Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heavy drinking??

Litre,
    Go to the monthly abstinence site and that will be a good start. Lots of support and I'm sure a lot of folks who found moderation the stepping stone to realizing that life would just be a lot easier with abstaining.
    Good luck!
    :l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

heavy drinking??

so sad, is it time

has anyone ever decided to say goodbye, I tried a month ago, but my sister called and talked to me for quite a while. I am feeling that same thing now. Not that I am looking for a pity party, I am tired

Comment

heavy drinking??

Hi Litre,

Please please don`t feel like this, it hurts me to read you are feeling so bad.
        Things look like they are never going to get better but they always do somehow.
        Please come back and post again it may help.
        With love Flossie xx
        Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

heavy drinking??

Litre;1095420 wrote: has anyone ever decided to say goodbye, I tried a month ago, but my sister called and talked to me for quite a while. I am feeling that same thing now. Not that I am looking for a pity party, I am tired
          Litre, hun.

Come back and post and tell us how we can help. I'm puzzled by your words. Please try and give us a bit more information.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

heavy drinking??

Litre, nothing is ever as bad as at seems when we are down and tired. Come back here and talk it through or ring your sister or someone you can trust. Please let these bad feelings just be that - bad feelings. They will pass, no matter what a mess we're in it's better to find a solution or face the music or whatever. Life is tough sometimes, but sometimes something good is just waiting round the corner. Please come back and post - thinking of you
            Molly:l
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

heavy drinking??

Problems are temporary-Suicide is permanent

Litre;1095420 wrote: has anyone ever decided to say goodbye, I tried a month ago, but my sister called and talked to me for quite a while. I am feeling that same thing now. Not that I am looking for a pity party, I am tired
              Litre,
              By "deciding to say goodbye", I am assuming you are talking about suicide?

Litre, remember, alcohol is a depressant and sometimes while on it and/or definitely the day after, most folks feel very depressed.

I think most everyone who comes here gets tired of this affliction we all battle - some to greater depths of despair than others. I personally choose to look at it from a spiritual viewpoint and question "what am I supposed to learn from this?" Am I supposed to write a book to help others? Am I supposed to come here to help others? What is the higher purpose for why we are all in this battle together, when others can drink so normally without worrying, anticipating, craving, etc.

Please call your sister or a friend. If you feel great despair, call a suicide hotline in your country. The USA's number is 1/800/273-8255 but I am not sure you can access it from Canada. Feel free to privately email me or anyone else who has responded to you if you need more support from us. Just click on our name and a drop down box will give you the option to privately email one of us.

Please watch this video - the words that flash across the screen tell a lot more than the song does. Know that you are loved and there are people in your life that would feel so awful if something happened to you.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxk66_QiyUY[/video]]YouTube - For Sarah (Broken Song)- Suicide Prevention

Big :l
              Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

heavy drinking??

Thanks everyone, do you know how hard it is to find any prevention on line, then I came across a picture of 3 of my granchildren, and I could not for the life of me (no pun intended) to hurt them. My family has sort of to speak, made lives of their own. I always prided myself in letting my children grow up and be independant. But they have no idea the pain I am in. I wish they would call or come by, same as my siblings. I was looking at a bottle of pills and wondering if that was my way out. I know now it is not. My grandbabies told me that with only a picture. Thanks all Litres

Comment

heavy drinking??

Litre can you not phone your childrenor your siblings, just to talk, You need to talk to somone,keep looking at your photo of your lovely grandchildren, think postive you can make yourself a better life.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

heavy drinking??

Litre,
                    Gyco's signature sentences were inspiring for you I hope. Don't know if that was just a co-incidence for them to ring so true for you or if they are his standard signature statements but good words of wisdom for you.

There is no stigma attached to recognizing a bad decision in time to install a better one. –Laurence J. PeterChill Girl;

"This month I choose to be aware of my thoughts. It is my goal to only choose those that contribute to my well-being and that makes me feel good .
                    The hard part for everyone Litre is people and circumstances don't often meet our expectations. I have had friends that have made me feel that our relationship is so one-sided (e.g. I always call them or invite them to join me/us somewhere). When I stop calling to wait for them to call me, I never hear from them!

My family can be that way too - seems I always contact them and not vice versa. I have gradually learned to try to take on the belief that "It is what it is" and not take it personal. And if lonely and wanting to hear from someone, I give up my stubborness and call them. I find they are always happy to hear from me and even though I wish things seemed more mutual, "it is what it is." If you feel in need, call your children, don't wait for them to call (especially if you start feeling bad about them not calling you as it becomes a vicious cycle). If able, express to them you know they are very busy but you get lonely and wish they'd call a little more often and they might surprise (once aware of your feelings) and remember to be there for you a little more.

You are blessed with children and grandchildren. Remember to keep counting your blessings and watch the alcohol intake as alcohol is a depressant. Take care of yourself!~

Eve11

Comment

heavy drinking??

well now I know

I know everyone who is on here has had the same worries, I know now I need help, I have tried to deal with this on my own, and it does not work, I have tried drinking different things and drink more, because there is less alcohol , Rusty you gave me a number a while ago, please give it again

Comment

heavy drinking??

Hi litre have you tried to send Rusty a private message in case this post is missed? Glad to see you have decided to get help because things will get better. In my darkest days i didn't want to be on this earth , when i look back now i can see all the hurt and pain i would have caused and when i look around me now i see the joy in my two children's faces that would not exist if i hadn't pulled back. Things will get better . MM
                        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

heavy drinking??

Litre;1095478 wrote: Thanks everyone, do you know how hard it is to find any prevention on line, then I came across a picture of 3 of my granchildren, and I could not for the life of me (no pun intended) to hurt them. My family has sort of to speak, made lives of their own. I always prided myself in letting my children grow up and be independant. But they have no idea the pain I am in. I wish they would call or come by, same as my siblings. I was looking at a bottle of pills and wondering if that was my way out. I know now it is not. My grandbabies told me that with only a picture. Thanks all Litres
                          a bit late to the party here but for you and anyone else struggling to find help online :

International Suicide Prevention Wiki

hope all is well

Comment

heavy drinking??

new

Is there anyone out there who is still on here, all the post I have read are over a year old, so please someone let me know you are out there please

Comment

heavy drinking??

Hi if dreams,
                              I am still here. I don't come to the board often as I'm busy in school with a Master's program and don't need the support like I did years ago, but I like to support others. I am here for you. Read one of my blogs to find out about me. Tell me and the others a bit (how little or much you're comfortable with) about you. Welcome. You must want to moderate as you are a new poster and you came to the moderation site. What is making you feel you need to take a look at your drinking?
                              Eve11

Comment

heavy drinking??

He Eve11, I did not realize this was a moderation site, you never know, when I get this under control, I may try it again. The last time I tried to moderate I was living with a very negative person. After hearing so much verbal abuse, I decided to start drinking again, I tried to moderate, but once he knew I had a glass of wine he would start again and again. Eventually I left, after being told to get out for 4 years, even before I started to drink alot. Once I was on my own, I quit again for 1 month, but everything was so new and I was depressed so I started again. This time a little more. Recently I lost my job, not because of AL, but interior politics. I really began to drink 24/7. I had a glass of wine by my bed, and when I woke, even if it was 3 a.m. I would drink it, actually I would get up and re-fill. That went on till 8 or 9 p.m. I was so good at hiding my drinking, I could have received an Oscar. I realized I would loose the respect of my children and grandchildren if I did not smarten up. I picked a day to begin AF and that was Nov 22. Today I am AF for 6 days, or at least I am in my 6th day. I am fighting this demon alone for my family knows nothing of what I am trying to do. So this site is my life line, we all are afraid to disappoint all the people who offer support and kind words.

Comment

Working...
                                X