May Modders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Modders

Undercover Boss and Secret Millionaire for me but both are cancelled now! :-(

Started watching "The Voice" and love that one. Have watched and taped a bunch of intervention ones. Heartbreaking and sad when the person relapses.

No drinks this week for me other than 1 glass of wine when we went out for dinner tonight. That was it. No crazy urgings for more when we got home. In a good place.

Great postings going on gang. Let's keep each other strong!
    :l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

May Modders

Good morning modders,
      A gloomy grey day and my scales say I have put on half a pound. How is that??Gonna ignore that because my clothes are definitely more comfortable to wear.

I love American Idol! Who are we voting for? I did think that Pia should have stayed longer...but maybe people were bored of her voice?

Anyway, today is friday and I usually allow myself a couple of glassses of wine. But it's gym first! Got a circuit workout at 6pm and I am looking forward to a good workout.

Have a lovely day all.
      Remember: Live in the solution and not the problem.
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

May Modders

rebirth;1110521 wrote:
        Remember: Live in the solution and not the problem.
        Great words of wisdom Rebirth and a great way to start our day!

I usually start watching A.Idol when they're down to 8 people, but just didn't do it this time. However "The Voice" caught my attention and I honestly think they have some pretty talented people.

Off to work and then a play tonight. Will allow myself 2 drinks only, so maybe 1 with the play and a nightcap afterwards. We have to remember, for those of us who are able to mod, we can have two drinks and enjoy the experience enough because we are not dependent on AL. Our tolerance has not built up to the point that we need 3 or 4 drinks to get a buzz. Honestly, I can feel the effects of half a glass of wine! So, as long as I stop at two (tend to get hangovers or feel demotivated or depressed with more), I find I can still enjoy AL in my life. Just have to keep working at stopping at two because I know I have a faulty turn off switch and once I get started, I'm loving the taste, loving the buzz, and the judgement goes out the window when I think I can have more and not suffer consequences.

Here's to a successful week-end.
        :l
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

May Modders

Hi Modders!

Happy Friday! It's been a long, long week! Busy.

Cher and Rebirth, I've never burned myself in the kitchen while cooking, because my hubby has always done the cooking in our house. He loves to cook and gets so much satsifaction out of it. He looks forward to the weekend when he can make loads of food for the week or freeze some of it. It's when I was cleaning and sweeping, I'd bump into things and end up with these ugly bruises on my legs!

Cher, yes I got a kick out of Gary Busey, and I was bummed out when I heard about Hope going home. I'd hoped it was Star that got the boot, or even NeNe.

Rebirth, my favorite on Idol was Casey, but now it's James Durban. They're all fantastic, and I have a thing for my first country crooner, Scotty. He's so sweet and damn, can he sing!

Eve, I heard the Voice is getting great reviews. Haven't seen it yet, but plan to catch an episode of it. Thanks for those good reminders Eve. Also remember that the positive effects of al start to go away after the second or third glass, and there's no benefit physically or mentally after that.

Rebirth, muscle tone is heavier, but fat is larger. So when you're building muscle tone, your clothes will fit much better, although the scale may not tell you what you want to see. Don't worry. Just keep working out. I had another awesome workout last night.

Tonight, hubby and I have a 50th surprise birthday party to go to. My son's sleeping over a friend's house and so we are going on a date! Yippy! But I will count and be very careful. And of course eat. I'm happy to just get out and wear a new outfit that actually looks good on me!

Have a wonderful night.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

May Modders

Hi all,

J-vo, goodluck with your party, sounds like fun , enjoy !
            re: american Idol, I now like James too!! He is very talented. Scotty has my heart too. can't help it.
            The girls don't have it this year.
            I watched the voice only once but I might have to get into that one!

Rebirth, do not be discouraged if you have been going to the gym 5 days a week there are plateau's,
            I am a Physical therapist and as j-vo said, muscle weighs more than fat and as you said , its how the clothes feel. don't sweat a half a pound!!!!! sheesh.

Going to my Mom's for Mom's day , with my two daughters, a real treat since they are busy 20 somethings. They are cooking brunch for us. yay. grey and cold weekend again here too.

Eve: you are so right, after my 9 months abs, I feel the buzz after 1 drink, and I intend to keep it that way.
            May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

May Modders

Made it through my first moderate drinking experience since I started refocusing. I had an annual industry event tonight, which is a big deal - open bar for close to two hours, then dinner with lots of wine. I was there with my boss, so I was happy to fetch us drinks throughout the open bar, as I could get myself sparkling water with a lime, which looked festive enough.

I made it through dinner and the conversations afterward with two classes of red wine, so I was well within my limits. A few colleagues tried to top off my glass, but I let them know that I needed to have my wits about me for a 10 am dance lesson with my fiancee.

To be honest, I had a lot less fun than I usually do. However, I will take that and the respect of the people I interact with on a constant basis over reputational damage.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend and keep up the workouts!

Comment

May Modders

Hi J-Vo, Eve, Cher, ECD, Lolo and any other modders.

Eve- two is my limit pending on the measurements. The uk pubs serve wine in either 125ml or 175ml. I allow myself a maximum of two glasses of 175ml but more if it’s the smaller measurement. However, I had my two glasses of wine at the pub last night but have woken up feeling very tired and despondant.Need matchsticks to keep my eyes open. I am turning into a right lightweight! Maybe its because I am eating healthily and exercising thats making my body react badly to AL?
                But I am not beating myself up. Still think I did well as my friends were trying to get me to drink tequila slammers.I could have drank them but I resisted. On the other hand, my BF drank the whole bar and is suffering from a hangover today. In the space of a few hours he drank seven pints and five double shots of whiskey. He then ordered a ridiculous amount of Chinese food to takeaway, spilt most of it down his shirt and then stumbled on the stairs and bumped his head. Looks like he has grown another brain on his forehead as the bump is huge. He cant remember a thing

That was a reminder of what I don’t ever want to be like!! I am tired but I remember every conversation and movement I made last night. I also did not binge eat and chose to make something healthy at home.

Cher and j-vo- I definitely have gained more muscle mass in the past three weeks. A friend of mine has noticed that I am thinner so I am going the right path. I love working out anyways. I get such a high from it! Planning to do a run after work. Not a long one because I feel tired. I see why athletes don’t drink as it really does hinder your performance. But will ignore what the scales say and focus more on how I feel in my clothes.

ECD- Good on you! Good attitude.

Have a lovely productive Saturday all.
                Be strong-
                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

May Modders

groan..still tired. Think I will skip the run today.
                  Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

Morning Modders!

Last night was a good time at the 50th birthday party. He was really surprised. I had two glasses of lite beer before dinner, water and lots of food, waited a while, then I had two more glasses of beer while the dancing went on. It seems to me that lite beer is much less potent than wine. I like the fact that I don't get bloated from it. I rarely drank it in my heavy drinking days, as I didn't get much of a buzz from it, but I have to say, it was a perfect choice for the festivities. The other choice was white zinfendel box wine, and that did not appeal to me. So I feel that considering the time and what I drank was a success for me. I had a great time!

Cher, that sounds lovely tomorrow! Enjoy being with your girls and mom.

ECD, it's great to hear you had a successful evening. It's kind of strange when we make these changes and it feels different, but like you said, you don't want to ruin your reputation.

Rebirth, is that a photo of you? You are gorgeous! And, wow, that is a lot of drinking your friend did. Yes, a good reminder of where you never want to go. Good control! And don't get down on yourself about not working out today. Everyone needs a break. I'm taking a break today as well.

Tomorrow morning, we are doing the 5k Race for the Cure for breast cancer. My sister and some friends will meet in town by 7 a.m. My mom is a breast cancer survivor. This is my first time doing the walk, and I'm looking forward to it. So no al for me today, as I will be getting up before the sun!

Have a happy mother's day tomorrow all!
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

May Modders

Happy Mom's Day girls!

This morning woke up at 5:00 to go to the breast cancer walk downtown. There were 30,000 people there! They had lots of tents with a lot of good, healthy drinks, fatty donuts, healthy bagels and more including macy's discount coupons... They had music, cheerleaders, and wow, the happy people there was incredible. That was my first time and my sisters and I will go again next year. It was a 3.1 mile walk or 5k. There were lots of hills to walk up and down which made it a little challenging but not too much as we talked the whole time.

My hubby made a really great dinner for mother's day and we shared a good bottle of wine. Perfect day! Hope yours was the same.

Comment

May Modders

Hi all,
                        J-vo- I read your post Sunday Monday and was envious that you were doing a walk.Arnt you active! Yes thats a picture of me. Thanks for the compliment. x

So Saturday night I met up with friends to watch a live band. It was a lovely evening and again I paced my drinking.I had about four glasses of wine in the space of an evening. Sunday was a barbeque in which I had one glass of wine with my meal. In theory I had another successful modding weekend...
                        But how do I feel this Monday morning? I feel absolutely shattered.Disappointed with myself. I ate alot of processed foods yesterday..sausage, kebabs, potato chips, breaded chicken etc. My will power to eat healthily disappeared by Sunday so I overate.

I have decided that I need to have the odd AL free weekends and drink less when I do want to drink. I feel amazing when I eat right and exercise. The natural high is very addictive and I love watching the Sunday joggers.They are up first thing in the morning for their run. I want to be just like that and I cant see whats stopping me. Although I am drinking small qautities of AL, it still demotivates me and affects my general performance.

So this weekend I wish to be AL free. My BF wants to do the as he is embarrassed by his state on the weekend.

Cher- I was given two raspberry plants as well as fifteen strawberry plants. They are now in planted in my garden. Any tips for growing raspberries?
                        Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

Hi Rebirth,
                          Don't be so hard on yourself! You had a good time, and yesterday was Mother's day, so you should have indulged in yummy treats. But it's also a good idea to put in Al free weekends from time to time. How about this...Let's do AL free this coming weekend. I could use a friend to do this with and some encouragement. I have no parties to go to like this past weekend, and I'd like to stay on my healthy eating plan (not counting calories, just exercise and eat right amounts). Let me know. And speaking of treats, after our nice dinner, I had carrot cake which was the most delicious I've ever had! I had a huge piece. But...I'm going to walk at the track today, as it's beautiful here.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

May Modders

Hello to all. I am new here, so not sure about how to post. But I drank a big vodka tonic followed by a huge bottle of wine yesterday. This has got to stop. I absolutely detest myself. I have no excuse. My life is wonderful. Why do I do this? Stay up til 3a.m. drinking! HELP!

Comment

May Modders

Hi Crocus- Welcome to MYO. I know that feeling of self loathing really well. You ddrink because alcohol is very very addictive. It tricks you into a false sense of security. But it's possible to get back your control. Have you posted in the beginners section? Most people start out there. Let me know if you need further help. x

Hi j-vo. We seem to want the same out of our moderation program so lets support each other. Lets do this together! I have arranged outings to go to on the weekend, gym classes to go in the evenings. I have to stay strong on the weekend. We can do this...

Anyway. Just did a half hour workout so I am feeling better already.
                              Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

Rebirth and J-vo I would like to join you in a AL free weekend this weekend. I did pretty good last weekend I had 5 drinks on Friday (not good) and 2 on Sat and none on sunday. I too get demotivated over the weekend and feel like I have to "recover" even though I was not hungover. I think a couple of al free weekends a month would be good. So al free for us three this weekend?
                                You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                                Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Working...
                                X