Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruby Tuesday weekly meeting

Hi all,
    My body is transforming! I am beginning to see muscle definition.The hard work is paying off!!
    So another week of abstinence till the weekend.Daily exercise and healthy eating. Then moderate drinking on the weekend as usual.

It will be nearly a year in June that I have not been drunk.I never thought this was possible. And I was such a heavy drinker for fifteen years....I cannot count the number of times I use to wake up in the morning so angry at myself and determined to not drink on that day..only to be sitting in the car later on to get my daily fix of alcohol. I would be in floods of tears. Feeling hopeless, useless, worthless, very sad, angry.

Oh my God have I changed. I feel so grateful today.
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Hi, back to be brutally honest. Eve - not sure why but at first your post po'd me re: 30 day AF. Think it was feeling like I was being told what to do. Yet it made me think. And when I've come back now to re-read, what you advised and shared it makes a lot of sense. And how has it been? Have succeeded in more AF days than I planned, however, days I did drink I did not stick to just 2-3. I have picked a date to start 30 days AF. Memorial Day, Monday, May 30 - Tuesday, June 28th, my granddaughter's high school graduation day.

Eve - glad Dukan diet is working for you in more ways than wt loss. The sad thing for me is my wt is always down day after drinking and up day after I can post a zero. Dehydration? I'm 1-2# from goal wt but it would be nice to reach and then stay at goal wt.

Rebrith - fantastic! I've worked out nearly everyday since 1980 and wonder what I would look like if I hadn't, esp. with the drinking! You are doing so well - great balance.
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

ToMyHealth,

Thanks for your honesty!! To be honest, the hard part about online posting is we can't see verbal expressions. If I had told you that and had noticed a frown then I would have backtracked, given a better rationale, etc. You know what I mean? But here, there is no tone or inflection and I am sure we all offend each other here and there without meaning to. Now remember too, you weren't being told to abstain for 30 days, it was just advice given that when many people do that it helps them understand their relationship with drinking a little better.

It's been interesting for me on this "diet" as I've been AF for 17 days now and I have been able to see how some of my motivation does revolve around drinking. For example, we usually go out EVERY Friday and Saturday to dinner. We rarely stay home and just relax, watch a movie, etc. So, it hasn't been as enticing to go out when that glass of wine won't be served with the dinner. And it has been nice to just chill out at home a week-end night. Bypassed a boring function (only would have gone for the drinks) so all of that has been very interesting to have observed and realized. Also, have been able to get up super early every week-end day and got a ton of stuff done as I'm sleeping so much better. Like you, I am the same now - only a couple of pounds from my goal weight so I may cheat the diet a bit (not supposed to incorporate wine until at
        my goal) but we are going to Vegas for a fun week-end, I have a free drink coupon, and I will have a drink or two this week-end. All in all, it's been a great experience and I have found I really haven't missed AL all that much. I am hoping with the reinforced behavior of saying NO to many foods, I can keep that going and saying NO to too many drinks.

Anyway, have a good night all and a happy Memorial Day week-end.
        Be safe.
        :l
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Eve- I always love reading your posts. How much weight have you lost so far?

ToMyhealth- Wow! you have worked out every day! Thats what I am aiming for. I want to exercise and eat healhtily for the rest of my life.How are you doing?

It's about making decisions right?The more often you make decisions that support what you want, the easier it becomes, until it's a new healthy habit, a way of life that supports better health.

Here's to another healthy week ladies. x
          Be strong-
          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

Eve - sounds like you've learned a lot about yourself in this dieting process. Yes, totally 'get' what you mean about misinterpreting peoples' intentions when posting.

Rebirth - worked out almost everyday, certainly not everyday, had to rest days b4 marathons or ultramarathons, days after to recoup, and then I had a couple surguries but for the most part exercise has been and still is a big, big part of my life.

After what I knew was going to be a celebration weekend, started on my either 21 or 30 day AF stint today. Has it been easy? Yes. Why? Hungover. Had dinner at friends last night and I literally did not take time to eat yesterday, ran 4 miles and got handed a glass of wine upon arrival followed by another one, etc. etc. Tonite dh opened a bottle of wine, asked if I wanted any, easy to say no. Then he wanted to know if I wanted to taste it as our favorite brand has just changed years and sometimes the taste changes. Still said no. Don't think he was being unkind, think he literally forgot I wanted to start today.

I loved reading Controlling Your Drinking; author recommends 14 days AF. I know I want to do at least 21, might be the original 30.

1 Day AF

Comment

One week later, noon on Day #8. Sleep has been a bit of an issue but glad to say after 2 Calm Forte last night I slept well. Out of the entire week the only time I felt a bit of weakness was Sat evening when I was both tired and hungry. Once I ate I was fine.

Plan this week is to be AF working toward my no less than 21 day goal AF. Have a wonderful week everyone and work your plan.

Comment

Eve11, would you be so kind as to give me the low-down on the first two weeks of the Dukan diet? Is it something I could do while away on vacation at my family's house? Leaving this Friday and would love to come back 5 pounds lighter and since I am on a thirty day AF journey, it might just work perfectly.

Thanks Tips
                Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Well done Tipps and TMH for your AF time so far!

Another good work. I have upped my exercise regime and wish to be exercising for a minimum of seven hours. This also includes gentle walking though, not purely hardcore cardio. LoL. Jeez I would die of exhaustion if I did.

My healthy "diet" is still doing well. I moderate my calories during the week ( No AL). But weekends I eat what I want and still drink moderately. Seems to be working as I have lost another pound.
                  Be strong-

Comment

I noticed it was Eve's birthday today. So...HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVE! Hope you are doing something special.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Happy Birthday Eve! x
                      Be strong-

Comment

Tipplerette;1126685 wrote: Eve11, would you be so kind as to give me the low-down on the first two weeks of the Dukan diet? Is it something I could do while away on vacation at my family's house?
                        Tip,
                        So sorry, have been away for a couple of weeks. Have been too busy with school, H.S. graduation out of state trip, etc. Just saw this post and haven't read past it to see if it's an old one I responded to but will quickly give or regive the info. Go to OFFICIAL US WEBSITE of The Dukan Diet and you will find a plethora of info. Everything is availalbe online. I lost 10 lbs and only have 6 to go to be my ideal weight. It's been easy to follow, healthy enough, I can't say enough good things about it.
                        Hugs,
                        Eve11
                        p.s. Thanks for the birthday greetings my friends. Sorry I have been absent. I am STILL here! Taking the summer off from my Master's Program so I'll be posting more.

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Tips - did you go to Dukan website? I filled out info and it came back saying my wt is right for me and I do not need any slimming advice, something like that. Well! Evidently, you have to be quite a bit overweight (which I doubt those in the royal wedding were) to get the info???

Thanks for info, Eve. Very interesting, and as I said, glad it's working well for you.

Comment

TMH,
                            I do like that about the Dukan website that they calculate realistic weight for people, however, even if you are thin enough, it's a healthy plan to follow to STAY thin, so I'm surprised you couldn't access any information. Could have been a glitch?

Anyway, on a MWO note, hope everyone is doing well with their mderation plans. Ruby Tuesday is our place to post goals and discuss successes, strategies for success,and setbacks. Come feed our brains!

:l
                            Eve11

Comment

Just thinking aloud about my holiday plan. Going to Barbados in three weeks...My last holiday was AF but this time I am allowing myself to drink. So the plan is to still stick to my AF weekdays and drink moderately on the weekends.
                              I can do this. x
                              Be strong-

Comment

Hey gang,
                                I am back after a period of not posting for a long while.
                                I need to get back to my mod plan. Think I will resume drinktracker as that has helped me in the past.
                                I really, really need to quit after 2 drinks. The 3rd or more make me too buzzed and I just don't like how I feel the next day. I need to quit making excuses for having that 3rd or more drink so my plan is:
                                No more than 2 drinks a day, no more than 4 days of drinking a week to keep my drinks at 7 or 8 at the most for a week.
                                Eve11

Comment

Working...
                                X