Ruby Tuesday weekly meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday was too-busy Tuesday for sure and I missed checking in (although it looks like everyone else did too).

My plan is going well, so I'm just going to stick with it.

Average units when I drink are now nicely under 6.
    I'm still not drinking two days a week and never having over 6 units when I do.

I'm still in the "Increasing Risk" category. Way better than the "Higher Risk" place I was even three weeks ago, but the next goal will be to be "Low Risk." I'm not sure how few units a week will put me there. BUT - I am sleeping way, way better; always going to bed completely sober; and I think I've lost some weight.

Happy (belated) Ruby Tuesday to all. Belated Congrats to FancyC also. I also think drinking alone is one to really avoid.

Comment

Dancing Girl you are doing awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. Jazi - drinking alone is what really got me into trouble. It is now a rule that I never drink alone - and that includes staying up after dh has given up and gone to bed.

I'm not drinking for (at least) the next 97 days - it is something I have to do for me. I need convincing of my self control, confidence and motivation. I'm doing other things as well to work on health and procrastination in all areas of my life, but my main focus is alcohol. I hope you'll let me hang out with you during this time, even tho I'm abstaining - I learn so much from you all. Have a great week! I hate to think of alcohol as "units". My glass is so much bigger!
      10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Please do hang out here!! We'll count with you. I need to exercise today - first work out may be snow shovelling, however.

DG

Comment

Yes, from me too. I hang around even though I don't have much to say...and completely forgot yesterday to check in.

My plan is to continue to pour but not necessarily to drink!! I know that sounds weird but it's working for me.
          JMum
          My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

Happy Tuesday - I'm still on the program and feeling great. Hope you all are finding some joy!
            10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Hey, all.
              So, today is day 4 for me AF and day 3 on my cleansing diet. It certainly is easier that my husband isn't home. I can eat what I need to without thinking about what he will or won't eat. My goal for the coming week is to stick to my diet and be completely AF. Hurray!

Comment

Hi all... soon I'll be reporting goals.. For now, just waiting for the naltrexone to kick in. See you next Tuesday!
                "We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
                ~John Lennon

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

~Author Unknown

Comment

Well, missed Tuesday again. Made my goal of 4 af days the previous week, but last week was only 1. I did not make it here to post either, goes hand in hand. This week is not off to a good start. Many days off work makes it feel like I am on holiday! Will try to work harder towards all my goals and check in regularly. Hope you all have productive, happy weeks!

Comment

Finally - I'm actually doing this on Tuesday!!

Didn't do as well last week due to two things 1) stress at work 2) having a drink in the afternoon at a concert (my plan doesn't tolerate spread out drinks very well, although I'm not convinced that having four drinks in a day when one has one glass of wine at lunch, one mid-afternoon and two at dinner and never feels the affect constitutes a "binge").

However: goals for the coming week:
                    1) keep two AF days (did fine on that), perhaps add a third
                    2) don't go over 6 units when I do drink ( that's where I fell down a bit)
                    3) buy some B&G Partager White - it is 11% so if I have two or three small glasses that would be well within moderation.

Love to all!

Comment

Yay - two small glasses of 12% wine = in the green! Finished eating, finished drinking, a very tiny but enjoyable buzz, and now off to watch the Olympics (and Canada's not doing too badly...).

A good start to my ruby tuesday. :-)

Comment

Happy Tuesday! I did not make my goal again this week. I need to focus more attention in this area. To be honest though, I have kind of dropped the ball in several other areas too. Dealing with some back issues at the moment that doesn't help matters much..a few drinks makes it a little more tolerable. I know, just another excuse. Still looking forward though! Noting the af days and mod days on my calender helps a bunch. Stay warm folks and good luck on your journey!!!

Comment

Hey, Fancy, here's just my two cents' worth on what you said. If you are honestly modding and not trying to abstain, then having a glass to help with back pain is okay. Alleviating pain is what alcohol was invented and designed to do. If it didn't work for that, it would have never made it out of the cave. It is not an excuse, it is a legitimate use. (Now, having 10 drinks for pain, that would be an excuse!

I did pretty darn well with my goals this week. Two little slips on the diet. Keeping on.

Comment

Hi everyone. I just forgot to jump in here yesterday although I did have a good day. AF and no problem with it.

I hate that word "excuse!" Wouldn't it be better to use "reason?" We drink for a reason, and our reasons are what fits us at the moment. Let's be POSITIVE today!! :h:h

JMum
                            My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

Okay - Happy Tuesday everyone (even to any lurking bullies),

I will post notwithstanding!! (I just looked all through for a "strong and determined" smilie, but didn't find one)

I'm doing very well with my goals - still two days AF a week and averaging 4.3 units for the other 5 (lowest yet). The DrinkAware tool is excellent for me right now as if I am considering having a third glass, I actually do think about how it will raise my number of units, and depending on the size of the glass and type of wine, could put me in the red for that day. So I stop.

Goals for this coming week: the same on the surface but the hidden goal of seeing the units come down a bit more. I'm aiming for a "Green" rating, which is I think 14 or less units a week and 3 or less average.

Love to all :l
                              (Even the lurking bullies - maybe they just need love?)

Comment

Happy Tuesday! Still working to make my goal of 4 af days per week. Had a long weekend last week, so just back to work today. Routine usually works best for me. Still good to see more af days on my calendar, so forward it shall be! Best wishes to everyone and their goals..

Comment

Working...
                                X