drink as much as you want irrespective of what you are doing the next day?
    Never
    7. Given that many problems might be caused by alcohol, do you still drink too much?
    Never
    8. Do you know that you won't be able to stop drinking once you start?
    Never
    9. Do you try to control your drinking by giving it up completely for days or weeks at a time?
    Sometimes
    10. The morning after a heavy drinking session do you need your first drink to get yourself going?
    Never

11. The morning after a heavy drinking session do you wake up with a definite shakiness of your hands?
    Never
    12. After a heavy drinking session do you wake up and retch or vomit?
    NEVER
    13. The morning after a heavy drinking session do you go out of your way to avoid people?
    Never
    14. After a heavy drinking session do you see frightening things that later you realize were imaginary?
    Never
    15. Do you go drinking and the next day and find that you have forgotten what happened the night before?
    Never
    Scoring:
    To figure out your score, give yourself zero points for each "never" answer; one point for "sometimes," two points for "often," and three points for "nearly always." Out of a possible total of 45, the guidelines for interpretation are as follows: 1-9 is considered low dependence; 10-19, medium dependence; and 20 (or greater) high dependence.

Hi Modders & ODATERS~ Sorry that I have been MIA.... we were away and have been busy getting ready for the Holidays .. I'll check in tomorrow , DrinkTracker is going well , it keeps me honest with myself .. Hope to see you all in chat .. :l Em

DG ~ your doing great , your an inspiration to me :h
    Non Drinker 9/09
    Non Smoker 6/09
    Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Even though my score is low-dependency, I still am unhappy. I think this is a helpful survey for sure, but not reflective of whether you can learn to moderate or not (IMHO). I wretch almost every time I drink...If that was the only one I answered 'yes' to that alone would be reason for me to try to go AF....I lose all resolve after a few sips. The best laid plans get tossed by the wayside...That's what alcohol does, unfortunately. At least to 99% of us.

Comment

MauMcl,
        I am with you. Even though my score is lower on this survey I am at my best AF. I continue to work at moderation and some weeks are better than others. My wife and I are going to New Zealand and Australia for three weeks. When we return I am commited to going 30 days AF. I tried twice before to stop and made it 14 and 18 days. 30 days will give me a good look at my life AF which I have not seen in over 40 years. I will ask help from other on MWO once I start the 30 days at end of this month. Having one drink is not realistic for me, I know that.

DG you are so great! I read your posts almost everyday on long term Abstainers.

Comment

Working...
        X