September Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September Mod Squad

TMH - sounds like my weekend. friday night i was good with only 2 drinks. then saturday night i knew i had a big party and would have to police myself. it started at 6pm, and i policed myself really well, or so i thought, until midnight. i was being really careful. one of my friends even actually told me that "you're always such a responsible drinker". that felt great. my friends were commenting on my drinking a pellegrino around 10pm when they were all drinking wine. so, i thought i was doing great. i wasn't drunk. everyone else there had more to drink than me. HOWEVER, i felt like CRAP the next day. I mean, bad.
    had a headache, took some motrin, which then made me nauseated, stomachache, etc. I get like that once in a blue moon. I RARELY ever drink enough at one time anymore(been several years)to make me feel like that. sure, i've had a headache because i had 4 drinks, but that's all.
    I was trying to figure out how much i had, and think it was about 4 and a half. maybe i had 5, but not on purpose. it's hard because we were at a pool party and i had wine in a solo cup and it's hard to gauge how many ounces it was, but i tried to estimate 5 oz. then i had little pours later at our friends house.
    i was just upset because i was hungover and it really wasn't that much fun! so not worth it. AND i had been limiting myself being very regimented. so, i spent yesterday laying around mad at myself.
    and of course, went AF on Sunday, a day that I had "allowed" AL. and to top it off, it was a stellar weather sunday here, and i really didn't get to enjoy it at all.

do you think my tolerance has lessened in a couple of months time?

so, i'd much rather drink a glass of wine everyday, then 5 at once. that's for sure!! HA.

lila-thanks for the advice about the dog. i'd love to do a rescue, but since i have a young child, i'd rather get a puppy for him to grow with. i'd be nervous about a rescue and the possible behavioral problems.

Comment

September Mod Squad

hi Modders
      I did have a good weekend, mostly reading, working on my yard, and driving my kids here and there. I had two glasses of wine, went to bed, and then got a call at 2 in the morning, my daughter wanted me to pick up her and her friends. (yes, there's a curfew here!) and there was a police behind me for a little bit, and I got so nervous! I have to be very careful, because I am a parent who could be driving at any minute!
      Yes, TMH, the weather is really really nice. If only it would go on forever! I am repotting my hibiscus plants. They are outside for the summer. I don't like hotel rooms, actually. I could see why you'd maybe rather stay home. They are just so generic!
      LGL, they do tell you if the dog is good with kids, etc. They really want the dog to have the right home. They really are on that. My dog from a breeder nipped my kids all the time, and my rescue doggie is very very good with kids. But the right dog will come into your life one way or another! oh, and yes, my tolerance goes way down fast when I stop.
      Well, more days waiting and looking for a job. But I took my depressed energy into home and garden repair and my mood has really turned around. I know something will come up, my advisor often forwards us job notices, etc, and I really haven't been looking too long. I am also going to volunteer to beef up my resume. I spent years as a stay at home mom, and have the work experience to show for it!
      wishing you all a nice Monday night!
      L

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi Lila, Rebirth and all, I am back from MT. Glad to see you started the new thread, love the name. I have alot of catching up to do. I will check in soon.

Comment

September Mod Squad

hey 4me - welcome back!

Yesterday evening was bad for me - I was upset about something, nothing major, and had 3 or maybe 4! glasses of wine. Today I feel a little spacey, but not too bad.
          My emotions just control me!

how is everyone else today? seems quiet!

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi Lila, Just a quick check in. I have been so busy with work since I got back. Don't be hard on yourself for a slip up. I will try and catch up tomorrow.

Have a good night all.

Comment

September Mod Squad

lila
              that is the hard part. emotions. right?
              i think that it's great that you are aware of the trigger and eventually, you will learn to control it better.
              i think that we are all taking a huge step toward better-ing ourselves. i really don't think that any of my friends who drink wine EVERY night, think that there is anything wrong with it. I don't think anything is wrong with them if they have a stressful day and drink 3 glasses of wine. the thing is, I don't WANT to do that. I don't want it to progress to something more. I'm just taking a preventative approach and making myself aware so that I don't get myself into something later on.
              I'm pretty certain that I'm not an alcoholic. but, i do understand that the disease is progressive and just like any other disease, i'm just taking precautions.
              So, when you have a few too many, it's not the end of the world. it's just life. just like when you don't exercise for a couple of weeks, or eat too much cake on vacation, ya know?
              At least that's how i see it right now. fortunately, we are taking precautions, preventing the possibility of disease. we are being aware.

maybe that was a ramble, it's hard to put it into words. hope y'all get it.

i allowed myself a glass of wine last night on a weeknight. it was good, and what was really nice was that i didn't even have it til 730pm. i didn't even crave it at all!! i poured it with dinner but hardly had 2 sips during dinner.
              anyway...have a great day.

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi modders,

Sorry for not posting recently...Just been working alot and been feeling shatttered. I am still exercising during the week and abstaining from AL. My last weekend wasn/t too bad either.

I will try and catch up on everyone's posts. xx
                Be strong-
                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hey Mod Squad things are going well. I'm not AF as many days as I probably should be but it sure feels good to enjoy a couple and then get on with the evening. Have had a low grade headache for a few days and don't think I'm drinking enough water. This week I have either run/walked 3 miles or played 18 holes of golf and then walked 2 miles in 90+ temps so I'm sure I'm sweating more. And yes, am smart enough to know alcohol dehydrates you. More plain ol' water!
                  LGL - totally get what you're saying! I, too, find it to be the case that when I do go AF and then come to the day it's ok, I really look forward to it and lean toward overdoing. I'd rather be steady too. I'm reading a book which gives advice about quitting, cutting down (moderating) or ways to more safely drink even if that includes getting intoxicated. He stresses not beating yourself up; you're a work in progress. One thing that kind of jumped out at me was in cutting down instead of saying AF all weekdays, take it a bit more slowly. This month I'll be AF 2 nights/week, next month 3 nights/week, etc.
                  Lila Did I see it was in upper 40's this a.m.? Sounds like you're being proactive now on job situation with getting some volunteer work in. Good for you!
                  4me
                  Hope you had a great MT trip! Welcome back!
                  Rebirth
                  Wish you weren't so sad, girl. Feel for you. Continue to vent here if need be.

TMH
                  The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

September Mod Squad

hi Modders
                    it is suddenly cold out! summer is over! I had one glass of wine last night and a nice conversation with my daughter about her life, really a pleasant evening. I also moved a lot of my plants inside, really makes the house come alive, all my hibiscuses everywhere!
                    TMH, I drink a lot of stevia lemonade, I make it myself, just cuz I don't like water. Have you ever tried that? I like your easy plan, a gradual cut down. Yes, I am moving forward - I even ordered a Spanish language program since I used to be conversational, and if I can brush all that up I can say I speak it a little. That will help! The job thing was timing as well, I applied at schools too late in the season. I didn't know, sigh!
                    Rebirth, that is really great that you are staying strong. You will get through this, and btw, you look great! I have to start working out again. I talked with a personal trainer, and she was saying how the mind and body are so connected, etc.
                    4me, thanks! Yes, give us an update on everything.
                    LGL, you sound sort of similar to me, that's why I am at this site, because it is for us in the middle. I think my emotions were about what time of the month it is, as well. I was upset cuz my friend didn't come over to put in a fixture, so upset! Ridiculous! And today, I don't even care. I am tired from the day, and I know it will get done.
                    well, time to make a late dinner!
                    good night all!
                    L

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi Modders, I am finally getting some time to post. Montana was beautiful! The trip was to short, but it was great to see my family. I start the 30 day AF on the 20th. I am a little freaked out and hope I can do it. Time will tell. I hope everyone is doing good!

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi all,
                        Great to catch up on everyone's posts. Stay vigilant everyone... I am still not touching the alcohol during the week and my body actually likes the AL free period I give it..I also managed to do three workouts this week too. I am stress busting naturally which is great

It's the weekend again and I have to try and not overindulge.... Have a good friday.

Lila- I love Hibiscus plants. They are so beautiful. x
                        Be strong-
                        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

September Mod Squad

This is probably too quick but maybe I should join a dating site...just for casual dating? A bit of fun and dinner? Nothing heavy.. What do you all think guys.
                          Be strong-

Comment

September Mod Squad

RB-i don't think you need a dating site. if that is you in your avatar, then you do NOT need a site to meet someone. Personally, I think you should just be you. Let it come naturally. Do things that you like, go places you like to go, and you will meet like-minded people and eventually a man.
                            now, i don't know you at all, but, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that maybe you are not good at being alone? Have you always needed a boyfriend? If so, then step back, and really take the time to be with yourself. It'll come naturally.
                            I hope this doesn't come off as condescending or anything. I have just always felt strongly about this.
                            So, since I'm old and wise ( HA HA HA), I thought i'd pass it along

lol -

so, last night was the first time since i started Modding at the beginning of August that I had a drink on a day i had planned NOT to. I had a very stressful day, and I had half a beer before dinner and a glass of wine with dinner. I'm not too upset about it, but i do know that once I let my guard down like that, I can get back into the same old habit. So, I have to stay vigilant now.

I usually drink on friday nights, but i MAY decide to be AF since I went off schedule last night.
                            we'll see if i have the willpower.

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi there! Was happy with myself after last night's event. They did not have my kind of wine so I chose a red. Drank it very slowly as we enjoyed appetizers. Dh went to get us our 2nd one (you rec'd 2 drink tickets each). It sat and sat, noticed dh's was gone so after a sip or 2 I gave rest to him. Then we ran into our realtor and while talking to her bartender said more opened bottles of wine left, no tickets or money needed. I said No, thank you. Dh said what the heck & took one. The reason I bring up what he is drinking is this is primary example of how your inhibitions get knocked down. Now he has had 4, right? Walked by bar on way out, dh asked our realtor if she would like a drink, she passed, said goodbye and he wanted to go in. I would have been perfectly happy to go home but was in no way upset. I had a chardonnay. We sat there much longer than what it took to drink 1 but ordered no more so I felt great today and feel I had 2+ 2 sips. Last night was planned. But alas, here we are on weekend.

RB - you're much cuter but you kind of remind me of me during my single days. I was single for 9 yrs and there was only a period of 4 months in that time period that I did not have a BF. In my case, I always worked out at a health club and that's where I met guys. Many of whom were just friends! If I were you, I'd go out with single gfs. I'm sure you're feeling lonesome.

LGL - up to you re: drink tonite but it was a slip, unplanned day, might be just as well to just get back on regular schedule. Or if it makes you feel better, switch it out. I know, I know it's easy to fall back into old habits. Presently, I'm thinking after normal Friday Happy Hour/dinner night I will be AF either Sat or Sun nite. Then I am going to plan Mon & Wed nites as being AF on regular basis as I play golf on Tues and Thurs. I often have been but not always and notice a bit of a difference out on the course. Mostly, in feeling dehydrated.

Lila - nice to have those Mom/dd talks!

Hope everyone has a wonderful mod weekend!

TMH
                              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi gang,
                                I'm back from a 10 day vacation and need to get back to my serious moderating. I am slipping into going over the 2 drink limit on more occasions than I like to admit so I'm feeling a little down today because of that. I have a friend who I see every summer and she has 1 glass of wine with her meal when we go out, never has a second, and is always very satisfied. It's like the switch just goes off and says "one and totally fine with being done". I, on the other hand, love the taste of wine or a good beer on a hot day, and more times than not, I have to really work at quitting at two drinks. It's always so frustrating as sometimes things work easily and other times it's so hard and harder than I want it to be to stop at two. So, I need to come here more often again to get the support from my online moderator friends as I know you understand my struggles.
                                Talk soon.
                                :l
                                Eve11
                                "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X