Mod Squad Febuary Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, wanted to say hi to the mod squad. I'm not sure if I can mod though. Maybe just a special occasion, but having that thought in my head tends to make me less careful. I admire all of you who are doing well, even if it's not all the time or meeting your goals, with moderation. I just lose control too often, and if I were not a mommy of a 6-year old it might not seem like as big a deal, but then my health should be a concern, too...I'm not getting any younger - I'm 46 and have been drinking for about 30 years - anyway sorry to ramble...

Comment

Hi all; What a busy thread for the first 3 days of Feb. Everyone sounds so inspired!!

I had 3 days AF (Sat-Tues) and felt so much better. Had a few glasses of wine tonight which I enjoyed, but plan to be AF at least 2 more days this week. Feel like I'm climbing out of the dark space of January - and looking forward to Feb vacation. Saw my counselor old counselor today and talked out my teen troubles . . . so am feeling "lighter" overall.

The exercise survey is good motivation for me. I've really dropped that ball, and I KNOW I feel so much better if I exercise . .. those endorphins! So I need to get back on that wagon. Thanks all for the positive vibes.

Ask

Comment

(((Sun))) I'm so sorry to hear about your friend -- cancer is a thief!!

Good job on having just the one Eve and thank goodness you did! Drinking and driving really is an accident waiting to happen.

Hi Agapanthus:-) Ramble away -- we are here to listen and bounce ideas off....

Well I have a very busy day ahead of me and I've already had a late start due to me sneaking in a morning walk (yay) before work so I must dash.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

way to go eve! I knew you could do it.
          I went to my friend's house, she doesn't drink very much at all(def. not every night) but we usually have a beer or a glass of wine together. so, I had one glass of wine. then got my pellegrino. I felt so good about myself; she actually had 2 glasses of wine! So, for once, I had less to drink then her.

looks like february is off to a good start.

i just have to stick with it.

Comment

letgolaughing;800847 wrote:
            Looks like february is off to a good start. :wd:

i just have to stick with it.
            AMEN!!
            :l
            Eve11
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Good for you Eve...Most impressive!
              Good to see you again, Ask!
              Sunbeam, I'm sorry about your friend. It can be hard to cherish every day...but we must try to!
              Hi to everyone else...It's great to see so many posts after a slump at the Mod Squad.

My six year old was up vomiting all night last night. I stayed in his room and slept for about half an hour at a time, then woke every time he was sick...I'm telling you, it must have been 10 times. His brother woke me up a few times too, just for good measure! But the reason I'm telling you this is that I felt so glad through out the night, that I hadn't had any alcohol. It was not a good night's sleep...But I'd wake, comfort my baby, and go back to sleep. If I'd had a few drinks before bed, that would have been miserable.

So now I'm tired, but it's a lot better than a hangover would be!

Off to read some Harry Potter with my eight year old. Best to all.
              Sara
              "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Hi all!

Sunbeam, I am very sorry for your loss. You are right, and we should be enjoying life while we can. That was actually my goal when I found this site and you guys..

It looks like all of you exercise, I feel bad! i really dont do anything. I just run after my kids, my little one is 12 months old! So, Sarasmile, I understand what is like to be uop all night and how HORRIBLE it is to do it after a night of drinking!! I hope your boy feels better

It is my goal to start doing some yoga soon! I just need to find the time.

Eve and letgo, Congratulation on having only one glass!! I did the same last night! I decided in the afternoon that I was going to try and mod and I did it! I am very happy. I had water first and after I had some food in my stomach i ordered a glass of wine and it was fine! It lasted until the end of dinner! i dont think I can remember last time I only had only one glass!!!!!! I had lots of water when I got home, slept well and woke up feeling great!

Comment

That's wonderful Maia! :goodjob: Running around after a 12 month old is great exercise! I used to burn a lot of calories playing with my kids...Back when they needed me to climb jungle gyms with them...Now I'm a little less active and have to build in the exercise. Yoga sounds like an excellent idea. In fact, I met with this wonderful nurse practitioner today, to talk about my PMS and stress. Yoga was her #1 recommendation. That and not drinking too much. Who knew?
                  "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Ok - you gals have talked me into going to my morning yoga class that I've been putting off for weeks now. Worked out 45 min today at the gym - cardio and weights. Yoga tomorrow.

Planning a movie with hubby tomorrow night and think I'll try to be AF on a Friday for a change. That's a BIG one for me as I tend to look forward to those week-ends when I can drink. Sleep so much better without it though and we're meeting relatives for breakfast on Saturday so think I'll just try to can the drinking idea.

I'm actually considering sticking to O'Douls for the superbowl party as well. In the past I would have definitely used that as an excuse to drink on a Sunday but I'm thinking I like the new plan of even less than 7 per week so will be working on that one as well.

Night all - another AF night for me and I'm loving it.

Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

I'm so happy for you, Eve. Truly I am! You inspire me and it's wonderful to hear how well you're doing.
                      I'm loving my AF days, too. I'm in no hurry to have even a moderate night of drinking, since I feel as though with each AF day I'm a little happier and more energetic and focused. Funny how I still don't want to say "never again"...but I feel as though with the help of the Mod Squad, I don't have to say that. Everyone here understands the enormity of that thought. For now, saying "not today" (and saying it often!) is working pretty well.

I'm going to pull myself away from the computer now, put on some music and clean my kitchen.

Have a great day Squadsters!

Love,
                      Sara

Comment

TGIF is all I can say my friends.
                        Today and yesterday has been a terrible emotional roller coaster rider for me so I'm going to take it easy tonight and enjoy some QT with my sister and best friend.
                        Take care everyone.
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

You take care, Dear DeeBee. I'm sorry about the roller coaster.
                          Thinking of you.

Also wanted to shout out to old friends who haven't posted with the Squad lately (unless I missed something). How are you KTAB, Cyclefan, Adam-Cartright? Rejuv? Mooderator? Emmy? MG72? What about Delta Moon and Lila? I know it's been ages, but I also think of Periwinkle, Lila, Lenaleed and Zed, SweatyBetty and Jamms...I know I'm not naming everyone, and I hate to leave anyone out, but wanted to say hello to old friends who might be lurking.
                          Sara

Comment

Damn, that just reminded me I missed Moo's birthday which was on Wednesday. I wrote it in my diary but because I was working from home this week I only saw it last night....... off to start a (very) belated thread for Moo.

Comment

Sara,
                              Thanks for a shout out to all our old buddies. Hopefully people will keep lurking. I miss J-Vo very much as well as. Sent her a p.m. but no word so I hope she's doing well.

This was my first Friday in a very long time where I didn't drink. Honestly, I've been feeling so great being AF that it just didn't appeal to me. BTW, made it to yoga today as planned so was happy about that. Stayed home tonight and watched t.v. with the family and then read. Was nice to just relax and then be able to read a book at bedtime which would never happen if I'd had a glass of wine or two.

Dinner party tomorrow so we'll bring a bottle and have a drink - no more than 2 is my plan. So that will give me a total of 3 drinks this week. Sounds good to me.

Night and cyber hugs to friends and lurkers (lurkers - get daring and post with us...we don't bite :licked:and we love new people)

Well :bedtime:
                              Eve11

Comment

Well done Eve!!

I've been meaning to share with you a link to a website that I found which has online (free) yoga classes Yoga Downloads Online Yoga Classes – Download yoga exercises in many different yoga styles this is great for those of us that don't have the time or the recourses to get to a yoga class -- so now we don't have any excuses:-)

Well, I'm off the the club to go swimming with my friend and sister - we've declared today "girls day"!! This evening we are going to the races which will be a first for me. I'm not a huge fan of gambling and as a rule I don't have very good luck but I do love to get dressed up and this will be something different so I'm looking forward to it.

Have a good (sober) weekend friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X