Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a private message i got

letgolaughing;885608 wrote: here is what i got as a PM today
    "Your OCD compulsion about your withdrawals has gotten old. You know perfectly well you are not going to have a seizure from only drinking 2-4 drinks a day, and you have already proved it to yourself time and time again. Perhaps you should consider going to an OCD website because you carrying on like this is insulting to those of us who wish we could stick to 2-4 drinks a night, and there is more to your issue that goes far beyond drinking"
    Letgo,
    I'm sorry you got such a nasty message. I've noticed in the past here that some folks join just to post a negative post to the moderators (I'm sure it happens on the AF site as well) and then they disappear.

I look at it as they're struggling with their own issues and need to try to make someone else feel as miserable as they do. Obviously this person is envious of your ability to drink less than theirs as evidenced by their statement "you carrying on like this is insulting to those of us who wish we could stick to 2-4 drinks a night".

Also, they have no understanding of OCD or they would have more empathy.

Let's just look at their entering your cyberworld as a lesson to practice forgiveness.

"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you."
    ~Lewis B. Smedes

:l:h:l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Do not let this negative person affect what you are doing to improve yourself.
      A similar thing happened to me a while back and I left the site for a long time.
      Actually I lost my commitment and the drinking has gotten worse and worse.
      So, this site is really helpful for the most part. Don't let a few bad apples soil the whole pie. I plan to take my own advice.

letgolaughing;885608 wrote: here is what i got as a PM today
      "Your OCD compulsion about your withdrawals has gotten old. You know perfectly well you are not going to have a seizure from only drinking 2-4 drinks a day, and you have already proved it to yourself time and time again. Perhaps you should consider going to an OCD website because you carrying on like this is insulting to those of us who wish we could stick to 2-4 drinks a night, and there is more to your issue that goes far beyond drinking"

i'd just like to say that whoever wrote this can go to hell. screw you.

oh, and the subject line was "would you just spare us please?"
      nice.

Comment

They know not what they do

:welcome:back 1967.

It's unfortunate the damage that some people can do sometimes, especially in this cyber world. Studies show that people are much kinder to each other in person as well. Think of the rude person when you're doing a business transaction on the phone but if you were in front of them they would treat you with more respect. Also, we can't hear voice tone, inflection, etc. and sometimes we misconstrue things because of that.

The risks are there for our feelings to get hurt but the benefits outweigh the negatives that is for sure.

Come on over to our Ruby Tuesday site where we post our weekly goals and get back on track with us.

And Letgo...big cyber (((hugs))) to you and hope you're feeling better.
        :l
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

hi 1967 welcome back, wondering were you got to :-) jump back on board here. Together we can all beat this monster.

let go just ignore these people,as already being said you always get some bad people who just like to cause mischief & trouble.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Letgo

I to am sorry that there is such a cowards on this site and that you have recieved such a nasty message. It has shattered my opinion of this site. I have suffered alopecia and used to go to a site to help cope with the issues I had to deal with. Something similar happened to a forum moderator and the moderator retaliated and was removed from the site, which was wrong as the moderator was the victim. This to me is a place to give help and support and receive help and support and as far as I am concerned people like that are not welcome here.

Looks like I am a bit behind the times with my post but I just want you to know that you have my support even tho we have never met. So Hi to you from me.

QQ
            Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

Don't worry about it, LGL. Sounds like the anonymous writer is struggling with moderation ("you carrying on like this is insulting to those of us who wish we could stick to 2-4 drinks a night") and is unhappy with him- or herself, and (putting on my own Psych 101 hat) is projecting that frustration onto you. Otherwise, why not just not read your posts? Ironically, anxiety seems to have been a strong component in what landed most of us here, and likely for your anonymous friend as well. "Hi Kettle; I'm Pot." "Hi Pot, I'm Kettle." XOXO -Pride
              AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
              "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Working...
              X