Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

controlling binge drinking

Welshgirl,
    Nice post from MightyMite who gave you the info (newbie's nest) I was trying to tell you about. I sent you a private message. We are here for you but I think for the beginning you'll get better help at newbie's nest to begin your journey here.
    :l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Welshgirl, don't feel alone. There are more people out there that can relate to you than you realize. I'm no angel, and I definitely had a night last night when I drank a little too much, but I can and have had like 1 or 3 drinks and thats it. There are triggers that will cause me to have more (we all have them), sometimes, I know what they (or I think I do) are. However, I tend to have to agree with the previous two posters, I think you need to stay away from alcohol for awhile....it is obviously hurting your life, and you deserve to have a great life, just like everyone else.

Counseling is a good first step, it also shows your partner that your serious.

Have a great weekend, and as someone pointed out...one day at a time.

Comment

Binge Drinking

Hi guys,

I've been reading your posts and was just wondering if anyone could really share their story with me to give me some more information about themselves and why they think they turned to alcohol.

Im a student at university in Southampton and just wondering if you could enlighten me a little bit about the ambitions, dreams, career prospects, family, etc in your life. Just so that i could get an idea on who you are and what may have triggered off your binge drinking in the first place. I want to raise awareness to people that binge drinking doesn't just occur among students but it also affects other people outside this category, people that you would less likely think it would affect because of age, etc. However, in the UK this clearly is not the case and it would be interesting to chat with you about this because I want people to understand and in a way get it out of there heads that binge drinking is a very serious issue and can affect virtually anyone, not just students.

Thank you so much for your time in reading this and i really hope you could get back to me. My email address is: amydaniellefrench@live.co.uk - If you could respond to this account that would be fantastic, as i check my emails everyday from that account. Thank you once again.

Amy x

Comment

Amy - not sure my triggers or reasons would be much use to your research but I will share anyway and I hope to learn more about what you are doing and what you uncover as I recently sent my 18 year old off to University and he is pledging a fraternity and I worry about binge drinking all the time.

I am a 35 year old mother of one son (mentioned above) I got pregnant at 16 and had him at 17 (just a summer fling), his dad was not ready to become a parent and took a bad path into methamphetamine's for the7-8 years of his life. I rose to the occasion and with the support of my family graduated high school with honors and was able to gain employment and support us....

His dad eventually cleaned up and came back and we fell in love and got married, bought a house, have great jobs, son was absolutely wonderful....

I had gained a lot of weight and then worked real hard to loose over 60lbs and wanted to get that relaxed feeling I got from a few beers but did not want the calories so I decided to do a shot or two to get there.... that got out of control real fast and I was drinking a pint a day plus beers EVERY day, this went on for about 2 years.

In July I came off of a really bad 3 day weekend bender, found this site and have been working on it ever since... I no longer drink liquor at at all (I have had a shot or two when out since then but no more than that).... now I am working on moderate drinking on weekends only.... I have not had a drink since last Sunday but probably will have a few beers this evening...

Well thanks for allowing me to blow thru the last 15m or work... I'm outtie, keep me posted on where this takes you....
          And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

welshgirl;1245159 wrote: I cant just have a few drinks, my brain kicks into binge drinking mode immediately. Last night I drank so much I ended up in the flat of a young guy - thankfully I had the sense to leave before I did anything stupid, as I have a partner. When I am drunk, I think its clever to play little games, lie and say I'm foreign even though I live in a small town and ill get caught out. I tell people my darkest secrets and embellish them for attention. I'm ruining my own good name, and my 11 year relationship with my wonderful partner. He's staying at a friends because I got so drunk last weekend that I came home, threw food at him and threw up. I'm trying to persuade him not to leave me. I'm 27, and I hate myself for being this way. I'm going to get counselling before I lose everything, including my sanity.
            If anyone has any advice, id gratefully receive it - I feel so alone.
            Hey honey I would seriously consider seeing a doctor about this - sounds like theres more to it than alcohol alone. You may find this behaviour may be due to an underlying condition - not condoning the drinking or the behaviour but I'm bipolar and it sounds kinda familiar. Not saying you're bipolar either, but you need to talk to a health professional IMHO.
            Cashy xx
            "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Lets Get Mortal - <a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2KNKD22">Click here

Hey guys,:new:

I am a binge drinker, it was all because of Uni and trying ot make new friends i think. I am now trying to do an advertising campaign to help others like me out. But first i need to find my target audience. Please help fill out my Binge Drinking form. Its only 10 questions

lease:

Thanks peeps!
              :thanks:

Comment

Working...
              X