Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Modders

Hi Ladies,
    The last few days have been somewhat hellish. I was out last night at our board meeting until almost 10:00. They've cut officially, now, 49 teachers, 2 administrators, all security, secretaries, lunch ladies, and aides. The rest will supposedly be learned tomorrow; that is, what positions they will move us into, what schools.... It's quite unsettling, and everyone is on edge.

I blew it this weekend as well. After all the cuts on Friday, I came home and lay on the couch and didn't move until Sat. Sat., we went to dinner and I had wine, three glasses. But next week is another weekend. I'd like to try again.

Congrats on your weight loss Rebirth! Keep up the good work.

Cher, I'd love also to have a few glasses a day, but for me, that would lead to failure! I know some people can do that, no problem. But that's good you can stop at one!

I bought L-glut to help my sugar cravings. Sat. night after dinner, I had a nice big oreo ice-cream treat. And I've been having treats, lots of them. I think some of it's this stressful time with school, and not knowing where I'll be teaching next year.

Take care all.
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

May Modders

Hi Cher and j-vo

Cher- We just need to always remind myself that we are not normal drinkers and will never be. I think that’s enough for us not to slip off the edge. But it’s still a learning curve and I also accept that I can make mistakes. So long as it’s not often! And if it is then it needs to be addressed.One day at a time. How is Lucy doing? My raspberry bush has definitely died sadly.

j-vo- I could have beat myself up because I didn’t go AF this weekend but hell, it was only three glasses of wine and I didn’t wake up with a hangover on Sunday. Even my BF didn’t manage to go AF this weekend. Infact he drank loads all weekend.
      I have been taking L-Glut for about a week now and I think it makes me irritable…but I am not sure. As for the sugar cravings, I don’t see a change as yet. But I try to be disciplined with my food anyways. Let me know what you think.

Its interesting how we all have different ideas of whats acceptable drinking or not. Like you said j-vo, some people drink a couple of glasses of wine a day ( dangerous for me!) and others abstain all week and get trashed on the weekends( dangerous for me). My BF drinks a lot but he has a high tolerance level. He abuses drink but is definitely not an addict because he could easily drink orange juice if he wanted to. I cant do that. I have to have a certain mindset when it comes to AL and I know that it’s better for me to have decent periods of abstinence to keep my cravings at bay. Some may think it’s hard work but I don’t find it so. I use a similar principle to my food. I can pig out and put on weight or eat in moderation and stay happy with myself. It is also about choices.
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

May Modders

wow. I had a great workout today. My stamina is increasing by the week.

So where is everyone?
        Be strong-
        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

May Modders

Hi rebirth,

I worked a long day today. and its finally a sunny day today so not much computer time.
          I agree we all have our own ideas and guilt trips re: AL,
          I know its our own path. what is acceptable to each of us and if it is fitting with the lifestyle we want.
          I am a very active person , also tendency towards anxiety thus the desire to "relax with a drink" and also the desire to exercise to counter act that.
          I know that I sure can beat myself up about every little thing, and then get pissed at myself for doing that.

I need to stay busy and not feel bad about that. I often feel envious of people who can just be so mellow and just do "nothing" often, I cannot... and I need to remind myself there is nothing wrong with that.
          May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

May Modders

Hi Girls,
            I think the main thing is to do what works for us/you. I think we have good ideas of our triggers, what leads us to the bad places we never want to return to. We also have the awareness that it's imperative that we always be watchful of how and when we drink. Abnormies! I think we know, too, that it feels better when we don't indulge most of the time. As we get older, it's harder to keep up with a lot of things, and drink only makes it more difficult. So, here's to always being aware. Moderation in everything we do. Count, drink slowly, when we do drink. I need to pick up my Responsible Drinking book and start to reread, because I can get complacent, and I don't want that to happen.

Have a great day!
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

May Modders

j-vo;1113124 wrote: Hi Modders,
              Hi Eve! Tell me how the Dukan Diet works. Low carbs, counting calories? Good luck!
              Here are sites to check out. I cannot rave enough about this plan. Restrictive at first yes, but doesn't wreck your vital organs (like Atkins), and the super restrictive is phase is not very long (only 3 days if less than 20 lbs). I am loving it!

The Dukan Diet just got better: Now you can eat gourmet food AND stay slim | Mail Online

Dukan Diet Fast Weight Loss Diary

Good blog
              My Dukan Diet - Recipes and Diet Tips

p.s. My thoughts are with you in this difficult time of transition. Remember, "The only constant in life is change". Things always seem to have a way of working out the way they are supposed to so try to remember that and not get too anxious. It WILL work out! :-)

Cherbear,
              I apologize I never responded about your beloved Lucy!! :-( For newbies, please remember sometimes a person just jumps to the last post and doesn't necessarily have time to read previous ones, so never feel ignored. Finally had time today to read all of the posts and noticed I had missed that info. I am SO sorry as pets are like family to those of us who love them.

Lots to do so I'm off running gang. Have a great rest of the week.

:l
              Eve11
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

May Modders

Cherbear;1116838 wrote:
                I am a very active person , also tendency towards anxiety thus the desire to "relax with a drink" and also the desire to exercise to counter act that.
                I know that I sure can beat myself up about every little thing, and then get pissed at myself for doing that.

I need to stay busy and not feel bad about that. I often feel envious of people who can just be so mellow and just do "nothing" often, I cannot... and I need to remind myself there is nothing wrong with that.
                That sounds exactly like me?!"Relax to drink"..yes that was a hard habit to shake off and I am still working on it.That old thinking still creeps up on me.Normal friends of mine will have a bad day and then say they are going to get drunk because they deserve it..It?s such a normal way to think for most people. But that?s how my addiction started and I know that it?s still in me to feel like that. The good thing is that we understand the core of that kind of thinking. We know that it?s the addiction of AL that makes us think of excuses to get out of control.

It can be difficult though as AL is so glamourized in the adverts. They is no health caution if you drink too much. It?s everywhere!For example, I was working out with one of my fitness dvds and the fitness coach stumbled slightly as she lost balance. She joked that it must have been the vodka she had. It was a joke obviously but I found it annoying. I just didn?t think it was an appropriate comment to make. Annoying.

Eve- I had a look at the Dukan diet and I am really glad it?s working for you! You sound really disciplined. The problem is that I like to cheat and pig out once in a while. I try to be good all week and let go at the weekends.

Cher, J-vo and eve ? Have a good Friday. I didn?t drink last Friday so I will go to the gym after work and decide from there. If I do have my usual two glasses I will make sure they are wine spritizers. :l
                Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

Hey rebirth and all,
                  I almost caved tonight. Another week-end and I always look forward to the thought of a couple of glasses of wine with a nice dinner out or at home. But, figured I wanted to stay on this challenge until I hit my goal weight. May make it by next week-end at the rate I'm going, only 3 lbs away! Then I can incorporate a few other things and reward myself with a celebration dinner once a week which includes, yes, my wine with dinner!

It has been an interesting journey as things do change when one is AF. The good... great sleep, no sluggishness, no weight gain from needless calories, the difficult...not as motivated to call friends to get together because "a drink" seems to be the norm for the reason friends hang in the evening for an hour or two. So, it's been a more secluded past 10 days although I did meet a girlfriend at Starbucks today for Chai tea. Well, another 0 for the drinktracker tonight. Have been posting a lot of those lately.
                  Night all and will be in touch. I would say, "I'll be b-a-c-k!!!" but I'm kind of mad at Arnold right now.
                  :l
                  Eve11
                  "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

May Modders

Lol. Mad at Arnold...That was shocking news eh!

Eve - Good on you for not caving in! How much weight do you want to lose in total? I have been dieting for five weeks now. The weight loss isnt fantastic, goes down a pound, up three pounds, down a pound etc. I am trying to ignore the scales as my body is transforming for the better. I workout every day and I can see it in my arms, midriff etc
                    Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

Hi all,

Just letting you know that I had a great weekend. Friday was a couple of wine spritzers which gave me enough energy to workout saturday morning. Saturday I had a mixture of wine and wine spritzers so sunday was good too. I tried not to exercise on sunday but felt extremely guilty?! Ha ha. I am so funny with my hangups...

I see that I am turning obsessed with exercise but I am glad about that.
                      Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

Hey Rebirth,
                        What does it take to make a wine spritzer??

Today is my Birthday and my daughters are coming to visit.
                        I will likely have a glass of wine with dinner but nothing more as I work tomorrow.

I wish I was obsessed with exercise, but do be careful.
                        After today, I plan a long stretch AF, 10 days likely. I need to do this.

Comment

May Modders

Happy birthday Cherbear!

And hello to all. My prolonged absence does not mean that I went off the deep end; however, I did take a big plunge....I got married a week and a half ago! The wife and I were able to successfully mod throughout the wedding fesitivies and the honeymoon. We stuck to a few glasses of wine with a big delicious dinner each night. By adhering to our rule of alcohol only with food, we were able to have a week of celebration without any hangovers .

I stopped in to check on everyone a couple times while reading emails and was excited to see how well you all are doing, especially with your workout/weight-loss efforts. I need to get on that train now that I am done lazing around!

Keep up the hard work!!!

Comment

May Modders

Happy Birthday Cher!:bday3:
                            At least enjoy the birthday cake? Ten days AF sounds really good. Are you still attending AA meetings or have you left?
                            Wine spritzers are half wine and half soda water. Its a very healthy glass of wine!

Hi ECD- Nice to hear from you and thats fantastic news about your honeymoon! Congrats on getting married!. I have a few major triggers coming up and it's important to stay focused. One is a best friends's 40th. She is having a massive outdoor party with a pig roast and free bar etc. it's gonna be a long night and it will be a test. But i am determined not to end up drunk.It's not till July though. Got a while yet.
                            Be strong-

Comment

May Modders

Hi there,

I stopped going to AA meetings, I have to admit lately I have felt I am isolating. We now live out in the country and its very easy to do. Struggling a bit. told myself I would be AF and I had wine tonight.
                              Alittle worried, so I think that means I need to really buckle down.
                              Why do we become weak?? when we are so strong in the morning. I currently am not over drinking by any means but I can slowly feel the obsession slipping back in.
                              Any advice guys?

Comment

May Modders

Cher - How long have you been moderating so far? You definitely need to sort out this creeping obsession because it's dangerous..How long have you been moderating so far? What about attending the odd AA meeting just to keep your mind on track?

I am definitely weaker in the evenings...with whatever it is I am trying to keep under control. Once it was AL and now it's binge eating. i have turned into an obsessive fitness freak and I am working out every evening just to stop me from snacking.Even when i am exhausted I still workout.

I thought the same today..full of determination not to overeat today but by 4pm..man do I want the doughnuts!! It's odd
                                Be strong-

Comment

Working...
                                X