December Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December Mod Squad

mg72! I remember you well! You decided to be AF shortly after I did. And here we both are, looking at modding again...

I'm so glad to see you! This thread has not been active in a while, and I'm a recent "returnee" too. Let's stick together!

Sara
    "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

December Mod Squad

HI mods

Having a good Tuesday here, hope you all are too! Sarasmiles I did read your post on Two Drinks, and found it very informative. Gives me much to think about. I have been lurking about this site for a long time before I could even commit myself to posting. I post on the ODAT thread because it has helped me so much in the past...I would love for it to stay alive. Sometimes ODAT is all we can do. My plan is to be af through the week. It is so much easier for my workweek this way. After doing it for awhile, I can certainly tell the difference! I did not become a daily drinker overnight, and I hope that alot of it is just plain habit. Trying to get myself some new habits in place. I do know that the holidays may make this even harder. Good luck to you all on your plans, whatever they may be! Stay strong...

Fancy

Comment

December Mod Squad

SARA!! What a wonderful surprise:-)

Gyco, you have always been a huge strength and support to us no matter where we are on our journey -- great to see you posting!

MG! If I remember correctly you were a yoga instructor? Good to see some "old timers" posting again:-)

Hi Sunshine, I remember you posting on Mods for a while (while I was lurking)... looks like we might have a "squad" back together thanks to dear Eve.

It's good to be in a place where I am accountable again!

Will post more on the morrow...
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

December Mod Squad

P.s. Just missed you there Fancy!
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi all - well, so far so good - MG - that could have been me writing your post! I know exactly how you feel! If I have that one more - even though I only have 2 (maybe three tops) then I can feel it the next day! Not hungover -but not good! So I am trying for 1 or 2 - and as long as I remember to take my Topa, I am good.

Hi to everyone else,

Sun x
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

December Mod Squad

Welcome Sunshinedaisies,

Keep checking in and posting with us.
              Hugs,
              Eve11
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

December Mod Squad

Good Morning Mod Squad! DeeBee :l:l:l

It felt good to go to bed last night knowing I had been AF yesterday. I did wake up at 3:15 am and couldn't get back to sleep, feeling anxious about all kinds of things....money, holiday expenses; childcare issues. I finally took a Klonopin and went back to sleep. My doc encourages me to use that as needed, but I try not to use it too often. I only take it for sleep, but I know it can be addictive, and I sure as hell don't want another addiction to deal with.

I'm staying AF for tonight and tomorrow for sure, and am beginning to think that an AF December would be a good idea. I know part of me will want to drink controlled amounts of wine at Christmas dinner with my family, but part of me thinks, why? It's Christmas, with my young children. Wouldn't it be good to just abstain and soak in every moment without any buzz, no matter how slight, making it different? Maybe holidays are in fact a really good time to be AF, instead of a time to drink, as we tend to think. The main reason I would want to drink wine at Christmas is that I still feel it as a way of fitting in, particularly with my mom, who loves wine and always looks at me as if I've announced I have cancer when I say I won't be drinking. "Not even one glass? Surely you can have just one glass". Something for me to analyze I little more, I know.

Have a great day everyone!

Sara
                "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi modders!

Hope you all have had a wonderful Wednesday! I am struggling with a lot of the same worries as everyone else. Helps to know that I am not the only one. I am working to not give in tonight, I do know that things seem to look even more bleak when I'm on the sauce. Heading for a warm bath, a cup of tea, and my prayers! Good night all!

Comment

December Mod Squad

comfortable

sunshinedaisies;1017635 wrote: Thanks Sara - is it usually the same folk here? I did most a while ago on monthly moderation looking for a modding thread trying to find something!! I wasn't quite sure what is considered modding - Gyco said that it was having AF days and just drinking now and then - but I do drink daily - even if it is just one or two - so..... I am not sure if that is good or bad! Part of me thinks it is still too much - more than the 'normal' drinker drinks!! So I suppose I am still in a quandary! What is all of the folks here opinion please??

Hugs, Sun xx
                    hi al and sun,i havent posted again ive been pretty busy gettin bak to work after 2years,2 years of survival and coming here,i drank for many years heavy,a bottle every few nights ,scotch,rye,beer wine ,i didnt drink anything,an alchoholic,will, , to many thats not a lot,over the years,only cuase i went to treatment,and here and to AA,have i lerned,you and only you have to be comfortable in this body,were not comfortable when we drink and were not comfortable when were not drinking,many of us live in a war zone as i cal it,everyone arround us drink,so you have to teach yourself all over,to go with the flow,one way or the other,and we choose MODERATION,it wont happen in a day,thanx gang gyco:goodjob:

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi modders!

Made it through a tough one last night, but was successful. Hoping for a nice family evening tonight. Often, that depends on Hubby's attitude when arriving from work. Planning on holiday fun for all of us. As cold as it is here, hot chocolate and snuggling under a blankie could be a winner! Hope you all have a fabulous day!

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi Gyco - thanks for the post - I did and have been, sticking to my two and so far feel good about that but will watch it. Fancyc - I agree - hot choc and a blanket on the sofa does sound good - unfortunately, work comes first - closing shift tonight - 2-10.30!! Then opening tomorrow morning - at 7.00 am. At least it makes the drinking choice easier when I get in tonight - NO!!!!

Hugs, Sun xx
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hello Mods

It is really good to communicate once again with you:
                          Sarasmiles, you are correct we went AF about the same time and are coming back to moderation at same time. I would enjoy knowing of your experiences and why you are back

DeeBee, great to see you are still here and you are correct that I am a yoga instructor. I teach two regular classes a week and try to attend two more.

Eve 11, good to know you are still with long term mods

Sunshinedaises, we are the same in our thinking about how much we should drink. Two drinks generally have little negative effect on my sleep or next day, three I can feel and four makes me kick myself. As you say it is not a hangover but I feel mentally sluggish and it screws with my emotions. My problem is that two is not quite enough to get effects I want. I guess that is where successful moderation come in.

Fancy C and Gyco, you were not on site to the best of my memory when I stopped reading and posting last March.

I will write later about how my six months AF went and why I decided to come back to moderation and restart MWO.
                          Have a good day and night to all.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Good morning modders!

Made it through the work week. Busy weekend planned, storm brewing for Sunday. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Comment

December Mod Squad

hi gang cant for getyou folks,mg ive been here for 3 years i like many bounce back and forth,im looking forward to your comments were all here for the same reasons,but here ? we have a lot more to choose from,THREADS,pick your choice,thank goodness for that.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hey everyone - got really stressed last night for lots of reasons - had had my two Guinness and ended up pouring the third and drinking it! shouldn't have but did. Today feel much better and will be back to two - possibly just one - am going for one seeing as I had three last night. I know I can do this and if I can't then I need to be AF!!

Hugs, Sun XX

Comment

Working...
                                X