planning my new life of moderation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi eve...thanks for the "out" but I'm gonna do it tonight! so, if i have a seizure, it's all your fault! HA HA ...i'm only kidding. :H

seriously, i am a little nervous and scared, but my hubby says that it is safe for me to do, so i'm trying to trust him(and countless others on this site)that I am not at high risk for a seizure or any major withdrawals. so, i might get a headache or insomnia, but, i already get those anyway...

i'm gonna do it. i'll probably go to bed early. i have some xanax if i want to take one.

Comment

Awesome letgo! You sound jazzed and ready to give tonight a go. Glad your husband is on board and supporting you. Post and let us know how you do, okay? I saw some helpful stuff on a harm reduction website that seems akin to Betty's plan and thought of you. One day here, two days there, it all adds up and can get you where you want to be. Way to go, woman!

Comment

well, i did it. no drink last night. it's 830am here and so far, no seizure either!
        i feel the same as i did yesterday.

i didn't have too tough of a time of it. it's funny how life works. I actually had a "real" issue to be anxious about instead of worrying about NOT drinking and withdrawing. My arm is a little swollen. I had all my lymph nodes removed years ago when i had a mastectomy for breast cancer, so my arm is at risk for a condition called lymphedema. I think I overworked it and now it's swollen. so, I was thinking about that last night instead.

anyway, i think next week's af day will be less stressful, especially if i keep it to 1-2 drinks until then. which is my plan.

xo
        thanks for your help

Comment

So very happy for you, letgo! And I'm sure your day next week will be a little less scary now...but if it isn't, we'll all still be here you know :l

Sorry to hear about the lymphedema. I'm wondering if you had a therapist that showed you ways to treat the swelling when it flares up? Hope it feels better soon.

Take care.

Comment

LetGo,

Yay!! You will end up surprising yourself as these AF days get easier and easier for you.

Very happy for you that you got one good AF day in as a harbinger of success to come.

I am sorry about the lymphedema. My mom had her lymph nodes removed with breast cancer in the 70s. They did a radical. Back in those days, they just cut everything out and off with no regards to reconstruction, etc.

She still has issues with the lymphedema but just deals with it, like you.

She is 86 years old and had breast cancer twice, back then the tests were not as good and I am sure they let some "get away." Today, they would have gone ahead and removed both breasts, I am sure. She is a 20+ year survivor from her last bout with it.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Great job Letgo and just want to thank everyone who's helped. MWO is an amazing place. Cindi you're the best for stopping in on Mods threads with your helpful advice.
              Love you all.

Ask

Comment

Working...
              X