Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December Mod Squad

Good morning modders!

This week is off to a cold start! Home from work as much is shut down in our town today. Did not make my goal on Saturday, but better than I have been in the past. Back to business. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Comment

December Mod Squad

Good Morning - well, still had three last night - maybe I should reconsider modding. Or up the topa. Need to do some thinking.

Hugs, Sun x
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

December Mod Squad

Morning all!
        Had a crazy weekend working and selling up a storm.
        It's school holidays here until the 17th of Dec - pretty long so I've been trying to keep the daughter entertained AND work.

Sun, what dosage are you on? I think I went to 75mg's before the Topa was effective.

Must dash but will be back later to catch up on all the news.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

December Mod Squad

Good morning modders!

Hope everyone is doing well. Today will be af for me. Happy Tuesday to all.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Oh Dee - I am on 150 mg am and 100mg pm - trouble is I often forget the pm dose - like today - need to go and take it. My own fault - it worked wonders when I took it the way I was supposed to!!!

hugs, Sun x
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

December Mod Squad

Good morning modders!

Another freezing day here for me. Will be thankful when the temps finally reach the 30's! Another af day in store for me as well. Wising you all a successful Wednesday..

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi there - only had 1 1/2 last night so was pleased with that! Feel good again!!

hugs, sun XX

Comment

December Mod Squad

Good morning modders!

Way to go Sun, it certainly does feel good to reach your goals! Af again for me today. Working through yet another snow storm here! I miss the warm weather! I know, I know. Move south. Hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday!

Comment

December Mod Squad

We had an ice layer over everything this morning! Got to work to have staff calling in to say they couldn't make it in!! Mind you, customers couldn't make it in either!! had three tonight!!! Oh dear!

Sun xx

Comment

December Mod Squad

successful modding

Hi Mods,
                      I am finishing my eighth week in a row of successful modding. I define that by hitting my goals of ten drinks a week, drink three or four nights a week, never exceed three in one night and never drink before six in evening. The last eight weeks I have had four a few nights and eleven in two weeks but overall am happy where I am. As long as I stay with my program I feel good, my emotions are stable and I still get to enjoy the positives of AL. I enjoy the feeling I get with a few drinks and don't want to give that up. If I go over my goals my life gets a little screwed up. I plan drinks weekly each Sunday to decide which nights I will drink. On my off nights I usually try to eat home style cooking that coffee tastes good with instead of AL.

I hope you all have a good weekend and I would enjoy reading how you define successful modding.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Sounds a good idea to have a plan mg - maybe I should think about doing that instead of just letting it just sort of float!! Have to sit and try and work out a plan!!

Hugs, sun x

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hello again Modders,

I haven't posted for several days, feeling kind of confused and almost wanting to just pretend drinking is not an issue for me. I had two on 5 out of 7 days this week, tonight being one of the AF nights. I guess I should feel okay about that level of drinking, but I seem to feel guilty anyway. It was more than I planned. I thought about drinking more than I like. I had to fight the urge to have a glass (which would have been 2 glasses) tonight. I don't want to be preoccupied with it.

One big reason for me to strongly curtail my drinking is that I am prone to depression and anxiety. I just started a new antidepressant, and it seems so stupid to take in a known depressant while taking an antidepressant! I am aiming for more AF days this week. I'm going away to visit with family this weekend, and I plan to have two drinks tomorrow night, but then stay AF for Sunday - Thursday. I really want my brain chemistry to benefit from the medication. So why even have two tomorrow? I know it's foolish in a way, but I just want to feel normal - like I'm a part of things and join in with everyone else. I'm not having any trouble stopping at two at this point, and I really believe I'm done with hangovers. But of course, there is always the danger that stopping at two will get harder as time goes on.

It's good to know you're all here to check in with. More soon.
                          "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

December Mod Squad

Good morning modders!

Made my goal this week, only because I was af last night. I try to be af Sunday through Thursday, but didn't make it through last Sunday. Still made the amount of days af, and think maybe I should leave it at that. Would like to not worry about what day it is when I do have a few. Anyhow, feeling good about the week, have a holiday party tonight that will take some work. Tomorrow is a family dinner, so not too much chance of worry there. Have a wonderful weekend everyone, enjoy the season!

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi everyone - only had one drink last night which was good - and that was late afternoon! So, I am doing really well. Just did not want another. go me.

Hugs, Sun xx

Comment

December Mod Squad

Morning Modders!
                                Great to see so many posting here again.
                                Sun, I agree with you - I too need to get a specific plan together. I used to have a great one that worked for me for over a year. Only had 2 drinks per week, weekends only unless there was a special occassion and I was so proud of myself for sticking to it.
                                Slowly, I've slid back to where I was when I first joined here but I haven't (touch wood) gone over board or done some of the stupid and embarrassing things I used to.
                                Don't think it's progress but I am aware of what I'm doing and I do want to kick my self in the rear end to get the AF ball rolling again.
                                I also started smoking again after quitting for nearly 2 years but I set my quit date the first time I had just a puff -- 1st of Feb I'll be twak free!!!
                                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                                X