X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April Mod Squad

Hi Cher and j-vo,

Well done Cher on the three drinks!

J-vo I also have ten pounds to lose. I take it week by week so it's day one again for me.

No more chocolates!
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi girls. Cher, absolutely love the idea. How fun! Yes rebirth, trying to shed some unwanted pounds. I did both treadmill and just dance. That really burns good calories. I also think im going to go abs for awhile because just like you said rebirth, I want to eat when I drink. I also want to keep in the front of my brain im not a Normie drinker, therefore im looking to do ab time. I think that will be good for my mind as far as my maintenance program goes as well as shedding some lbs. Have a great night.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

April Mod Squad

j-vo, great idea to go abs now and then, I have thought of that as a way to keep everything in check,
        you are so right that I cannot think I'm a normie, duh that is definitely not true for me.either. with the weather getting better losing weight might get easier too. I do know that when I don't drink I crave sugar way more too. I know I need to drink more water too.
        take care gals.
        May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi Cher and j-vo,

An AA friend of mine asked if I would like to go out for a coffee on friday night so I suggested we combined it with an AA meeting. It wont be a home group meeting and it will be my first since november last year. I am quite happy with that arrangement as I wanted to cut down on the calories anyway. I will let you know how I get on.

Been good so far with the diet. J-vo have you tried Jillian Michael's dvds? She kicks some serious ass!!Are you counting calories? I also run on the treadmill but only once a week for twenty minutes. I should workout every day. This weeekend I am planning to be in control of my eating rather than the usual pig out. I am determined to drop some pounds!
          Be strong-
          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi girls.
            Cher, in the resp. Drinking book, they recommend doing 30 days in beginning and if you feel the need to do another 30 it could be beneficial to some. I think I need to be careful so im going to put some ab time in! Nothing wrong with an ab weekend and I know I can do it as I did for 6 months and was not in the least bored.

Rebirth, that sounds like an interesting plan. Tell me how it goes. I still have not heard from any aa friends friends and am hurt by that even after I attempted to get together with a few girls.

I really like jillian! She does kick ass! She's on the biggest loser show but this is her last season as she wants to adopt a baby and start family.

Have a great night.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi j-vo,

Thats just really hurtful that they are not getting in contact? Were they "close" friends of yours?

Excitement is in the air. Everyone is looking forward to this royal wedding tomorrow!
              Be strong-

Comment

April Mod Squad

I thought they were. We planned meetings together, dinners, called, tested, but I guess they want to keep to themselves. So what I thought were my friends, were not. There's more to life than aa meetings. And just because I went down a different road doesn't mean im a different person. Im roman catholic but that does not mean I don't have jewish friends! I can appreciate others differences and respect them. But that's not how they think I would assume, because if they did, I wouldhave heard back from them. Its not like I would ask them to go out for a beer or anything.

Im getting ready for the big wedding. I've got my dvr set to tape it
                . I've been watching the entertainment news intently all week! Are u going to have a get together with friends to watch the big event?

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi everyone,

Hey rebirth, Is everyone getting excited about the wedding???? I am going to record it. Its on at 1am my time!! re: abstinence, I did notice when I restarted drinking wine, the biggest change for me after being abs for 9 months is the increase in bloating!!! even with small amounts. So having long stretches without Al will keep me in check about what Al does to the bod! Rebirth keep us posted how it goes heading back to AA.

Have either of you ever tried Weight watchers online?? I was thinking about doing to force me to write down what I eat. I think that will help me. I am carefully measuring the Al but not the sugar!!!
                  Just thinking. and re: Jillian... I have done her DVD''s and can't walk the next day ))
                  May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

April Mod Squad

Good Sunday morning!
                    Well, I'm still watching the wedding as I recorded it so I could take in all the commentators comments! I love learning all these little, sometimes useless facts. My brain craves that stuff! I've seen all of the biggest moments, but I want to see absolutely everything from beginning to end. Kate looked absolutely lovely. What a beautiful girl. And of course, William, handsome as ever!

I have tried weight watchers, but not online. It's probably the best diet around as far as I'm concerned. You learn portion control and what to eat. I've got a weight watchers cook book and use it from time to time. You can't go wrong with that program.

I stuck with my exercise routine this week. Today, I plan to get my cardio and toning videos in. I think sticking with that is the most important for me.

Last night, my son had a birthday party to go to, as well as all of his friends, so we went to dinner with a few other parents. We stopped at a bar for a drink, then went to dinner. So I had three glasses of wine, and lots of food. I had planned AF, but I caved last night. I'm not feeling bad, though, as I didn't go overboard. And it was a nice evening with others. Talk to you soon!

Comment

April Mod Squad

Hi J-vo and Cher,

I was planning on an AA meeting with a friend of mine last friday but she wanted to go to a home group one and I just didnt want to meet any of the people who go to that meeting.I know the memebers really well and I also know that they do not approve of the way I tackle my drinking issue.
                      Anyway, in the end I did meet up with the group afterwards for "drinks" through gentle persuasion from my friend.
                      In a nutshell the evening went okay until one of them asked me if I was still drinking. I said I was still successfully moderating and very happy with my progress.. in which one of them preceeded to give me a rather tedious lecture on how I cant possibly be.
                      God he went on and on..reciting parts from the big book etc. Telling me that the only way is to abstain and go to AA meetings...blah blah bl...I will not suceed without AA..blah blah..I am in denial.. blah blah.

Thankfully my friend stuck up for me and shut them all to shut up.

Some people have become way too brainwashed by AA. It's their way or the highway. Utter rubbish! It's very clear that I cannot attend AA meetings when I am moderating. I will not have people telling me that I have failed before I have even tried.

Otherwise, I had another lovely weekend. x
                      Be strong-

Comment

April Mod Squad

j-vo,
                        Glad that you dont feel bad. Your guilt is somthing positive and it's just keeping you on your toes. The fact that you had three glasses and didnt get hungover nor black out etc is a good thing.
                        x
                        Be strong-

Comment

Working...
                        X