Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year: January 2010

'Morning, Squad,
    Good to see everyone...Glad you posted again Rejuv, and congrats Eve on sticking with your pact. How are you DeeBee? What's up with your health worries?

Sunbeam, good for you for being honest with us about things...Sometimes I've wondered if you feel any pressure to live up to your rep as the role model modder. One of the things I admire about you is your mindfulness. It will see you through.

I've been busy with my family, having some fun together and feeling so grateful for my little boys and their health and well-being. Sometimes I just can't get enough of hugging and kissing and adoring them. Last night I was cuddling with my 6 year old, telling him how much I love him, and I suddenly had the thought, "I wish someone had loved me this much when I was a little girl". It just popped into my head. I know I was loved, and my parents were kind and good to us. But I don't remember one single moment of feeling that I was just absolutely wonderful and perfectly lovable; not the way I think my kids must feel. I hope they feel it, anyway. I hope it will always stay with them, and that they'll grow up feeling secure in a way I have never felt. I just don't have it in me...A deep or abiding sense of security and value. I don't mean to sound self-pitying, I just know it's true, and it's probably why I get depressed and maybe it's why I struggle with drinking.

OOOhhh....Not a cheery way to start the day. Have you guys watched the video that there was a link to on the Cowgal update thread? It's beautiful. Not "cheery", but inspiring. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B56UjiLuWkk[/video]]YouTube - I'm Alive - Kenny Chesney with Dave Matthews

Take good care, all you wonderful people!!!!
    Sara
    "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Welcome Back Rejuve!! How was your holiday??? You were missed!!

Sun, I was thinking about what you said. I need to be very careful over the next couple of months. My hubby finishes work this Friday and although both he and my brother have already got another business set up, it will initially be from home. Already this afternoon they cracked open their first beers just after 4pm. As a rule I wouldn't even think of having a glass of wine until after 6pm so this is becoming a huge trigger for me and I find I have to keep myself away from them and VERY busy.

Eve, I'd love to "meet up" on FB! How was your evening out? Sounds like fun.
      I remember watching a documentary "Rain in my heart" on YouTube which was posted here on MWO about people in far stages of alcolhoism and I was gutted watching it Eve -- i can only imagine what you must see in your line of work and applaude you and all involved!!

Sara, you are such a wonderful Mom -- I'm sure your boys know exactly how much you love them and feel very secure in themselves.
      Thank you for sharing the link. The support that has been shown on Cowgals thread is the reason I keep posting. Sure, this might be cyber-space but the friendships I have made here are VERY real.

Adam, I'm chuffed to hear you have stuck to your one resolution of exercising -- I was moaning to my Doc the other day that this is something that I had said I would do she reassured me that I must address one issue at a time.
      And on that note, my test results came back and unfortunately the cancer seems to have returned. I am waiting for an appointment at the Gynae -- when I called they said that they could fit me in in April (!) so my GP is pulling some strings. I believe the next step is a colonocopy (sp?).
      I was diagnosed with stage 3 cervical cancer last year and with lots of meds and positive thinking managed to beat it so I have no doubt the same will happen this round.

On a happier note I saw a post from Zed and hope he's lurking around getting ready to say hi soon.

Till then.....

Take care.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Oh Deebee, I'm so sorry you've had that news. It sounds as though you have a healthy, positive attitude, and we will all be here for you come hell or high water. Take care of your sweet self, and keep us posted.
        "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

DeeBee,
          The cancer has returned but to a different area of your body? I am sorry but we will rally around you and I've seen hundreds of people and many friends beat that ugly disease. We are all here for you!
          Hi to everyone - DeeBee's sad news takes my other thoughts away for the moment but I'll be back soon.:l
          Eve11
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

(((Deebs)))
            You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are tough, but it is still scary.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Morning Gang!

Where is everyone??!!
              Thanks for all the lovely PM's and positive thoughts -- I feel fine, honestly:-)

It has been raining for the last couple of days (thank goodness) not that the temperature has dropped in the least, in fact it has just made everything muggy.

It is coming up to my one year anniversary since I quit smoking (can you believe it!!!) and as fate would have it a friend returned a book that she had lent from me (a year ago) called "How to quit without feeling sh*t" by Patrick Holford. I initially bought it to help me quit smoking but it is written to help with all addictions, from nicotine, sugar, alcohol all the way throught to cocaine. WHY? I didn't take the advice on board for the other addictions in my life I'll never know but I started reading it again and felt the light bulb going off LOL!!
              I'll post more about the book in the reading section of MWO but I highly recommend it.

I'm off to the dentist, yes, I finally made that long overdue appointment:-(
              Catch ya later.....
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                Just wanted to send good wishes and love to all.
                I'm okay...A bit melancholy but trying to get geared up for a day of cleaning the house. I must put on some upbeat music and remember that housework can be life-affirming!
                Smiles, Everyone, Smiles...
                Sara

Comment

Happy birthday to youuu
                  Happy birthday to you
                  Happy birthday dear Em
                  Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I hope your day was filled with love and laughter Em -- you deserver it!!!

Comment

I second that!!! Happy Birthday, Birthday girl!

Hope all are well...I'm hanging in there, off to tell my kids it's time to turn off the TV and play with me! Take good care everybody!
                    Sara

Comment

Happy (belated) Birthday!

Iwas away...
                      sorry I missed the party!!!
                      "Stealin' the young girls hearts...
                      just like Gene and Roy.
                      Singin' those campfire songs..
                      Oh, I shoulda been a cowboy."

Comment

Working...
                      X