Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FebRUary Thread

Hi guys,

I just finished Barney's Version and really enjoyed it. I am an avid reader and am very happy to be reading more than ever. when I was in my downward spiral I couldn't even focus on reading, the anxiety was too much. But now that I am back to being me I am enjoying everything.

I started a book club due to my love of reading and needed a hobby so I combined my love of socializing with reading. This was our first book, I am excited to see where the club will go and I hope it is a long term venture.

Take care...on another note I need to fix my drinktracker as I drank LESS than I thought, what a marvelous feeling I looked in the fridge and thought what?? It's only a matter of one beer, but the fact that I am not obsessing over amounts and even forgetting about drinking is very liberating..

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Alo All,:frog:

I had 4 drinks over 3.5 hrs last night. I have realised that this is not good enough. I promised that I would never have more than 2-3 drinks in a sitting and just because I felt ' comfortable' in last nights environment I took advantage of that. I really have to watch myself.
      What was wonderful though was that I noticed that I only had the 4th drink because someone asked me If I would like another.As opposed to me sitting there obsessing over whether or not to have another- I had not really considered another! This my MWO friends is a small miracle : )
      I DO believe now, that it is possible me to successfully mod.I am not sure what is the defining difference between myself and others who are struggling with it but what I do know is that you have to WANT IT. For example; I have tried to mod for many, many years- very unsuccessfully.Heartbreaking, devastating and hopelessly unsuccessful. I can see clearly now that I really did not want to give up the drunk buzz or what I thought came along with it - friends, social life at that point in time. I could not quite lift the veil and stop romanticising my relationship with alcohol.
      I am still very wary of up coming events, especially parties and certain events that used to get me all excited and a bit high. I have to be very careful with that. I believe that at some point down the track with dedication and hard work, It will not be an issue. ONLY with hard work and understanding will this happen for me. It does not just happen overnight, like anything in life worth waiting for.

This was just a quick ' got to get it out of my head' reply before work. Not sure how it has come across as I am aware that we have to be careful how we project our successes and not be preachy about modding.
      Not yet out of the woods but I now have GPS! Thanks to NLP!
      SJ xxx
      I am Perfectly Imperfect!

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Gidget, Peace, and RC when you drop by this morning. A cheery hello to all. I think we are all sounding so positive. I know that I'm feeling absolutely great about my modding, mostly because I'm choosing not to drink most of the time!

Gidget, I hear you about the 4 drinks. I actually allowed myself that much each night as a goal during my vacation. After it was all said and done, I felt like it was too many drinks. My achilles heel is socializing too (Peace also for you, I think). So, my challenge will be like both of yours in that I'll really have to watch myself during the times I'm with other people. On vacation I set out to have 4. Now, I'm going to limit to 2-3 during social outings. I agree that forgetting about having another drink is the best - to be free from the enslaved feeling.

Peace, I love your book club idea. I was in one a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Be careful not to get too many people. Ours kept growing and it got a little too large. Overall, though, it was wonderful.

Well, I didn't drink the last two nights, and won't be drinking at all during the week this week. So, I'm on track.

Wishing you all the best in achieving your goals. GO TEAM!!

KG:l

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Hola KG, Gidget, Peace and dear readers. Nothing deep to input today.
          What a nice thing to say KG. Glad to have you all on this journey too! xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Good Morning Everyone,

Just stopping in to say hello. Got great news yesterday - my husband got a clear PET scan and the oncologist was pleased. Needless to say, we're very happy! No more tests for 6 months.

Feeling super today after an AF night's sleep. Life is good.

Hope you are all well.

xx,
            KG

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Morning/Evening/Afternoon folks,
              Great News KG, sure that's a weight of your mind.
              I was having a bar meal today at a pub and went to go order a wine but changed my mind and opted for a sprite! Yay for me. One step ahead.
              SJ x
              I am Perfectly Imperfect!

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Hello KG, Gidget, Peace if you read this and anyone else.
                Great news KG! Really happy for you and hubs. I'm sure his neuroreceptors (and yours) are changing as I type.
                Tired this morning but no other reason than working extra hard lately. Yah!
                Gidget~nice work in the pub situation!
                Have a great day -- no drinking for me. Prolly Thursday I will indulge....will see.
                xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Excellent news KG!!

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Good Morning Modders,

Feeling fantastic again today. I'm just ecstatic that I don't have the desire to drink alcohol every night. The more I'm AF during the week the easier it becomes. Gidget - what a great feat being in a bar and ordering a nonal drink! I'll consider myself a real success when I can do that.

Everyone sounds strong. I plan on no alcohol until Saturday, and if then, only 2-3 tops.

Have a good remainder of your week everyone, and thanks for your well wishes for hubs! RC, don't work too hard. Peace, trust you're still attaining your goals!

KG

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Hi KG,
                      I am doing well, posting on the March thread now. I am feeling a bit under the weather, but other than that I am doing well. It's nice not to think of AL all the time like I did when I thought of quitting for good. I like my AF days, but now the days I drink is nothing to worry about as I don't even want to feel drunk again.

Hope everyone is doing well and please join in on the March thread.

Comment

FebRUary Thread

KundaliniGirl;1069277 wrote: I'm just ecstatic that I don't have the desire to drink alcohol every night. The more I'm AF during the week the easier it becomes.
                        KG, it is great isn't it!! I'm still not even sure if I will tonight or not but if I do it won't be because I've been jonesing for it all afternoon. I think that's real progress.

I feel like the donkey in the well with everything I need to accomplish, but I'm climbing!

Shall we move into March now??

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Oh, jeesh, I didn't even stop to think about the thread title. I can start one.

Comment

FebRUary Thread

Following you girl

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                            X