Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year: January 2010

Robbery

My daughter came home after school yesterday to find our house had been robbed. They went right to her bedroom and mine taking her $200 savings for France, my laptop and some nice jewelry and the Wii !! That will put a hold on my exercise program! I am pissed on many fronts. Was this someone Emily knew, or friends of her friends: she admits there are some "sketchy" types hanging with some of her friends. How dare she introduce this to our lives? OR is it totally random and we were unlucky. The cops point to someone who knew she had money there and knows we keep our back door unlocked.

It was a big deal. Lots of crying and consoling my daughter. The police were very kind and supportive; we went in to get fingerprinted so they could distinguish our prints from potentially "good" ones.

But we missed our counseling appointment last night which we really needed and then this morning she walks out of the house announcing "I'm off to Boston tonight" not discussing, providing info I request or agreeing ahead of time to when, where what. I'm ready to give her to the next passerby. The friggin self absorption of the 15 year old girl.

I'm doing poorly on my "best AF January quest" and I know it. Last night I had 3 drinks despite planning none. Its not the end of the world, but I still turn to wine for solace in stressful situations . . . I can't tell you I wouldn't do the same again. I don't know, I'm feeling like a failure and a bit angry and down.

Hoping others are doing better.

Ask

Comment

(((ASk)))
      I am so very sorry to hear about the robbery!! We've been robbed on a couple of occassions and I remember the feeling of "space violation" all too well.
      Thank goodness you and your daughter weren't at home or didn't interrupt them. My daughter turned 15 two weeks ago so I can only imagine the attitude you must be given... stay calm (easier said than done, I know)

Well I don't have anything exciting to report... been taking it real easy since the "bug" has hit the family so we are all feeling a bit pooped but luckily we are still on holiday so mid morning naps and a bit of goggle-box has been in order.

Nothing special planned for the weekend except to take the daughter shopping for some clothes for school, which can be a stressfull task as she is bound to try and push the boundries on what I class as "decent" LOL it's all part of the job!

Hi to all -- hope you have a wonderful weekend:-)
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

AskForHelp,
        I am so sorry that your life was violated in this way. Take care of yourself, treat yourself with something nice, you need to heal.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I'm so sorry Ask! Know that we're thinking of you!
          Sara
          "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Good morning ladies (and Mario)!

:new:
            Looks like Modville has turned into a ghost town,eh?
            I'm from over at the Ponderosa,
            but I hope to be hanging my hat up here for awhile.
            Ask, if I find those robbers, it will be a short rope from a tall tree for them!

Deebee,Sunbeam,Mario and of course Sara!
            It's my pleasure to be here.
            Where's the bar and that piano man?
            We need to liven things up a little around here!
            ~Adam~
            "Stealin' the young girls hearts...
            just like Gene and Roy.
            Singin' those campfire songs..
            Oh, I shoulda been a cowboy."

Comment

OH MY GOD, another visitor from the Wild West. Kid Sheleen spent some time here, and we miss him.

Welcome, AdamCartwright! What's your mods plan?
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Welcome to the Squad Adam:-)

That's very freaky Sun -- I was thinking about Kid this weekend and how he used to get us going with our pacts and goals. I hope he is well.

Ask, how are you and your daughter doing?? You were in my thoughts all weekend -- I hope you managed to get some well deserved "me" time:-)

Well, I'll make this short and sweet as it's back to work for me today and must dash.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!!
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Good Morning, All!

Martin Luther King Jr Day here in the states; a National holiday...
                  I been practicing "moderation" with varying amount of success
                  for the last 2 years.
                  Though a loner at heart, this is something I find works better with
                  the support of a group.
                  Right now I'm going through the old posts and finding
                  HUGE amounts of useful information.
                  I plan to recycle some of it, if no one minds.
                  I believe in "Moderation"...
                  I believe in abstinence too...
                  A person has to do what works best for him or her.
                  ~Adam~
                  just like Gene and Roy.

Comment

Morning Squad!!
                    Well it was back to work yesterday which was just crazy busy and today is back to school for the daughter (finally!!) so I am finally ready to sit down and take a good hard look at where I am, in all aspects of my life.
                    There are quite a few areas of my life that need attention/work and the rest of this week I'll be thinking about just how am I going to accomplish my goals and with what rescourses.... I like Adam's idea of going through the old posts as that always inspires me:-)

How is everyone doing??
                    Has anyone heard from St J or Moo lately??

Off to work I go -- I'll check in a bit later.

Comment

Hi everyone!
                      Its great to see the mod squaddies back in business again.
                      I love lurking around here
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I would like to be part of the Mod Squad...how do I join?

Comment

Welcome Agapanthus,

I just love your name as my first Agapanthus are about to flower -- I take that as a sign:-)

You are welcome to join the squad -- we have no rules other to support each other 100%.

Do you have a plan? Goal?

Looking forward to getting to know you:-)

Comment

Good afternoon, Modders!

Thanks,Deebee...
                            I wondered what that name meant!

Having a not-too-bad "Day 3" AF here.
                            It's my day off, but I don't want to sit around too much,
                            or a beer will sound better and better!

Did some chores around the ranch,
                            then rode across the river to see
                            "AVATAR" again!!!!!
                            I love that movie!
                            Has anyone else seen it?

Well, I have to go wake up the cook
                            (I think he's been hitting the Sake)
                            to rustle us up some grub.

I hope it's not prairie dog fritters again tonight!
                            Enjoy your evening, everyone!
                            ~Adam~
                            just like Gene and Roy.

Comment

Dog fritters and Sake??!!! Now that sounds like an intersting combination LOL!!

Well, I've just got back from seeing the Doc and she has agreed to put me back on Topa for three months. I'm really happy about this as I really want to get this beast off my back -- Topa worked for me when I tried it last year so I just know that I can use it as on of my tools to notch up lots of (much needed) AF time.

I don't feel like I have much to contribute to the squad right now, but I l:h being able to pop in and say hi to you all, ramble a bit about my day and really just connect with my cyber friends.

Lots of soppy hugs (cause I'm in the mood):l

Comment

DeeBee;792981 wrote: Welcome Agapanthus,

I just love your name as my first Agapanthus are about to flower -- I take that as a sign:-)

You are welcome to join the squad -- we have no rules other to support each other 100%.

Do you have a plan? Goal?

Looking forward to getting to know you:-)
                                Thank you DeeBee,

I had a plan but have gotten kind of sidetracked. Not as bad as I have in the past, but still not good. Was going to try 30 days AF, but since I know I can do that (I have before) I kind of want to go straight to the mod part. Actually, occasional to mod (if I refer to it as moderate, I sometimes start escalating to a heavier level). If I catch myself drinking 2 days in a row (like the last 2 days) I have to go on the wagon again for a few days. The goal would be to maybe drink one day a week, no more than two drinks per day. Since I am a petite woman, even two might be considered too much by some. My "guidelines" (I was hoping that not calling them "rules" would help me not to rebel against them) are: wait till 6pm, limit to one or two, have several AF days per week.

Thanks everyone, for all your posts - I am inspired by the one about going AF being like an antidepressant that works quickly. Must keep that in mind, as I have issues with depression and I know AL only makes it worse. But I do feel it is possible to have an occasional drink or two and not have to be totally AF - just have to make my plan work. I sitll struggle with the supplements sometimes. Maybe I need to eat more with them, to prevent strange yucky burps (sorry, that's kinda gross). I have a little bit of Topa and I think it helps. I'm working on getting up the courage to ask my doctor again if he will prescribe it. When I asked him about the plan of going up to 300mg he didn't really like the idea and advised me to make an appointment, rather than e-mail. But I don't really want to go into it that much with him, and I don't think I need to take more than 25.

Anyway, sorry to go on and on...have a good day, everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X