Mod Squad April Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad April Thread

moderating not going well at all this week - work is very pressured and i have been using alcohol as my crutch.Have been to roller derby training twice and cycled to work once.

monday 3 glasses wine
    tuesday - 1 mini beer
    wed - 2 glasses wine
    thu 3 glasses wine,1 beer and a spirit(and 1 cigarette - noooo!)

14 units

I am aiming for AF in the week - now I will be AF at the weekend this week as I have reached the healthy weekly limit.

Back to AF for me now until next Saturday 8 May
    one day at a time

Comment

Mod Squad April Thread

ugh. you know how most of you do better when you go out instead of drinking at home? well, last night, I decided that it is the opposite for me. I went out to dinner with friends, my husband and I and thought i was doing well. I didn't have anything to drink before we left. and at dinner, i had a glass of wine before dinner, a soda water and another glass of wine. we then decided to stay for dessert for my hubby and i split a glass of wine. this was over about 2.5 hours. doesn't sound too bad, right?
      well, I'm hungover today!!! it's ridiculous! This happened last time we went out as well. So, I guess the pours are bigger then what I pour at home(although it didn't look like it to me), or I drink faster, or something.
      I also guess my tolerance is lower.
      I was really controlling the drinks though, and this is what i get? sitting here thinking about it, I think the main difference is that when we go out to dinner, I usually have a full drink and a half before dinner ever comes, then when my food comes, I'm just not that hungry and I end up not eating very much. I guess this is what contributes to my lack of tolerance. At home, I will have half a beer(or maybe a whole beer)before dinner sometimes, but then I always eat something.

I don't know. I'm rambling. I guess I'm saying, I'm different then y'all. (who knew? It is easier for me to control having a drink at home then it is going out to a nice dinner.

I am supposed to go out again next weekend. I'm not sure what I can do differently. I was very very mindful of my consumption and still got hungover.
      just makes me mad.

so, i guess I will have to be even more careful.

I cannot do hangovers.

Comment

Mod Squad April Thread

HI all:
        Bear: I"m impressed with all the exercise!! I know about work pressures and "the crutch". You'll do better this week. Hang in there.

LetGo: sorry about the hangover, but it may be related to the AF days too. Once the alcohol is really out of my system (after 2 or 3 days) I get buzzed with a lot less alcohol. Its all a learning process.

I know it's May but I'm not ready for it, (nor to start the May thread). Just wanted to check in and say I will meet my goals for the week but had a VERY TRAUMATIC argument with my teenage daughter last night and although thinking I wanted a drink I knew it would make me feel worse so went to bed and read. So moderating=Good. Parenting=Bad. Life can be hard.

Today is a gorgeous day and I'm going to hit the range. My golf league starts at work this week and I need a tune up.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Ask

Comment

Working...
        X