Focus on Fitness/20 Days AF in Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ToMyHealth;1251387 wrote: Hi ~ on a roll exercise wise, eating has been good with tonite being a bit of an exception. On Wed. I finished the first DVD, some was yoga and pilates which isn't a big calorie burn but something my bod can definitely use. I also ran/walked 4 miles. Today I did Rock Hard Abs and Buns and played 9 holes of golf. Played better, shot a 50 (that's good for me).
    Every other Thurs is Happy Hour in our community. Bring appetizer & BYOB. Initially I had planned on not drinking but ended up having some wine. Food was actually pretty good, more health conscious, I just felt like I ate a bit too much incl one delicious almond melt in your mouth cookie. I'm sure my wt will reflect such tomorrow.

B-45 Mega workouts! Are you in training for an event? That's a lot of miles. There is a Super Bowl party in same community center as was in tonite, just have to walk across street. Had been entertaining going but after tonite I don't think so. It's a very nice facility but bad acoustics. I feel like I'm shouting and voice gets very strained. Sounds like you're looking forward to your bro's party.

MM - feeling better? What do you do at the gym? Maybe you could take an exercise class. One machine I liked for variety is the rowing machine. Big calorie burn. I still hover at about 1000 cal/day, today being the exception. In the past when counting calories I found 1400 was ideal for me in losing wt. I ran a lot more back then, a lot more! 14K steps/day seems to be the magic # for me maintaining my wt.

We can leave thread the same for Feb if everyone wants. We're having lots of company -made a written plan and if I stick to it it would give me 18 days AF. That's close.

Jan AF 14
    TMH
    Heck yeah I'll settle for 18 AF days any month. Congrats on the 50 score for 9 holes. I practice my short game at a little par 3 across the street from my house, really fun and goes really fast.

My exercise routine always increases as I approach the end of one of my non-drinking "programs" as I call them. It seems like a lot but not that hard. My road bike is in a trainer out in the garage, takes about an hour and a half to get 20 miles, then breakfast and up to Seal Beach for a run and walk and that pretty much takes up the day.

Yes TMH we have an event coming up, Los Alamitos Race on the Base 10K is on Feb 25th. Real fun time and if every thing goes like it should I'll finish in about 57 minutes. Last year that was good for the top ten for those over 50.

I have a Moder8 question for you and MM I'll ask it later.

Be well, B-45

Comment

Hi TMH and B-45. Doing ok here. Found that my weight has slightly gone up. I really don't know what's going on. I do know that I walk around dehydrated. I hate drinking water in the winter. It makes me cold. So a trainer at my gym told me she drinks room temp water. So I filled a jug up and put it on my island with some lime in it and I drank 5 8oz. glasses so far today. So maybe my body is clinging to every last drop of fluid I have and that is why I have gone up. I am also going to give myself a "cheat" day per week. I read that in order to keep your metabolism in high gear you need to feed it a "normal" amount of food, one time a week, so it doesn't think it is going into starvation mode. So I will start doing that too. Hey, no one has to twist my arm to eat pizza or pasta. Not that I am dieting. I am just eating healthy but it is still less calories since I have cut down on the wine and munchies after the wine.
      TMH, how in the world do you only eat 1000 calories? You must be very tiny and just don't require a whole lot. I would pass out on 1000 calories. :H
      B-45-you are incredible with your workouts. I would love to do that. I think it would help with the boredom I'm experiencing now. Although, I am looking forward to my vaca in a week. It will be much warmer and I can play outside all day. I will have to stay busy to not ruin all of the hard work I have put in so far. What's your mod question B-45? Oh, and about that Super Bowl. Won't be watchin'. Stupid Eagles. grrrrrr
      Ok, time to get more water. Have a good one all. Oh, I'm up for keeping this thread going too.
      MM
      "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

And now the angles want to wear my red shoes. Be back tomorrow

B-45

Comment

Let's see - yest I did warmup and UB on Tracey DVD - 24 min, then 30 min on ET and 30 min on bike. Today I ran/walked 4 miles, 100 situps and stretch.

B-45 I remember the days of 10ks, marathons and ultra marathons. CA is a great place to run ultras. So long ago ((sigh)) Have no clue what your last post means. ??

MM - don't get the calories/food in mainly for lack of time. I'm 5'4", small boned, weigh 114-115, goal wt is 112, haven't been there for awhile. Actually, I'm only there when I practice the F-5 WOE. My wt is up too but I know why - hamburger & sweet potato fries for lunch, pizza last nite, too much salt. Invited to friends' house for dinner tonite.

Pleased you guys want to continue.

Jan AF 14
          TMH
          The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Yea, I knew you were tiny. I am 5'4" too but am 128 as of today. Woohoo! 4 down 3 to go. I remember when I was 115. Oh so long ago. But I guess I would not call myself small boned. I have good Polish stock in me. Which means nice sturdy legs. Yikes! When I get to 125 I will then see how I feel and try to get to 120. That would be lovely. But then I would have to go out and buy all new clothes. Maybe that wouldn't be so bad after all.

B-45 was referring to an Elvis Costello song. Love that song B-45.

Comment

You know MM I bet you love that record, played the hell out of it back in the 70's. Those were the days. Anyway I have a bud that swears by Moder8. I have some and have been taking it daily while AF. I'm wondering if it actually helps you moderate when you do decide to drink?

I did some research on it and it appears that the main ingredient in the proprietary part of it is L-Theinine . I'm thinking I can buy that from Swanson on line for $6.95 60 caps 200mg, add some Vit B complex and away I go...what do you think?

My bud swears this stuff stops his drinking on a dime, one or 2 and that's it, how does it work for you?

Thanks, B-45

Comment

Hey B-45,
                I'm afraid I can't help you there. I don't take it and don't take anything else except a multi-vitamin and calcium daily. I have never been comfortable taking any over the counter supplements or meds. I won't even take Tylenol for a headache unless it's really bad. I guess I'm funny that way. But I do have a genetic predisposition for cancer so I am very careful about stuff like that, except wine. Go figure. But I am able to mod comfortably without anything. But if you think it will help you, go for it.

Comment

Well I decided to moderate this morning with a bloody mary and a beer, straight down hill from here. I'll be back up on the beach tomorrow, weight 164.4 at my brothers yesterday, that ain't bad, Talk to Y'all tomorrow, got a feeling this one is going to be a junker.

Be well, B-45

Comment

Well, today I have finally made it to Day 15 which is what I downgraded to as the month went on.

Yest I played 9 holes of golf (only exercise); today I walked 2 miles, did 3 sections of exercise DVD; low on energy today.

B-45 - how you feeling? I can help you with Moder8. I'm still taking it but admit to having got a little sloppy with it. When I did my initial week of 2/day and no drinks it worked wonderfully. Then I switched to 1/day and you were to take another only if you planned to drink and 30-60 min before. It seemed day went by, dh making me a drink or pouring a glass of wine while I took the 2nd. I think it does need that space of time. I was going to reorder but I like your idea of just buying the L-Theinine. Did you discuss with your friend? Another thing that may have tripped me up is I quit taking my regular Vit B Complex. Started that back this week.

Jan AF 15
                    TMH
                    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

hi all
                      b-45, I will try that!
                      well, worked out hard, only 1.5 drinks last night, and low and behold, today i feel great!
                      L

Comment

Hi All,
                        Well had a horrible weekend of way too many calories. We went to a play and dinner on Sunday and I ended up with 3 glasses of wine spaced throughout the day. Unfortunately that means I ended up with the raving munchies. Gained a pound but today it is almost off. Have been working out daily but am not feeling all that well. Sore throat is back. Actually, I think it never really left from the last time. But I am still going to the gym but not killing myself. I don't want to be sick for our trip on Monday but also want to drop another pound before we leave.
                        Way to go Lila. Keep up the good work and everyone else too.
                        MM

Comment

Working...
                        X