Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December Mod Squad

Hi LGL,
    When I had my skin cancer removed I was put on antibiotics. I asked my plastic surgeon if I could drink on anitbiotics and he said yes, so I did. But that was the Sat that I drank too much and ended up getting sick. Was it the antibiotics or just too much wine? I don't know. But I will tell you, if I had a kidney infection, there is no way I would drink. I think it would add more stress to your kidneys and I would be so paranoid that I would damage them further.
    "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

December Mod Squad

hi
      went to my xmas dinner and was AF. everyone else was drinking but i really didn't mind at all. i didn't want to drink and stress my kidneys any further. i had a GREAT time. i really went thinking we would go get it over with and be home early, but before i knew it, it was 11pm! so, I need to put that in my pocket and remind myself of it later. These are our REALLY good friends, so I think that makes a difference.

I'm feeling better today, and will do another AF day(or two). If I choose to drink, I will keep it to one glass(or two), but not until Tuesday. And only if I have NO symptoms anymore. I'm doing it ODAT

but, i'm proud of myself. I feel good, sleeping good.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Way to go LGL for not drinking at the party and giving your body a rest until you feel better. I think that is a wise move. I, too, went to a party yesterday and did not drink. And like so many others on this site that have observed, when at parties, that others really are not drinking all that much. I never noticed it before because I was always doing far too much drinking. The party was ok but not because I wasn't drinking. It was with the people that my husband works with and it was a little dull. We were the first to leave. Now that is unusual. Have a great day everyone.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi modders, I have been away for a while due to my husband getting his arm crushed and a staff infection in the bone. Things are getting better and I have decided to get serious about moderation or quit if that doesn't work for me. I'll be working on a plan this week. My initial plan is not to drink through the week and walk for an hour in the am. I see success here and it is insperational!

Lila, happy to see you are doing well!

Comment

December Mod Squad

Welcome back 4me. I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I sure hope he is doing better. What an awful accident. Good to hear you are getting a plan together. I think that is the key to a successful end goal, whether that is modding or going AF. Good luck and let us know how you are doing. :goodjob:

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi everyone! Was a pretty good weekend. Played golf today, MN visitors down, they were amazed at 81 deg temps, had a good time. Stopped in bar after and had 2 gl of wine. Nice time.

MM, LGL, Lila - doing great. Nice to see you 4me! Welcome back! Sorry to hear about dh but glad he is doing better!
              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

December Mod Squad

hi all
                4me, welcome back! what a horrible sounding accident!
                I am doing pretty well, getting my free session with a personal trainer later today. We met briefly, it is subtle, but areas of my body are "off" and luckily can be caught and fixed. Well, what can i say? I have had a pretty unhealthy lifestyle the last few years. But i feel like i really am getting better. I am modding pretty good, kudzu helps a lot, so does having more to do!
                LGL, yikes, kidney infection? i wouldn't drink, not sure why, just sounds risky. are you feeling better?
                MM, you sound like you are doing great! good for you for not having a drink, not that it wouldn't be alright, but you sound in control.
                TMH, sounds so nice! here it is pretty mild, so far. is golf good exercise? (not that i would golf, just curious)
                have a great Monday!
                L

Comment

December Mod Squad

Like everyone, extremely busy! Run, run, run all day but then spending a little too much downtime as in relaxing and drinking in evening.
                  Lila - wouldn't call golf "good" exercise. We cannot walk the course, carts are required. I do try to walk to my ball a lot from where cart is parked. It is more physically challenging than I ever thought it would be. If I play 3 days in a row I get sore not to mention tired so I rarely do. I remember back in midwest one August when I was in training for the Iron Girl Duathlon (run-bike-run) I was riding my bike by a golf course, looked out at the golfers and course, and the word 'serene' popped into my head. When working FT and training for marathons, and learning 18 holes takes 4 hrs I used to say I'll play golf when I'm too old to run - here I am!

How was your trainer session? Did you get set up on program?

TMH

Comment

December Mod Squad

I did! I learned some Pilates moves. Now I am aching! It didn't seem like I was doing anything but I guess I was.
                    Are you liking Florida? How has the move been, now that you have been there awhile?

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi Modders,
                      Well, I did not keep to my no drinking the rest of Dec. But that's ok. I have only had 1 1/2 to 2 glasses each of wine Sun, Mon, Tues and today. That is a big deal that it hasn't been more. The rest of the week it will be none. The kids are coming and that is my dead drop date. Why is it when the holidays come around we get this feeling that we have to imbibe to feel the holiday feeling? I think it must be habit. I really want to stick to my goals. I am feeling a bit weak today and hope I can stay strong. It's important that I do this. To be AF this Christmas.

Comment

December Mod Squad

Finally you guys - an AF night. Sure is about time. I want to feel good picking up family from airport tomorrow. And know it's going to be a wild week or as SIL put it - get up, workout, play golf, drink, get up and do it all over again the next day. I do NOT plan to keep up with him.

Today we did major grocery shopping, turkey is thawing in frig, then we played 9 holes of golf, then went for a 45 min walk. Much better replacing Happy Hour with a good brisk walk! Drink of choice tonite - Low Sodium V8 with a lime. Tasted yummy!

MM - you can do it! Will I be AF? Probably not; but I am not getting sh...faced in front of my grandkids. Good goals for each of us.

TMH

Comment

December Mod Squad

Loved to share the good news of an AF nite; however, only slept 4.5 hrs even after taking prescription med and quietly reading before bedtme. ((sigh))

Lila - sorry, forgot to answer your FL questions. We pinch ourselves everyday because life is so surreal. We absolutely love it here and wonder why we didn't move way before retirement. Most likely, family ties. Now today my dd and family arrive from Canada. In Feb my son & his 2 boys are coming. Later in Feb sd and family arriving. Do we miss the gkds? Yes....but it's not like the plane doesn't go both ways. And what kid growing up is not going to like having grandparents in FL! Many little kids around already, we hear them laughing & playing in the pool. We buy an outfit and toy for each of small gkds, but our main gift to our kids, families is FL trip money we set aside in account for them. It's a win/win. How are you doing?

TMH

Comment

December Mod Squad

Merry, merry Christmas modders,
                            I hope your day will be merry and bright.
                            Mighty Mite:coolsanta:

Comment

December Mod Squad

Happy Boxing Day! My dd & entire family from Canada here and we are going to all play golf today - their request. My dh & 2 grandsons went out on course yesterday with Santa hats, just played a few holes as course was closed. We were not unique with that idea. Saw quite a few groups out there. Weird to have an 83 deg Christmas Day. Love, love it!

Hope your Christmas was great, and you met your goals. Obviously, I did since I am wide awake at 2:40a. LOL This is the week I am going for AF Mon-Thur and may include Fri in that what with NYE being Sat. We do have plans with friends for big NYE party/dance. They are all mod drinkers - we will be also.

TMH

Comment

December Mod Squad

Hi gang,
                                Not happy with my mod goals over the holiday season. I am the "mushy" person when tipsy and don't like that at all. 2 episodes of being that way during holiday parties and did not stick to "two and I'm through".

Interesting for all of us to know our triggers or weak areas. Mine are definitely parties and celebrations. If I want to continue drinking moderately, then I may need to abstain during those types of functions while allowing myself the 2 drinks on a Friday or Saturday when out to dinner as I don't seem to have a problem moderating under those circumstances.

Mulling it over...
                                :l
                                Hugs,
                                Eve11
                                "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X