Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August Mod Squad

Best. Garden tour. Ever.

That was awesome, let's do it again next year. You are all invited! Lurkers, long-timers, newbies, AFers, etc.

Welcome Skyslimit, tell us a bit more about yourself, let us know how we can help.
    "Kinda brainy, but with no common sense..." by permission of Anotherday

Comment

August Mod Squad

that's pretty cool sun and cg that you got to meet! makes it "real" doesn't it?

i'm fairly happy with my week last week. I did 3 AF days. I was considering doing 4, but it fell on Friday night, and my resolve just lessened. i think it's because i left it open to maybe or maybe not, and of course, it's too soon in my modding to do that. So, I learned from it. I did only have 1.5 drinks though, so i'm not too disappointed.

I am fearful though, which i hope will keep me MINDFUL next week.
      I don't want to let my guard down again like i did the last month of the summer. Next week I plan to go AF Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
      i have book club on Tuesday, otherwise I would have thrown that in.
      I am going to have to be really strong next week.

Comment

August Mod Squad

Letgo,
        It sounds like you are doing great. Not too long ago you were very anxious about even one AF day, so this is great progress!
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

August Mod Squad

hi all
          i had a pretty moderate weekend after my 3 AF days last week. I had 1.5 on Fri, 2.5 on Saturday, and almost 3 Sunday. my goal this week is AF today, 2 on Tuesday, AF weds and Thurs.

Last night i went over my 2 limit because i'm having some major ocd anxiety(not AL related, bed bug related...i hate the news..anyway...)
          so, i had all this anxiety and of course, it makes me want to drink so i can relax . it works, but it's only temporary. today, i have anxiety again. I know this is going to make it hard to be AF tonight, but I'm not giving in. I'll just have to deal.

Comment

August Mod Squad

LetGo, I just saw your other thread this morning after Eve responded. It's great when a therapist can be so specific and helpful. SaraSmiles who posted here for quite awhile also had high anxiety, but not the OCD piece.

Everybody, I will continue to check in here, but I'm currently thinking that I am more of an ODAT person than one who really wants to continue drinking moderately. As I said to CanadianGirl when we got together Friday, I think I would be happier if I didn't drink. Saying that out loud I think made a light bulb come on. So I posted yesterday on an ODAT thread, and plan to continue doing that. We will see where it leads, because I am not ready to say that I will never drink again. But I would be so happy if I had something to drink only monthly or less. I have never wanted to drink more than weekly, would prefer less than weekly, but my frequency has been increasing. I have also returned my DrinkTracker to the public mode instead of keeping it private, to make me more accountable. Nothing awful has happened, but I want to do better. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

August Mod Squad

I must FLY!!! I'm on my way out the door for two weeks of holidays: the Canadian Rockies and the Okanagan Valley. Some of the most beautiful places on Earth. So I will not be posting for a bit. Have fun, moderately of course. Sunbeam, I will PM you when I get back. Sorry I'm no good for anything else at the moment.

See you!!!!!
              "Kinda brainy, but with no common sense..." by permission of Anotherday

Comment

August Mod Squad

ugh. so had a mond/weds/thurs AF goal this week, but i blew it last night.
                it was a controlled decision and I felt it was justifiable, but of course today, i wish i hadn't. i will be AF tonight though.
                i just had so much ocd anxiety yesterday that i was really wired. i had dinner and just could not wind down. my brain was racing and my body was too.
                it was either take a xanax or have a glass of wine. so i allowed myself the glass of wine.
                it did make it better. and i knew that 2 would be fantastic! (HA but, i stuck with one.
                anyway, i'm not kicking myself for it, i just hate this ocd. this is a big flair up that is a life disruption, otherwise, i would have been able to just go to bed with a hot bath(which i did have as well).
                i'm working to get past it. and i don't want to sabotage my modding because of it.

Comment

August Mod Squad

LetGo, good for you on your partial success. All success and improvement must be counted, never forget that or you will become discouraged.

Comment

Working...
                  X