Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October Mod Squad

hi Modders
    TMH, that sounds so yummy! I love all those foods. I bought half a cow, and we ate all the steak pretty quick, now we are stuck with all this hamburger meat! Hearing that almost makes me want to cook.
    Rebirth, is it unseasonal? Today is a little more overcast. Winter is so hard here. I have never been to England, I would figure it is more temperate than Minnesota!
    LGL, there is nothing about Tuesdays? No extra stressors, or social stuff to trigger you?
    4me, are you still AF? If so, that is really great!

I called the woman back about the job, twice, and each time it went to voicemail. I will call back today. Another beautiful day, the wind is blowing and there are leaves everywhere.
    My jeans are also getting looser!!!
    hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend! I will check back later!
    L

Comment

October Mod Squad

HI
      so, i had only 2 drinks last night on friday night. my son had a belt test in his Taekwondo class(he is a green belt already!)so that went until 715pm. it helps when i have something like that to push back the witching hour

Lila - i have been pondering Tuesdays. There are a couple of things. Mainly, to be honest here, it's just that Friday seems so far away at that point!! It's also when I watch one of my shows on TV so a little glass of wine and tv are so good together.

for now, I may just stick to allowing Tuesdays, with only 1.5 glasses of wine. it really does help me get through the week and I'm still having 3 AF days.

maybe i can add it back in later. the main thing for me is to be aware.

Comment

October Mod Squad

Great start to weekend! Had 2. No temptation whatsoever to stop back in bar as we walked by on way out from dinner. No temptation at all to pour another one at home. Nada. Yeah!!! Did not have the dinner special, too rich for my delicate system (and I hate to say that but it's true).

LGL - you may feel disappointed you don't resist on Tuesdays but look how great it is the 1.5 glasses doesn't turn into a bottle. I know on Thursday when dh & I finished a bottle, (2.5 each) we again mentioned how much better we are doing buying the small bottles. Could we go get another one? Yes, but we hardly ever do. It's just not the same as if an open one was right in front of us.

Lila - remember I told you I started 5 HTP? Read label - take with meals. Whoops. Part of reason stomach has been upset. Haven't taken any since I read that but will again when I don't have anything going on that day. Yeah for the loose jeans! Sure it will be a couple months if not longer before we will feel like wearing jeans here. Oh, coming back to Midwest mid November so guess I will be wearing jeans before that! You've given me incentive to go try them on, see how they look/feel. My wt has not been bad yet I know I'm not exercising nearly enough.

Playing golf late this afternoon with couple we had dinner with last night - hopefully. 50% chance of showers but even if they come, they are usually shortlived as in 5-10 min. Here's to Saturday!

TMH
        The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

October Mod Squad

hi Modders
          LGL, I really understand the drink-with-tv show thing. That's what got me started! You really sound like you are in the perfect place right now, very moderate drinking.
          TMH, we're in shorts here, too! It's beautiful, very warm weather and leaves blowing everywhere. 5htp is supposed to make you lose weight I think. I should take it again. I am not excercizing enough either!

An exciting day for me, I am organizing my linen closet! Finally putting everything into plastic boxes instead of everything under the sun thrown haphazardly in there. And cleaning, reading, and driving my kids everywhere.
          My goals? None met, but I am okay with myself. I haven't gone overboard at all.
          Next week, I will try again!
          L

Comment

October Mod Squad

morning modders!
            ah, the start of another week! My goal is to be organized and productive. And go 2 nights AF. That didn't happen last week, but today is a new beginning!
            Last two days, this medication has been making me sleepy, but hopefully that will go away. At least I am not having anxiety, which is a huge relief.
            I could be exercising more, but I have been taking short walks with my dog. At least that is something!
            L

Comment

October Mod Squad

Hi all,

I had a really bad weekend. I drank excessively on saturday. I am back to my AF week but feel very tired and still hangover! I will have to watch myself there....
              Be strong-
              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
              Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

October Mod Squad

oh no! do you know what your trigger was, Rebirth? Or was it just one of those things?
                hope you are feeling better, I know it takes a little time. Lots of water!

Comment

October Mod Squad

good morning modders!
                  the day starts out kinda bad. I screamed at my deserving of it teenager. I feel very bad, and I know she does too. Maybe this will change her lazy inconsiderate behavior. Maybe I will get better at setting limits. Maybe a walk will help me. I am shaking.
                  another beautiful day, clear skies, leaves flying everywhere!
                  L

Comment

October Mod Squad

Moderation Advice

Hello Long Term Moderators
                    Obviously, I'm not one, but I'm a "wannabe". I'm on Day 24 of my 30 day abstinence period (which has been surprisingly pain-free; drinking daily was more painful). I'm currently taking a low dose (75mg) of topa, never had cravings so never increased the dose. Not sure if I'm going to continue once I include wine again.
                    I dont have "a plan" yet. My head is just beginning to poke out of its dark place. I do know that I can't sit at home and open a bottle of wine - either alone or with hubby. I'll finish it and open another - regardless of happy or sad, bored or excited, Saturday or Tuesday.
                    You've all been there, done that. How about sharing your wisdom and advice???? Thanks all.

Comment

October Mod Squad

hi IHN
                      sorry there isn't a lot of activity here lately. I also don't have much advice. I usually have 1-3 drinks a night, and that hasn't changed much. But others here have really made dramatic changes and been able to mod as well.
                      Congrats on Day 24, I am sure your body has healed up so much!
                      L

Comment

October Mod Squad

hi all
                        IHN - welcome. i'm impressed with your 30 day period! I did 10 days back in August and although it was not easy, it was not as hard as I thought it would be.
                        I am modding pretty well, except for this past week. I try to have at least 3 AF days a week, but would like to have 4. This past week, I had only 2 I had family in town Thursday-Sunday, so I was not AF.
                        However, I"m fairly successful at sticking to my limit. I only had 2 drinks on all those days, except Sunday, I had 3.

I never was a whole bottle kind of girl(i'm petite, so a whole bottle would have made me so hungover the next day). I was a daily drinker though. I was having 1, 2 or 3 drinks a day and that is what I wanted to stop. I have been doing fairly well at it since the beginning of August.

It's hard though. Like this past weekend, if i drink 4 nights in a row, then it's easy to fall back into the "oh, it's ok if i just have one again tonight" routine. This week, I really am going to have to TRY very hard to get my 3 AF nights in.

Here are a few things I do that seem to help me be AF or stick to my limit
                        --i push back the time when i start to drink in the evening. used to, at 6p i would get a beer. now, i try to wait til 630p or 7pm. just postpone it when you can.
                        --i go to bed earlier. might seem like a cop out, but hey, whatever works.
                        --i take hot baths(on nights when i am AF I do this instead of wine)
                        --I go somewhere to eat that doesn't serve alcohol(like waffle house, my son loves that place)
                        --i treat myself to magazines(magazines are so expensive!!)and pile up in my bed and read them(i wouldn't drink in my bedroom)
                        --i get my hubby to be AF with me
                        --I use the drink tracker (you can view me on there and see my habits)
                        If i can get myself to 8pm, i usually don't want anything by then.

hope that helps.

i had a very busy weekend. my sisters were in town and we showed our jewelry at a festival. it was fun, but i'm exhausted.

hope everyone is doing well.
                        i've got to get my mod on this week!!

Comment

October Mod Squad

lgl, you sound just like me! With drinking habits, I mean. Except I am not doing any AF nights. And I woke up in the middle of the night feeling unhappy with myself because of that. I like your suggestions.

I hope our little group doesn't go away, I was thinking it had. I am not "done" yet, still need support.

Comment

October Mod Squad

Hello! Welcome IHN. Admire you doing 30 days, you must be at 27 or 28 by now. Good for you! I'm fairly new to this mod thing, started last June. Think I did the best in July when I was participating in a Fitness thread where we reported workouts and allowed alcohol just 10 days during the month. Got kind of thrown off there come August as it went to totally AF.

LGL - you are so right - easy to slip back into the nightly ritual. I'm going to do better this week also.

Lila - exactly the same here. Initial thought upon waking - what happened last night! Don't like that.

I know Rebirth is into exercise as part of her modding; anyone else here interested in making that a part of this thread?

TMH

Comment

October Mod Squad

well, yesterday I did yard work. That was my exercise. Being out in the sun really was great. Today I am going to cover my garden with leaves.
                              TMH, I would love to talk about exercise. I need help with motivation. Yard work just got me outside.
                              happy Tuesday! L

Comment

October Mod Squad

Good thing, Lila, you got that done. Yardwork is exercise! Understand snow flurries your way today. We're having lots of rain. Yest I walked 3 mi. on TM; today I did some UB wt work and situps and then ran/walked 2 mi on TM. Yest I had 1 drink, 1 gl of wine. Today = 2 gl. wine. Not AF but not too bad.

Interesting I checked out the Fitness thread today and some are working at it just like us MODs. Not criticizing, just find that interesting. We're all trying!

Good night. TMH

Comment

Working...
                                X