Any Successful moderators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an inspiratonal post, Sarasmiles. I admire you and your honesty with yourself. I have been struggling to try to moderate for about 5 years, tried all different things, and still can't do it consistently. I never know when that little demon is going to rear his ugly head and cause me to overdo it. It's been quite miserable, really. And I think I have figured out that it is aggravating my asthma. So I think I am finally ready to just let the moderation attempt go and be free of it all. Kevin, I'm happy that moderation seems to be working pretty well for you. Anyway, live and learn, I guess.

Best to you all,

someone_else

Comment

Yes I am with The Sinclair Method! Google it!

Comment

Thank you for your experience, and more importantly, your honesty.

I wish you well, and thank you for being a good friend to me,

LOVE,

Hilary:thanks:
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Sara,
          This old post came up again and I wanted to make another reply to it. For those struggling to believe they want to moderate, what you said is so true and it is the price one has to pay for attempting to moderate successfully because let's face it...if you're here, you have a drinking problem. True, you may not be physically addicted, but you probably have a psyschological problem with it as I do agree that sometimes the thinking becomes too consumed about that drink. I admit, I have poured a glass of wine for hubby and myself and I look VERY carefully to see that he didn't get more. (that is not normal drinking). I have looked at the bottom of a wine glass thinking "that happened way too fast". So, because I choose to keep AL in my life for the fine wine in a hotel lounge when on vaca, I do pay the price of not being totally free like those who decide to give up the battle and go AF. I love that you love your AF life now. Good luck always and always keep lurking.
          :l
          Eve11
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X