Focus on Fitness/20 Days AF in Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back home. Today after Bible Study I stopped at main fitness center and walked/ran 2 miles, used ET for 20 min. Late afternoon I went to garage to go biking and discovered only dh bike. Seat was high and didn't want to mess with it. So my 2nd w/o of day was lifting wts. I have a handwritten program that I do when I don't want to do a fitness tape.

Tomorrow marks one week being on Moder8. Went fast, huh. I'm thinking I'd like to go til Friday before I drink, but if I choose to have a drink before then it will be with taking that 2nd dose which really seems to squelch any desire to overdo it. I sure as heck know I am doing a lot better than I was last month!

Jan AF 5
    TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Welcome home TMH. You're doing great with exercise. Lila, I've never tried the rowing machine. Is it a good workout? Are you able to adjust the resistance?
      I have a cold now but worked out yesterday and I probably should not have. I was up a lot last night coughing so I am taking the day off today. I may go for a walk later. It's supposed to be low 50's today. If I feel better, I may go to the gym tonight. We'll see.
      "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

Hey, sorry about the cold MM! Maybe just a hot sauna is in order.

Today I walked to other unit to p/u my bike. Grandkids had dropped it there. No big deal. So a measly 1.6 mile walk, then 1.6 mile bike ride home. Walk was pleasant, got on bike and thought what's with these legs! First I thought it was the ET. Played 18 holes of golf and as day wore on I got a little tighter & tighter and then remembered the lifting wts and squats and deadlifts - aha, she says. Did not bike tonite as right after golf I got my Wed grocery shopping done. I find thinking of that task ruins my whole day til I get it done and voila ~ now it's done. Have over 14K steps in so enough exercise today.

I'm starting to think the Moder8 may be an appetite suppressant. Yesterday I ate 3 meals and a snack (way more than usual) and I still was under 1000 cal for day. Both yest & this a.m. I had to choke down my toast and usually don't finish it. The hb egg goes down fine so I might up those to 2. Had lunch (1/2 roast beef sandwich, salt & vinegar chips) while playing golf & could care less if I eat tonite. Well, at least I'm not drinking!

Jan AF 6
        TMH

Comment

Wrong - appetite kicked in. Ended up eating 1/2 Tombstone pizza last night. And today with entering dinner that I have not had yet including 2 gl of wine I'm at 1400 calories, my goal. I took 1 Moder8 this a.m., took L-Glut in afternoon. I want to see how the wine tastes, if I want more after the 2 and if so, I will definitely be taking that 2nd Moder8 when I plan on drinking.

What did everyone do today? I ran/walked 3 miles on TM and then since I got sore from my handwritten w/o I did it again - must have been effective! I am not going to input AF days now, will come back to it.

TMH

Comment

Boy, do I hear ya, TMH. I know I could polish off a whole pizza on my own. Pizza is my downfall big time.
            Had a great workout this morning. 30 min on bike, then about 15 min doing quick step ups on step box, then did legs on the machines, then planks and situps. We will see how I feel tonight if I am going to go back to the gym after dinner. Still have a cough and I don't want to lower my resistance by doing too much exercise. I have lost 3 lbs though. So I am on track. I am keeping my calories under 1500.
            I have discovered a substitute for pasta, another one of my downfalls. I make spaghetti squash and put sauce on that. It is only about 45 calories for 1 cup, so I have 2 cups and I love it. My hubby won't touch it but I think it's good. I'm sitting here having it for lunch too. I put chicken and a ton of veges in my sauce too which gives me that extra boost of protein and veges.
            Hope everyone is doing well.
            MM

Comment

Time to catch up here. Yest a.m. was golf. Am in 2 ladies groups, one on Tues is more advanced; Thurs group more my category, either new or not so good at it. I was really on edge. They took so long!!!! And sure enough we started getting backed up. Usually go in for lunch afterwards but I just didn't want any more chitchat. Went to FC, hopped on ET for 20 min. At home I still felt out of sorts, finally laid down & took a nap & woke up feeling fine. Not sure what that was all about.

Took a golf clinic this a.m. on chipping. Again, mostly women and you could hardly hear yourself think what with the chatter. I think it's me and fact that I'm not a morning person. Not a night owl either... Clinic was good, then I practiced for about an hour. Now I need to go for a run, and this 2 or 3 miles isn't cutting it, need to up it to 4 miles minimum.

MM - sauce sounds good. Good job on 3# loss!

We do plan on going up for Happy Hour tonite (skipped neighborhood one last night). I will take a 2nd Moder8 about 5:00p.

Jan AF 7
              TMH

Comment

Doing good TMH. I think I will have to pick up golf again when hubby retires. All 3 boys and hubby golf. I used to but I am a fair weather golfer. It can't be too hot or too cold and no bugs. But it will help to pass the day away if we play. He's looking at places to join.

Well, did not get to gym last night but hubby and I took a walk down at the Bay for about 30 min. This morn did 45 min on elliptical, 15 min of arm work and then planks and abs. Would love to go to gym tonight. It will be too cold to walk down by the Bay tonight. I have my calories planned for the day. That's what I love about this calorie counter. You can set your day up in advance and then I know exactly if I have any wiggle room. I am actually going to have a glass of wine. I can fit that in and still be below my 1500. I know, I know. I said I would only drink on Sat and Sun but I really, really want one. I won't feel guilty either.

Lila, where are you?

Comment

MM - please take up golf so we can commiserate! I never held club in my hand til age 60. Seemed senseless not to at least try after moving to gated golf community.
                  Remember you belong to the moderate club. Having a glass or 2 of wine on a day you normally don't still smacks of moderation. It's the hangovers, blackouts, embarrassing moments that we no longer want any part of. At least that is how I look at it, not speaking for everyone.

Today: Walked briskly for over an hour, 120 situps, some punches and stretching.

Comment

Yes, I know I will pick it back up again and boy, do I remember the struggles. I had so many sad faces on my score card it wasn't funny. Well, maybe it was.:H

Yea, I agree with you about it still being moderation. I just got out of a heavy discussion in the General Discussion area under the thread "normal drinking, fact or fiction". Not too many would agree with us there. Oh well. To each his own.

120 situps!! Awesome!

Comment

TMH, great!! way to go!
                      mightymite, i will look up that discussion, it is very controversial on the boards!

okay, had a bit of a crisis that i don't want to discuss in the public forum. I have not worked out in a week. and i had been getting proud of, and also feeling much more in touch with my body. i will need your help to pull me back in!

Comment

Hey Lila, I hope everything is ok. Just remember that life is always full of surprises and you will get back on track. The important thing is to take care of business and take care of yourself and everything else will fall into place. Sending you :l

Comment

It's Sat morning. Am I hungover? No. Can I tell I drank last night? Yes. And I don't like it. There is something different going on in my brain, body.
                          Made a new friend last night. Lady called me over to give me a hug (re: brother) then introduced me to oldest and best friend who is also fairly new to golf. The new friend and I have a golf date this afternoon. Yeah!
                          Oh, another example of how alcohol is so accessible: Email came through this a.m. that during Playoffs - Happy Hour pricing on drinks and free snacks today and tomorrow, come up and watch your favorite team.

MM: read the fact or fiction thread. Interesting. I thought you expressed yourself very well.

Lila: noticed you've been MIA. Hope things are better now. So what are you going to do today? Even a little bit will make you feel better, don't you think? (((hugs)))

TMH

Comment

Thanks TMH. I just kinda felt they needed to hear, in my opinion, from someone who is a successful modder. Don't think I changed anyone's opinion though.

Had a great day at the gym this morning. I did get to the gym last night but took it easy. I had done lunges the day before and boy were my glutes screaming. Hadn't done those in a long time. Trying to fight gravity.:H

Hope everyone has a happy Saturday.

Comment

Yesterday was a wash workout wise. Got caught up in the playoffs, free appetizers & too many rounds of drinks bought being with friends. Ugh!!! Ended up a total couch potato. Also, on Sunday I forgot to take the Moder8 before breakfast. Took 2 with me playing golf and remembered to take 1 while out there. Should have popped that 2nd one when I went into bar even if it wasn't 30-60 min before planning to drink.

Today: Played 18 holes of golf, walked 1 mile, used ET for 10 min ( a new one at our overflow unit community, one in community in which we live kills my shins for days so was cautious) and then I biked 5 miles during HH. (outdoors). Pedometer says 14K+ steps so that's good.

Jan AF 9
                              TMH

Comment

Quick c/i. Walked 2 miles yest; did 30 min of Firm It Up, played 9 holes. Today shopped (not my fav) then walked 1.7 miles to practice putting & walked home again so almost 3.5 miles.

Jan AF 11
                                TMH

Comment

Working...
                                X