Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad November 09

Rejuve,
    Glad to have you on board. We're here for you!
    Welcome hugs,
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Rejuve,
      Welcome!!! I should have directed you here from the monthly mods section, but I got absorbed in responding to other things. I am glad you found us, the people here are great.

Moo, thanks for your understanding and support on the DrinkTracker issue. Gotta cut those apron strings one at a time. If I can't stay in control of alcohol without the strings, I would just keep cutting back until it wouldn't be worth the bother of keeping alcohol in the picture.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Hi mod squad, welcome onboard Rejuve.

Hope all is well with you guys today.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

mooderator;750750 wrote: Just to say :welcome:REJUVE....I hope you will be very happy here!

The mod squad are fab for support and friendship....are you planning on doing 30 days AF first or what is your plan??

Moo
          We (hubby & I) started with Supp & CD's this week & Topa today...our plan was to start with 7 days AF ...perhaps longer....there seems to be some kind of a a concensus that 30 days is the recommendation in the book...but it says ( pg 65.) "consider starting out with a one, two or up to four-week abstinence period & setting a weekly drinking limit afterwards."
          So that was our plan... a week abstinence...see what it feels like. Then plan on no more than 3 or 4 drink 3 or 4 times a month mainly on theater nights or special occaisions.
          I am aware that we will have to be introspective & re-evaluate whether we're truly ready to mod after only a week...but I have to say having started on the Topa today...I have high hope...even with a lowly 25 mg dose...it has kicked my cravings in the "BUTT"!

Thanks for the great welcome KTAB, Sunnie, Eve & Moo! Sunnie I love your tagline....that's our plan too...become occaisional drinkers!

Rejuve

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Hi Squadsters, and Welcome Rejuve!
            Vlad, so glad to see you again!! I've been inconsistent about being here, but haven't seen you in forever. I'm glad you're still around!

I think the reason I've been off and on about coming here is that I've been torn about my goals. A little while back I had a period of feeling so sure I should stay AF, and not try to mod anymore. I got a lot of support for that decision, both here and on the AF threads. When I decided to have wine with my mom a few weeks ago, I felt like a hypocrite, and also realized my resolve wasn't as strong as I'd thought. It did feel good for a little while, just telling myself I was done with the whole business of counting and planning and cravings. But I guess I'm really not done. I can't explain it...But I know most of you will understand, since we've all shared so much about how hard it can be to mod, and yet how good it would feel to be able to do it. Seems like there's quite a bit of successful modding going on here these days, too!

I was AF for a few days, last week and over the weekend, and then had two drinks on Monday night. Nothing last night, with no cravings, and tonight I plan to be AF, but I've been craving a drink. I do think the best thing about going for long stretches AF is that the cravings go away. I may decide again that it's just easier...But if I do, I'm not sure I'll announce it to the world! It's kind of embarrassing to flip-flop.

Anyway, I'm off to make dinner, with a glass of diet tonic water in my hand. What a waste it is to keep thinking about drinking! I am going to try and really let it go for the night...Maybe ask my 10 year old to help me cook, so I'm not alone in the kitchen.

Best wishes to all.
            Sara
            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Hey Sara , your not alone girl , I'm flip-flopping too , :l I've been AF for 40 days , but not sure if I want to Mod or not... I think I have to atleast try it , or I'll never stop thinking about that glass of wine As you can tell , I'm befuddled , but until I know what I want to do I'll remain AF .. Its weird , when I quit smoking , I never looked back , I never said to myself , I'll only smoke on special occasions :H , its different with the wine , for some reason I think I can MOD , Is my AL mind playing tricks on me ?? OK , i'm rambling , "when in doubt , do without " :l Em
              Non Drinker 9/09
              Non Smoker 6/09
              Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Thank you Emmy! (My sister's name is Emily, and I always call her Em or Emmy, so it feels very cozy and familiar!) 40 days is great! Good for you!
                "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

I have a colleague who seems to think it's amusing to change my default home page in internet explorer to smirnoff.com when I'm away from my desk.
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

vlad;751092 wrote: I have a colleague who seems to think it's amusing to change my default home page in internet explorer to smirnoff.com when I'm away from my desk.
                    How does that make you feel?
                    :l
                    Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

SARA...a bit of indecision never hurt anyone! It doesnt matter what you are currently doing so long as at the time it feels right. I am glad you did get and are getting support from where you need it. We will always support you.

EMMY I think the difference with smoking is that it tends to be the case that you either are a smoker or a non- smoker, whereas it is normal for people in general to have a few drinks here and there without being "a drinker". I suppose it is your mind telling you that you are hoping to be able to do what everyone else appears to do and enjoy a couple then leave it?? Maybe you will, maybe you wont. For now, you sound as though you are doing great with 40 AF days. Whilst this feels ok, run with it and just keep thinking and posting.

VLAD - is this meant to be humourous or has it a deeper insult? Is it the Russian thing or the AL thing??? Either way hope it is not meant to be unkind to you.

HELLO to EVE, DEEBS, SUNBEAM and modders and lurkers alike
                      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

mooderator;751107 wrote:
                        VLAD - is this meant to be humourous or has it a deeper insult? Is it the Russian thing or the AL thing??? Either way hope it is not meant to be unkind to you.
                        Vlad,
                        That was my concern as well. Does this person care about you and are concerned about your drinking so they are giving you covert messages in hopes you'll take a look at that or are they being mean and spiteful because they know your weakness for vodka and are being spiteful and pranking you?

Like Moo said, I don't know how you feel about it...is it funny to you (a joke) or hurtful?

Anyway, just know we care about you and you're safe to come here and share your feelings.

Hugs, Big :l
                        Eve11

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Hello one and all ... another fine day here , I have plans to meet a friend for lunch , so I need to get hopping

Sunbeam: Thanks for your suggestion , I changed my name and FINALLY got into drinktracker , I'm Emmy S............. :h:h

Moo: I agree about the smoking , I am a non-smoker ... still wondering and hoping to be a casual drinker:l

Sara: I'm glad your back :l I'm an Emily too !!:h

I hope everyone has a safe , wonderful day , Tootles Em
                          Non Drinker 9/09
                          Non Smoker 6/09
                          Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Hey Everyone,
                            I woke up with that happy "I didn't drink last night" feeling. Made all the beds, fed the kids a good breakfast, and got them off to school on time, with no crankiness or disorganization. Yeah! Then I had a little time to make myself beautiful (:H) before going to work. One of my colleagues commented, "you look great...you don't usually wear make-up, do you?" Lately I'm on a bit of a kick, after having read the fun and only somewhat silly, "How Not to Look Old". When I make the effort to look my best, I feel more cheery and honestly less like drinking! I think there's something about "letting myself go", in sweat pants and big black sweaters and no make-up, that gets me down and doesn't help with the overall feeling of being healthy, strong; someone who takes care of herself. You know?

I'm having a good day...I wonder if the cravings will hit again tonight. I intend to be AF regardless.

Take care everyone! Let's all be beautiful, strong and healthy, Okay?
                            Sara

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

:l I'm proud of you Sara :l
                              Non Drinker 9/09
                              Non Smoker 6/09
                              Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Mod Squad November 09

Hi Everybody,
                                VLAD! Welcome back! You have been missed.

Emmy, may your new alter-ego serve you well, enabling you to control alcohol. I think Drink Tracker is a wonderful (FREE!) tool here. I think a big factor in getting control over alcohol is getting honest with yourself, and DrinkER Tracker enables you to do that. I would recommend tracking 5 oz. glasses of wine, a standard serving. I don't have any advice for when you should have that glass of wine. A good amount of AF time teaches you to live your life without alcohol, but at some point you need to re-introduce alcohol for the learning to continue. Just don't start without a plan. The plan will change, but you will have a starting point, something to modify.

SweetSaraSmiles, it is always delightful to hear you are doing well. I'm gonna Google that book at Amazon. When I was younger, I felt I didn't need make-up, but now I have started using some of the mineral stuff. There probably is much more I could do. We will always welcome you here, regardless of the condition of your flip-flops!

OK, I'm getting back to working on my Christmas gift list, writing down what I have already purchased, and what I still need to buy. The holiday stuff is out there in full swing, now that Halloween is over.

Take care, all.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X