how its done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how its done

been af 7 days YIPPEE!! been out twice for sober lunch this week and soooo enjoyed the food. usually i would be drinking the wine, looking at how slowly my company was drinking, working out how i can have a sneaky one (going to loo and getting swift one on the way) or maybe just saying sod it and getting a bottle just for me. basically i was just thinking about drinking, sure i was rotten company.... only part of me was there, the other part was listening to AL. bloody stupid really. hope i can keep it up.
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

how its done

Congrats Spuddleduck - this is my 7th day as well! I've noticed I've really been enjoying my food too! (maybe a bit too much!!) Last night I had some wonderful Indian food & it was just like a 'party in my mouth' - I think I could taste every last spice used in my dish. I loved it. Now I just hope I don't get fat! (actually, that probably won't happen given the amount of calories in all of the alcohol I was drinking all the time) I'll think of you on my way into Day 8!

Comment

how its done

7 days is great! Congrats on that and keep it up. Also you are working through situations sober where you used to drink, thats a huge step. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll have al's ass kicked before you know it

Also I want to clear something up here rel quick. I'm not saying modding can't be done, it most certainly can be done. I've been modding for some time now. Mostly AF but I can drink when I want, and there's lots of others who can do the same, or maybe drink a little more frequentley but have fewer drinks or whatever modding looks like to different people.

What I AM saying is that modding probably isn't going to work if you can't stop in the first place. If you don't learn how to put on the brakes you'll probably just go outta control and somepoint and wind right back up at square one.

So please don't take anything I say as discouragement, its anything but. I want to see everyone win their personal battle with al, whether that victory comes in the form of modding or just kicking al out of your life forever. Sorry if I came off as negative, I'm just sharing whats worked for me and what I've seen work for others.

Comment

how its done

Ask for help - thanks for the welcome back. I definitely did OK at first the last time I was here; glad to be back and trying again! It's funny, some mornings I've been waking up feeling heavy-headed and thinking I drank too much the night before, and then realize 'that's right - I've stopped' - then I realize it was just my "waking up" feeling and I feel great! It truly is nice not feeling bad from drinking so often. On the discussions about modding - I can certainly see how just deciding to go AF for good would work best for many - it is true that while I was modding last time it was practically all I could think about. That's why this time I'm thinking maybe to set a rule for myself only to drink on special occasions - when out with friends, for example - that doesn't happen that often so it would qualify as 'special' for me. Then, I wouldn't be thinking about it every day and trying to figure out how many I can have and when I can have the next one. It might also help me to avoid getting back into the daily (over) drinking mode like I did last time. I can see myself, once a 'going out' plan is made, obsessing over looking forward to a drink though. That might not be such a good thing. Well, we'll just have to see how it all works out. It's great to come here and see what others are doing! On day 12 here by the way and feeling good!

Comment

how its done

Question for the non-modders

Hi everyone. :new:

Just going through the posts and I think everyone brings up some really good points. I myself am on my 2nd week of attempting to mod.
            My question is for the non-modders. Are any of you taking topamax?
            Just curious because I am trying to follow the MWO program and if if you are following the MWO program and it is not working for you, I would like to hear more about that. My ultimate goal is to get control of my life back and I want to be prepared for any "bumps in the road" if you know what I mean. I appreciate anything you are willing to share!

Comment

Working...
            X