• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March On Moderators

Still just figuring things out RC. Have a great day.:l

Comment

March On Moderators

Me too KG. It's all good and we're far away better than we were.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

March On Moderators

KundaliniGirl;1071773 wrote: Re the drinking, it's not so much that I feel tired. It's that the alcohol disturbs my sleep and THEN I feel tired. I feel amazing when I don't drink.
        KG
        KG,
        AL does affect sleep - REM sleep in particular, so Yes, I always feel so much better when I have no AL in my system and sleep well. I am trying to subscribe to these theads so my phone is notified. Went to CP/Edit Options like you said, but what does one check on to have new posts on this thread contact them? I am missing the boat somehow??

You ladies have been having great discussions I have been missing and it's too late tonight to catch up but I'm going to start to try and hang here a little more as I know we've got some pretty regular posters (which is great!).
        :l
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

March On Moderators

Good Thursday Morning Modders,

So happy to report in today because............I met an old friend for dinner last night. We had three drinks each, and I slept! Really pleased because as you guys know, my pattern would have been not to sleep. So, that's excellent for me. HOWEVER, what makes me the very happiest is that I will now go back to AF without any problem. THAT is the huge progress I've made. Hubs and I will probably have a nice lunch out this Saturday and I'll have one glass of wine. Then, next week will be AF again. I feel like I'm achieving my goal of how I want to drink. I'm still pretty early on in all this, though, so I'm still evaluating but so far it's good.

RC, as you say, we've come a long way. I have broken my daily drinking habit, which I think is huge. I think you've been drinking fewer days and less per evening? So glad things are going better for you too. BTW, RC, this is off the subject, but what do you recommend for dry skin during the winter? Is there any organic/natural cream that's good? Most of them I try don't work as well as the conventional ones. I try to go the the cosmetic database website called skin deep to check out how carcogenic products are before I slather them all over my body. People don't realize that skin is the largest organ on the body and that what goes on it gets into your bloodstream, right? Anyway, let me know if there's something out there you like.

Eve, when you go to USER CP/Edit Options, the next thing is to just make sure that anything other than "do not subscribe" is selected in the "Default Subscription Mode" box. It's a little confusing because of how the drop downs are labeled. Basically you can choose to be notified by e-mail every time someone responds to a thread you've posted on, and you can select how often you want that to happen. Or, you can choose "no e-mail notification." If you pick that one, then you have to go to your User CP each time you log in and there will be a list of each thread you posted on which has now been responded to. You can tell because the thread title is darkened. Once you click on it, that title will then go away when you come back to your User CP the next time, unless of course, someone has again posted on that thread. Sounds like what you would want, though, is to choose "Instant E-Mail Notification." I think the other options are daily or weekly notification. Hope that helps.

Peace, hope all is well with you too. Gidget, guess you're travelling/working.

Hope you all achieve your goals and have a super day.

xx,
          KG

Comment

March On Moderators

KG,
            Thank you! What is weird is I am set up that way but it only seems to send me the messages from the new post I usually create monthly. Doesn't even send me Ruby Tuesday which is a thread I started. So, maybe a computer geek will read our stuff and know the answer to my confusion!

Have a good day!!
            Eve11
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

March On Moderators

Afternoon Modders. Just a quick check in--not feeling very talkative today. Glad your sleep was not interrupted last night KG. Yes, I have been having some drinks only once or twice per week and less than I was although may not be others definition of moderation.
              I use a moisturizer (for 15 years now) called Beta Ginseng Hydrating Day Cream by Earth Science. I've always had difficulty finding something that was non comodogenic. Before finding Earth Science I would visit department store cosmetic counters for a Lancome product. I've also heard some good things about a Canadian product called Green Beaver-they have a winter ski cream. I would look at your essential fatty acid intake too. Dry skin should be nourished on a cellular level too. Yes transdermal absorption occurs from the chemicals in these products. Hair, deodorant, body creams, etc My friend rubs olive oil into her skin each morning and night. I've used coconut oil. Hope that helps KG and ask if you have any more questions.
              Look forward to seeing you more Eve.
              xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

March On Moderators

Eve, I don't get what's going on with your notifications. It should be that any time you post on any thread, from that point forward you should get a message either in your User CP, or via e-mail (if that's the option you chose) each and every time someone posts subsequent to that. Why don't you try going into several different threads, and just posting the word "testing" and see if you get notification. I guess it's possible that if there's a long lapse or something that you won't get notified (I don't think so but....). Another thing you can do is go to your User CP and click on the left where it says "List Subscriptions" -- to see what the site says you've subscribed to............

RC, thanks for this information - hope everything is okay. Are you down or just not feeling chatty? No need to reply if you don't want. Sending you a hug:l

xx,
                KG

Comment

March On Moderators

Eve, this just came to me. If you post on a thread and then someone posts but you don't go see that post, you will not get another notification until you go back to the thread. Could that be it?

Comment

March On Moderators

Hi all!
                    Well I feel I have just come home from a fairly successfull night as far as alcohol is concerned. I arrived at the music venue and went to the bar, I scoured the selection and found that nothing appealed to me, soI chose a lemonade to start. I sat on that for the first music set and then thought I would try a beer. I purchased the beer and on tasting it ( gave it a couple of tries ) I realised that I just did not enjoy that particular make of beer ( this would never have mattered before- there was alcohol, content! ) So I chose not to drink it, instead a wee while later I purchased ( well, luckily a friend did ) a glass of wine for me which I drank over the best part of an hour and the last set and I enjoyed it very much : )
                    Hoorah for small steps!
                    KG , wow that's really great the way you are viewing alcohol now. Perhaps you may just want to pick up drink when the mood really, really strikes or at fancy events etc...There is a long term modder... Sunshine something that appears to do just that and it seems to work for her...she calls herself a 'sometimes drinker'...there is alot of power in that! I love the sound of ' Ah, you know what, I can take it or leave it', what a great sentence!
                    Best of luck in whatever path you choose to take, mine is yet to be determined! I do though understand how sometimes even 1-2 drinks is just not worth it as it can really effect the following day.
                    Hope march is coming along nicely for all xxx SJ
                    I am Perfectly Imperfect!

Comment

March On Moderators

Gidget - well I admire this accomplishment you just posted. See, that would be really hard for me. The social setting. I'm so good at home, but really want to yeehaw it when with others. Luckily for me, my life is mostly at home, and the rare occasion is going out, so it should take care of itself. It's not that I go nuts on the amount when with friends, but I don't really want to stop at 2. I can stop at 4 however. So, I'm going to be satisfied with that for now. And, as you say, maybe I can evolve into a take it or leave it person. That would be powerful!

RC, I'm a little worried about you and hope you're doing better today. I'm here if you need to chat or vent.

Eve, hope you get the notification thing figured out. Peace, hope you're doing well.

Have a great Friday everyone.

xx,
                      KG

Comment

March On Moderators

Welcome Friday and g'day Modders.
                        Sorry to be quiet--don't want you to worry KG. I just have my brain space overloaded right now. Kinda sensitive to share on the board. Pm your email address and I would be happy to share more specifically. I'm good al wise-although I've been tempted to pick up a little more than I would like--but I haven't!! Yah!
                        Wishing you all a wonderful day! xo

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

March On Moderators

RC, good for you being strong. I sent you my e-mail address.

xx,
                          KG

Comment

March On Moderators

Thanks KG. I have some hope now and I intend to be my best me. xo

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

March On Moderators

Got your email at the store KG. I can access it at home but with dial up it's difficult to keep more than one window open. It times out quite a bit. Look forward to continuing the conversation for sure. Hope you're having a good night. xo

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

March On Moderators

Oh, wow, dial up RC? You have my sympathies.

OK, ladies (and gents if any come along -- what happened to Ken from Canberra?), did not sleep well last night after 3 drinks. Shit! I just hate the way alcohol screws with my sleep. Woke up at 2:30 and couldn't go back - very frustrating. I didn't feel drunk at all when I went to bed yet...........yet............ Had such a nice night too - hubs and I bbqd salmon, sat outside on the deck, beautiful weather, etc.. Frustrating because the last time I drank I slept..............the ever moving target. However, I don't sleep perfectly every AF night. Overall, though, MUCH better than with al.

RC, does alcohol affect your sleep?

Off to do other stuff. Hope everyone has a good day. So sad about what's going on in Japan -- and now the nuclear reactor dilemma (scary). And, of course, it's right on the water (nice). Crazy world...........

Comment

Working...
                                X