Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad December 09

Moo,
    Thank you for all the support and friendship. We all may need to move on at some point.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Hi guys, hope this finds you all well. Last night was very enjoyable and tbh I dont think the fact I decided to have a couple of glasses of wine made even the slightest difference in that respect. It went grand, no problems at all I am happy to report, however the need to be on guard could become more than somewhat tiresome I imagine. I am off out tomorrow night as well but I think AF is the order of the day.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Hi all! Still very busy at present - everything's absolutely buzzing. Played (or rather attempted to play) Mozart's Fantasia in D Minor and Bach's Menuet from Partita IV in a Soiree recently - was really nerve-racking. Also rehearsing for the Christmas Choir in church this Sunday. Done all my Christmas shopping, sent all my cards... still need to wrap presents though. Wishing everyone a peaceful and happy Christmas.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Christmas in Hawaii - that sounds just awesome Rejuv!!

Great to hear from you Moo. You sound centred and on the right path.
          What are your plans for Xmas?
          We are having both families here for lunch on Xmas day so it should be total chaos. My in-laws and my BIL and family will be staying with us for the week leading up to Xmas and my parents, brother and sister will come up on the day. I can't remember when last we were all together -- possibly at our wedding 15 years ago?!! So it will be a day to remember!

KTAB, I too went over my 2 glass limit last night and ended up having 3 glasses but being that it was over a period of nearly 5 hours whilst having dinner and watching the show (which was awesome) i am also not giving myself a hard time about it.
          I have one more Xmas function to attend next week and then I can relax

Vlaster!! I have bought a grand total of ONE Xmas present so far and the only reason I've even got that is because I ordered it through work LOL!! We are not going big on presents this year but I do need to buy for my two nephews and the daughter so it's not too bad.

Righteo -- I'm off to soak in my brand new bath that my wonderful brother and BIL fitted for me last night so I'll see you all later.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

I've gone with a Fairtrade theme for presents this year - tried to avoid all the silly gifts the department stores put out at Christmas. In fact I've not seen much of the Christmas consumer promotions this year as I've bought most of the gifts online.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Greetings, Mod Squad!

I've been away, visiting my fantastic brother in L.A. I've been modding successfully, and my moods are good. I seem to have reached a comfortable place of accepting my husband and his quirks, adoring (as always) my children, and simply wanting nothing, including drinking, to mess with all of that. I have been drinking 2 - 2 1/2 glasses of wine a few nights a week. By some standards it is probably too much. For me, it seems okay for now.

I'm finding lots of comfort and inspiration in church, which is very new to me. I like to go, and sing the hymns and listen to the sermon. It's the most relaxing hour of my week. No matter what you believe, I'd recommend giving it a try...If only for the quiet and the tranquility that comes over one's busy mind.

I'm happy, I would say...At least for now!

Take care everyone...I'll be staying in touch.

Sara
              "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Hello friends

Hi friends,
                All goes well with me. Settled in from our big trip and then we went crazy having wood flooring installed in all of the bedrooms so that meant moving everything out and decluttering before it gets moved back in so it's been chaos.

Oh drat, hubby just came home so can't respond to you individually as I intended. Be well, enjoy preparing for the holidays and keep working the mod goals. I've been doing fine with that.
                Hugs,
                :l
                Eve11
                "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Rejuv,
                  We did Thanksgiving in Hawaii one time with our sons and it was awesome. Have fun.

Sarah, Good to hear from you and you sound well. I've been doing well this past week too.
                  Wanted to have a glass of wine last night and even the night before. Usually don't even think about that on school nights but it just seemed like a nice thing to do to sit and relax after working so hard this week. But then I started to think about how I wanted to keep putting things away here and there and I knew even one would make me demotivated so I refrained. So glad I did. So, I'm feeling well rested and motivated.

mb72 - I loved yoga in my 20's and now that I'm up there in age with the big girls I find it great for the flexibility but don't go at all like I should. Thanks for getting me motivated to think about it again. Maybe you should start a private yoga thread we modders can follow
                  like Sunbeam and her gardening thread.

Vlad: Good to hear from you. This is your season so have fun girlfriend!!

DeeBee, KTAB and to all the others who post or lurk here - keep working it and remember we're all here for each other.

Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Morning Mods,
                    Reading your posts makes a great start to my day. It is fun to hear of trips like Eve's and Rejuv's. My wife are I are going to New Zealand and Australia for three weeks in January. I have busy making arrangements and finalized it all yesterday. KTAB and DeeBee, I can identify with determination to stay moderate with AL. I think for us to be successful we need to stay on top of it and if go over our liimit get back on track right away. Hello to Sunbeam and also hello for the first time to Vlad. I joined group in Oct so I just saw your posts for the first time. Eve, your idea of me starting yoga thread is interesting.

This week has been kind of a downer. It has been very cold in Midwest of USA, days short and I have had the crud to boot. This time of year keeps me inside to much and it is easy to get unmotivated and feel sorry for myself. A little heat and sunshine would go a long way and today looks better.

My modding is going well. I am staying below ten a week and taking three nights a week off of AL. I have been on track now since first of Oct and it is where I want to stay. Before I got on this track I could not envision what to do with my nights without AL. I am over that now and maybe will try to cut back even a little more. I feel so much better physically and emotionally when I don't overdue the demon rum.

Great day to all.

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

hey everyone - drifted over from af thread - not sure where i want to be yet but I just know I am feeling overwhelmed with goals so moderating is ok for me for now.
                      my main goali s to be smoek free and lose weight - i thought i would lose weight by going af - actually i stayed the same - think i over compensated with sugar - hopignthis won't happen with moderation.

it worries me that so many seem to be struggling though to moderate - I really am not sure what to do but I need to lessen the pressure on myself for now
                      one day at a time

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Hello. I am new here. I would like to be able to have a glass of wine OCCASIONALLY. pretty much came to the conclusion that I am an alcoholic. Have been trying AA but the 12 step stuff is just too spiritual/god for me. Discussing these steps - I think the step is to learn new behavors - go to the gym after work instead of going home, reading the newspaper and having two botttles of wine. Don't know about the higher power stuff, but the people here seem to be doing OK - so what's the deal?

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Hi Lakgrl and :welcome:

I don't usually post here but thought I would respond anyways. I would start with the MWO book. Its cheap and an easy read. It really helps your understand the program and then you can choose what you think is best for you. As for the mod thing....everyone has their own personal idea of what it means to them. I drink waaaay less than before so I guess I mod but I'm still wanting to drink less so I am tapering down. Kudzu has really helped. I have the CDs as well.

Whatever you choose I think we all agree, you have to make a plan (write it down if you have to) be very clear with yourself as to what you want and then do your best to stick to it. Keep reading and posting here, there really is a ton of support.

Hope that helped-Good Luck
                          Ak
                          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Lagrl & Bear73,
                            I'm going to bump up a thread I started called avoiding temptation. May help you new modders to get an idea of how we old modders follow the program.
                            Welcome !
                            Eve11

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

Hi gang,
                              I'm getting a cold - drat - so have to confess my hot toddy remedy. Hated to post it on the drinktracker as I'm not drinking to have fun - but want to be 100% honest with the tracking so have to claim a shot and a half of brandy to go with my tea and honey. Will put my sweats on and sweat it out tonight and by tomorrow I know it will be gone! Taking cold-eze lozengers (mega zinc) helps too!
                              Night all!
                              Eve11

Comment

Mod Squad December 09

bear73;776373 wrote: hey everyone - drifted over from af thread - not sure where i want to be yet but I just know I am feeling overwhelmed with goals so moderating is ok for me for now.
                                my main goali s to be smoek free and lose weight - i thought i would lose weight by going af - actually i stayed the same - think i over compensated with sugar - hopignthis won't happen with moderation.

it worries me that so many seem to be struggling though to moderate - I really am not sure what to do but I need to lessen the pressure on myself for now
                                Part of the trick to losing weight & moderating is reducing the need for alcohol (which is a sugar)...so substituting refined sugar probably isn't helping.... it just perpetuates the cravings...& makes it more of a vicious cycle. Try using whole food sweetners instead... make a sauce out of chocolate or carob power with brown rice syrup....it's just like chocolate syrup for a chocolate sundaes...& poor it over sliced banana...makes a great snack for a sweet tooth...& a whole lot healthier for the cravings...without triggering the whole sugar cycle.

I managed to drop 12# since Nov 1st. I was drinking 4-5 magnums a wine a week...My plan had beento go to 7 glasses of wine a week, I was AF for the first 2 week & was at 7 glasses for the fist tweo weeks after that...& while I haven't been a good at my goal as I would have liked since...I have managed to keep it at 2-3 glasses of wine a night & sometimes AF...so am drinking a whole lot less...Mr Rejuve was drinking was about a fifth a Scotch a night & he is drink only a two a night...so we feel we have majorly improved...we are headed out on vacation later this week...& will likely revisit our plan again come New Years...as we didn't stick our original plan...but just having a plan in the first plan got us to a healthier place.

Using the Topamax & the supplements recomended in the book, especially the L-Glutamine & the Kudzu Rescue have really worked for my husband & me. We are also eating healthier. We have tried to cut out or really reduce refined sugars. The CD's are a really big help too..I think the subliminals are still a big help even beyond the first month & I am thinking about going back to the hypnosis again...when I quit smokin years ago...I used the hypnosis tapes everyday for a month before & quit. :welcome:

Rejuve

Comment

Working...
                                X