June modders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June modders

I guess you have to replace old habits with new ones, right?
    Last night I drank too much - I feel so bad! It is just the habit, that's all.

Comment

June modders

Hi! Home from my travels. During week celebrated a graduation, grandson b.d., daughter b.d. Had too much to drink one night as most of us who were there did and we all suffered the next day. After that drank more nights than usual but much, much more controlled.

Rebirth - so happy to hear you are doing so well but I hope you do pop in here often as it really does help those of us newer on this journey.

Lila - Hear you about the habit. After 2 days in car with a 7 yo and 5 yo, did not even want to unpack, dh and I shared a bottle of wine - a big one. Feel surprisingly good today but think it's because home in own bed I just slept so much better. Back to getting serious about this and rethinking how to handle weeks of vacation in future. How are you doing this holiday weekend?
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

June modders

Hi all,
        I've been away on vacations where computer access is limited. A full week in a small home town that doesn't even have a stop light. MIL doesn't own a computer and no wi-fi anywhere. Now, we're in beautiful CA but limited computer access as well. At the library so thought of you all and thought I'd drop a quick note.

Vacations for me have always involved almost daily drinking but I'm doing better at limiting it to one or 2 drinks and never give myself permission to drink in the daytime because "I'm on vacation!" For example, at a restaurant for breakfast this morning and the table next door had bloody mary's and mimosas going and the 2 top over the way had 2 beers in progress. Coffee and water for us and no regrets! My Dukan diet says I can only drink 2x a week but I probably will cheat as I always seem to when doing my CA vacations. My goal is to be able to do better moderation while on vacations and lose the daily drinking thinking because "I'm on vacation". Just grateful that when at home and in my daily routine, drinking usually only occurs on Friday and Saturdays and I've been pretty good at keeping it to no more than 2 or 3.

Rebirth, I know so much what you mean when one is doing real well. It is hard to report to the board and put the time in. It does help to hear from successful modders here and there though so keep coming back! Hope everyone else is well and happy. Talk soon!
        :l
        Eve11
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

June modders

Hi all,

Still here and still happy with my drinking...
          I went to a great birthday party last saturday. It was out on a field with a live band, buffet and licensed bar. I could have so easily drank with careless abandon but I paced my drinking ( one an hour)and made sure that I was still in control of myself. I also drank the odd glass of water inbetween. But I didnt stick to a limit and must have drank double to what I usually allow myself on a saturday night.So I ended up with a mild hangover the next day ( I probably drank a whole bottle of wine in the space of eight hours).. It was easily done as I really didnt feel drunk throughout the evening. I sociallised all night and I didnt blackout or fall over like I usually do.

So I am not going to beat myself up about it because I just know that I will need to be more strict with myself the next time I attend a wild party.I know now that drinking steadily and in control can still induce a hangover the next day pending on the amount. It's all trial and error.

Back to my exercise and healthy eating this week as usual.

Got a two week holiday in Barbados in three weeks. This should be interesting! x
          Be strong-
          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
          Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

June modders

Hi Rebirth. Good job on the controlled drinking at a free for all party. You've worked hard to establish good habits and incorporated them. On Mon, 4th of July, I realized I had had 5 drinks, more than usual, 1st 2 were beers during a 4 hour golf game; 2 gl of wine later in evening over dinner, and then had a last short one out on deck watching fireworks, a span of 7-8 hrs. That extra one sure made for a tired day yest and so not worth it! 2 weeks in Barbados? Spent one day there off a cruise ship - beautiful! You're going to be looking mighty fine - shopping for swimsuits yet?

Eve - hey, thanks for thinking of us while on vaca. Your comment about "I'm on vacation" and daily drinking hits home because dh & I are soon to enter into the world of retirement where "it's 5:00 somewhere" is prevalent. We are moving to our retirement home August 1st, have spent time there and already witnessed and partook in the relaxed "Happy Hour" atmosphere. This month we are in the midwest wrappng things up - job, final appts, final move. So easier to be in routine of weekend drinking now but pretty soon it's going to be "what day is it"? LOL Are you going to be visiting the wine country? Ran Napa Valley Marathon 3-4X and loved northern CA, of course, it was March so getting out of the midwest was all part of it. Enjoy!

Lila - you still with us? Hope so! How was the rest of your weekend? More biking?

TMH

Comment

June modders

TMH- Thin k we just need to always remain vigilant.

I am also apprehensive about my holiday in Barbados. There are lots of happy hour bars...but I intend to not undo my good habits. Besides, the majority of them people in AA told me that it was not possible for someone with a drink problem to moderate. I am determined to prove them wrong. Not that I am doing this for them...x
              Be strong-
              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
              Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

June modders

my third attempt at posting here! hope this doesn't get deleted!
                Eve - so glad to finally here from you! You sound like you are having a great vacation. Who would want alcohol first thing in the morning? Yuck! For me, it was always and end of the day thing. California sounds so nice.
                TMH - are you glad to be home? I had a quiet holiday weekend, most of my kids were gone, just me and my son. Parks were shut down, so we just stayed home. Next week, I am going to take my kids camping I think. I am biking a lot.
                Rebirth - I read a promotion for a new book - I think it was called Self Compassion. They did a study and gave 2 groups of people junk food, the first group they said shaming things to, the second they said understanding things before letting them eat. THe group that was affirmed ate less! So, not beating yourself up is showing in research to be a good thing especially with compulsive behavior! I thought of that when I read your post. You are doing so great, why would you?

I am nervous - tomorrow I have to talk to someone, I need to be brave and positive and advocate for myself. Please, everyone send me good vibes around 11 am, okay? USA midwestern time.
                My yard is my "California" right now, as I am not able to take any vacations. It is great! I bought a tiny lemon tree, hydrangeas, another flower that looks like lavender but not as fussy....tomatoes, peppers, etc, etc. I love it!!
                take care all!
                L

Comment

June modders

Lila - You sound so much better! Sure we are in the same state, the one that is shut down. Sending good vibes right now 10:57a (((((hugs))))

Rebirth - check out the Focus on Fitness thread; for July there is a Mod thread where the goal is eat right, exercise, and a drink allowance of no more than 10 days/month- report in daily. Kind of right up your alley. Heck, you could lead the group!

Eve - hi to the Calif tourist! Hope you are having a wonderful time but looking forward to your participation again.

Have finally dropped to the 113s; at 113.6. Time to go do today's workout.
                  TMH

Comment

Working...
                  X