March On Moderators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March On Moderators

Good morning---embarrassed and sad to report I went well over my limit last night. Visiting friends for awhile and had fun but continued with a few more once I got home. Not pleased with myself obviously. It's hard to explain why. I just really wanted to decompress. Well goal achieved and I'm deflated today.
    KG-I'd say with a "normal" drinking night my sleep is a bit interrupted but I don't wake up and not get back to sleep. I haven't heard about the nuclear reactor but will google later. Yes, the world is going crazy!! Will check in later.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

March On Moderators

Hey RC. Well sometimes we just go with the moment. You'll feel better tomorrow. Hey, life is a struggle - at times more of one than at other times.

xx,
      KG

Comment

March On Moderators

learning process

Ringing Cedars;1075081 wrote: Good morning---embarrassed and sad to report I went well over my limit last night. Visiting friends for awhile and had fun but continued with a few more once I got home. Not pleased with myself obviously. It's hard to explain why. I just really wanted to decompress. Well goal achieved and I'm deflated today.
        KG-I'd say with a "normal" drinking night my sleep is a bit interrupted but I don't wake up and not get back to sleep. I haven't heard about the nuclear reactor but will google later. Yes, the world is going crazy!! Will check in later.
        hi gang just got bac from the carribean,so i thot i d drop in,nothing to be embarassed of, R C, this is a life time thing just like over drinking but at least you r aware of the hazard it may cause ,adjusting one s life styl,not something i use to do,when we get to the awkward ness of of being anebriated,we are somewhat normal in my view,:thanks::goodjob:gyco

Comment

March On Moderators

darn it s good to be back hahahaha

Comment

March On Moderators

Hi Gyco - glad you're back.

Comment

March On Moderators

hi k g it is nice to be back,felt like alice in wonderland for a week,welcome back to reality,i did actually quite well,i beleive i moderated as best as possible,no nights a dont remember,but ive givin up on the idea of saying i m normal ? hashaahahahah start back to work on monday,normally i would lose my grip , but only time will tell , all keep all posted,as were aware this is a great place to share knowledge thanx gang for being here gyco

Comment

March On Moderators

Gyco, you make me smile.

Comment

March On Moderators

Morning KG, Gyco and All. Welcome back Gyco--glad your holiday was fun and a time of remembrance! Hope you slept better last night KG. I saw the news coverage on Japan yesterday. Holy hell--this continued global devastation really does leave one to wonder where we are headed and what's next. My brain is simply overloaded with it and combined with my own problems I feel slightly paralyzed tbh. I can say, without getting preachy, that I'm glad I asked Jesus to be my saviour in 1997. It does offer hope if not clear understanding.
                  Before finding MWO I was beginning to binge drink for a couple of days in a row, so I am encouraged with my progress, as I did not continue drinking through the weekend. Not perfect but, nor will I ever be, but definite improvement. Gyco your words always seem to put a different slant on this problem. Thank you! Wishing everyone a happy Sunday! xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

March On Moderators

RC, it is daunting to watch what's going on in the world to be sure -- can be depressing to the point of debilitation. I pull up the news online, read as little as possible, and then move on to keep from getting too down. I don't watch it on TV any more. They say the earthquake, though, was almost a given -- you know, fault lines, etc. I don't guess earthquakes are tied to global warming. But, so many of the other things going on weather wise are. I don't understand why we're not doing more with wind, solar, etc. I think we're taking baby steps, but the progress seems so slow. As we're seeing in Japan, nuclear comes with big risks. That nuclear plant had a partial melt down of one of its reactors, so that shit is going into the air.

I'm glad you didn't have another bad night, RC. I had 4 drinks with hubs and slept (yay). Tonight I'll go back to AF for the rest of the week. I plan to go for a jog today and try to exercise a lot this coming week.

Not sure if there will be any other visitors to this thread today, but we'll keep things going just in case.

Have a good day!

KG

Comment

March On Moderators

KG--glad you slept well. Wonder if my explanation in the pm is right? I live in a location that is considered a safe zone as far as tectonic plates and their activity goes. We sit pretty much in the middle of a plate and earthquakes only happen 3% of the time off the edges. Many people are drawn to this area for that reason. I'm also a couple hours away from the nearest nuclear site. Apparently considered safely out of direct harm from a meltdown or explosion. I must say that is one reason I would not want to return to the city. I just can't imagine what people are going through. I don't understand why they aren't spraying those damn reactors down with sea water already!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

March On Moderators

Good Monday morning. The rest of my weekend was uneventful--no drinking but still trying to absorb the emotional shocks of the world and life in general. How did the running go KG? I couldn't run due to a severely damaged knee, but I do need to start and stay on an exercise regime. I've done it in the past and it sure helps maintain a positive attitude. Running late--hope to see some checking in. Have a good one! xo

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

March On Moderators

Hi RC, just checking in. Had a busy morning - just go back from a run. I'm trying to make sure I get lots of exercise because if I don't I immediately start adding on weight. Luckily I'm at a good weight now and have never had problems keeping it off, but I have to work at it by jogging and eating right. The older I get, the more I have to work at it!

Glad your weekend settled down. I hear you about knee problems - I worry that I'm going to hurt mine, but they seem fine. Guess I'm willing to take the risk to keep the weight off. Sometimes I just walk - walking is great if you do it briskly. Is that an option for you? I go 3 miles. How's your business coming along?

Not much going on here - had a nice day out yesterday. Shopped at Whole Foods which I love, and then had a really nice dinner out. Was very fun!

xx,
                          KG

Comment

March On Moderators

Hello---been a very long while since I've posted on here. Gidget..I'm with you, I CANNOT have alcohol in the house; but my husband enjoys beer and wine. It will never be an AF house. But with that said, I managed & MONTHS AF!!!!! NOt even a smell of it, when I tried to moderate. First drink was in NYC in December on a special trip and all it was was an after dinner coffee --which after not drinking for 7 months--actually gave me a buzz (had severla liquers in it). But that was it. Later a trip to AZ with my hubby (AND NO KIDS) had me sipping a pina colada poolside with him and toasts of champagne for Valentine's Day..Yay! Things are going well...later a lunch with a dear friend who totally cracks me up turned into an afternoon with 3 glasses of wine (but wasn't drunk at all). So, I thought when champagne after kids were in bed while hubby was out of town would be OK---drank the whole bottle that night--felt horrible and realized that is A LOT when you have been AF for so long. Scared me so got back on track...until a night this Friday, I drank a whole bottle of REd with husband--we were having fun, amazing sex...but OMG, the hangover!!! This one stint has scared me...it scared because I had already had two glasses before he got home..he didn't know. So what have I learned? I do very well drinking socially but not so well ALONE. The alone time before was what got me in trouble. So I think if you are going to moderate, you have to KNOW your limits and you have to have rules. Like mine are I do not drink alone EVER not ever. And rule number 2 if can be possible is not to drink in my house, but only at social events like cocktail party, etc. b/c then I only have 2, max 3. I feel terrible for Friday ngiht--I mean ashamed, but I have to put it behind me. I wonder if of you others have made out some "RULES' of your own so that you can manage the moderation...otherwise, I don't think it's for me, but my hubby and I are VERY social, and it just feels soooooo weird going to every single party without one single drink!!! Ughh...I feel a bit in pergatory here. I mean I went 7 months AF, that's HUGE!!!! Does anyone think the "rules" with maybe me writing them out and then reading them everyday in meditations will keep me modding at safe place?? Love this site; you all sound great! :-)
                            Part of learning is getting it Wrong.
                            The past is gone forever. Keep it Moving.

Comment

March On Moderators

Keg, I think how we approach modding is such an individual thing. For me, it seems that when I make rules up in my mind that I end up breaking them. I have "loose" rules for myself. I'm trying to be motivated by naturally choosing not to drink just to feel good the next day. You could try different things. I have and am still sorting through what works and doesn't work for me. I think it takes time and revamping. It does seem, though, that not having alcohol in your house would be prudent!!

Good luck - we are here to listen and look forward to seeing what method you employ and how it works for you!

RC - where are you?

KG

Comment

March On Moderators

Good Morning All - just stopping in to say hi. RC, sorry we have been missing each other. Hope everything is okay with you.:l

Things are good here - af night last night, so I slept pretty well. Woke up early, but still feel good because of no al.

Hope everyone achieves their goals today. Thinking of the horrible mess in Japan - our problems seem small, don't they?

xx,
                                KG

Comment

Working...
                                X