FebRUary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FebRUary Thread

Peace, this too is how I felt. I have a lot of incentive to keep my drinking under control because I now know what it feels like to mentally have to always process the fact of not ever being able to drink. Two different kind of battles. However, I think eventually both play out. In other words, after being AF for a long time, it comes naturally to you. And, conversely, I think that modding can become natural if you've "practiced" it a while. I can see this in myself already. I don't have to struggle not to drink on the days where that is my goal. At one time having AF nights was almost impossible for me. Now, it's not a struggle at all. I am really thrilled to have gotten to this point. I don't want to compromise it and that's my incentive for keeping things in check!

Stick with me on this - let's prove to ourselves that we can control our drinking so we can enjoy it and not let it take us over or put us in a bad place!!

Comment

FebRUary Thread

KundaliniGirl;1062296 wrote: At one time having AF nights was almost impossible for me. Now, it's not a struggle at all. I am really thrilled to have gotten to this point.
      Me too. I want to focus on my successes and not failures and keep building on the successes.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Happy Saturday everyone,

I love not having a fuzzy head and had a few light beers with my hubby last night and then water. This truly is the best of both worlds for me. I will be diligent in not drinking wine, that is my catalyst, I can never just have one glass it does something to my binge switch.

KG, I am right here with ya and I am not going back to that dark place I love clarity and peace too much...

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Peace, RC, Kev - let's keep up the good work. And, as Peace says, let's make sure we don't go to the dark place!!

Have a super weekend everyone. Will catch up Thursday.

xx,
          KG

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Happy Sunday all,

I am up bright and early and feeling amazing. I only had one drink yesterday and didn't even want another. I think this is the road I need to be on. I know there will be times when I am tempted to go on a full out binge but each time I don't, the craving will lessen. I actually relaxed yesterday, meditated and chilled out. I have always had a hard time with that, but now that I have started meditating and focusing on me and my journey it is easy.

Have a wonderful day :h

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Had a great weekend. I drank a bottle of wine Saturday night although I was a bit tired Sunday I was fine with that. All in all, I've drank on 5 days(none, once or twice in one week)this month. Not taking moderation lightly but not feeling it's a lot of work lately either.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Great weekend here as well. Sounds like you are doing well RC...my problem with AL is the beating myself up and the shame and anxiety afterward. I am never going to feel like that again, isn't it wonderful to enjoy some drinks and not drink to oblivion and feel that awful "what did I do, say, etc..." feeling the next day.

I think my had enough switch is finally fixed

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Hi Peacefull~~I like your use of the word "never" rather than "hope". I've said many times beating ourselves up for whatever reason is not only non productive it is counterproductive. NO point in going there. I'm having an af week so far and feeling great.
                  Hope you are doing well too.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Hi RC,
                    Yes, I am doing very well...I feel I have finally found the right path to be on. I was half hearted in my previous attempt but something clicked this time. Last night I planned on having a beer, but when it came time I chose a glass of water and was very content. It's those choices that make the difference and knowing that there will be another day to enjoy one but during the work week I am not drinking for the most part. If there is a function and I want one I will, but I am never going to be hungover again so it's really a non issue from now on. It is soooo liberating to know that I am not going to allow myself to be dragged down that dark hole of shame again.

Have a great day all...

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Hey modders - just checking in. Hope all is well.

Had a wonderful little vacation in Santa Fe - what amazing food! Now, back to reality. I'll be AF for the rest of the week and then maintaining my 1 or 2 nights max on the weekend.

Have a super week.

KG

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Hey KG! Welcome back! What kind of fare did you enjoy? Been af since Saturday. Tonight having a bottle of wine. Something about Thursdays for me, perhaps because I work Saturdays too. All is well if that is the worst I indulge and that is the plan.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Hi RC - well, of course we had New Mexican food which was to die for. But, rather than eating too much of that, we wanted to sample other fares. So, we had Chinese, Indian, Italian, and tapas. The town itself was really beautiful too. We actually went out with a realtor looking at houses. Unless I chicken out, we've decided to move. Our house is on the market but we think it will take a long time to sell because it's remote. But, however it works out is just how it will be -- we'll just have to chill until it happens. We think SF would be a great place for us. Two sets of our good friends have moved to other cities to start their own businesses, so we're needing to get back to an area where we can make some friends and be closer to town.

Hope things are going well with your business ordeal??

KG

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Happy Friday All,

Welcome back KG

I have been and will continue to be successful in my mod plan. I sound like a broken record but I truly believe I finally found my path. RC, Thursdays were my trigger day as well. In the past I would start Thurs and continue through the weekend so really I was only having 3 sober days a week and the drinking days weren't mod days either. I feel like a weight has lifted as I didn't even think of having one last night and may not tonight either, I am off the mindset of drinking every weekend just because. We are going out tomorrow and I will have a couple but I am never having a hangover again and I love to be able to make plans and not having to worry if the next day is going to be a write off, I would even worry about how drunk I was going to get before I started drinking not anymore.

Thanks for listening to my ramble I am just feeling really good and will not stray from this site as I did in the past. You are all a wonderful support system, :thanks:

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Good Morning Everyone,

Peace - you sound really good -- so happy you're finding what works for you. I feel that too, and there's a real comfort in knowing we can control our drinking. Interestingly, I'm finding that I'm choosing to not drink most of the time because it makes me feel so good. I really like the way I sleep and wake up feeling refreshed. Just hope I can keep it going!

Have a super weekend.

KG

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Morning Modders! Everyone sounds in fine form. I'm pretty good today and no guilt whatsoever. No plans to drink tonight and the rest of the weekend will play by ear.

Peace I was at a point last year where I didn't give a damn what day of the week it was. I just wanted to escape my life most nights. Thank God for some great people here really listening to me and supporting me through my trial and errors. I actually hummed yesterday! It's been a long time since I did that! I think you are doing fabulously as is KG and thank you both for checking in regularly. It helps.

KG, I'm still working on a business plan--had to put on back burner for a week while I deal with other matters. The contractor popped in today. I'm trying to balance cost with the desire to use sustainable materials. He's off to a home show this weekend and will report back. I've never had tapas---must google. Good for you changing things up in your life. Look forward to hearing more.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X