May Day Modders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Day Modders

Thanks TMH - that's a good start - a plan!!!

I think a couple of AF days in there would be smart.

I like your every other day plan.

Quitting sugar means quitting cider - so I'll have a couple of those til the carton is gone. (I dilute them with soda water to make them go further)

I bought a carton of Champagne about a month ago - thinking that I could have them when I pleased, who was I kidding, I have just about downed the lot.

I don't know if you feel this way, but I think to myself - I have to get rid of them cause they're too tempting, so I drink them as quickly as possible.

Sound familiar?

Does anyone take any meds?

What about the vitamins that MWO recommends, anyone have success with that?
    Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
    :h ya
    Trix

Comment

May Day Modders

:welcome: Trixie. I'm glad you have decided to join us. I see you are wanting a more formal plan for modding. I urge you to write down a set of goals you want to accomplish. What days you want to drink, how many you will drink, what type of al you will have, etc., etc. I know when I write things down and have a visual it helps me tremendously. It's also good to have a set of tools written down to help you through your cravings. If you read around on MWO you will find many people have tools in place to help them through the hard times. It's good that you have recognized, by watching your husband, what you don't want to do. And maybe by your actions he will follow suit.

May I ask what cider is. I have seen it mentioned so much on these boards but I have no idea what that is. Is it beer? Please excuse my ignorance. :new:

I don't take any meds, so I can't help you there but you may want to visit the meds board on here. You will probably find what you are looking for.

Good luck and keep posting on here. We are a small group and don't post daily but we are always around.
      MM
      "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

May Day Modders

Another great idea, thanks MM - great to hear good advice. Something so simple, but so effective.

Cider is alcoholic apple juice, trouble is it's full strength like a full strength beer, so packs a punch.

Though in my quest to quit the sugar, that is first and foremost in my goals at the moment, so I'm happy to drink it in moderation.

Yes my husbands drinking has gotten worse since he has worked part time, I doubt that he will follow me, I gave up smoking 4 years ago, and he still happily puffs away - he is of no support to me, and I used that as an excuse for years - but no more.

Thanks for the welcome to the group - I think its nice having a smaller group. :l
        Trix

Comment

May Day Modders

Wow. Lots of newcomers. Welcome all of you.

Okay I have ditched the low carb because I felt like shite basically. I am sticking to just a low calorie diet...eating anything I want so long as its low in calories.

Well guys, I have been moderating successfully for nearly year and a half now but sunday was the first time I blacked out! I basically drank four glasses of wine in quick conscession, then opened another bottle of wine and crashed out on the sofa after the fifth glass. it was only 7pm and I had planned on having a nice dinner with my fiance later. But I was clearly too drunk to eat. Shameful, shameful.

I drank far too much, far too quickly so I will be nipping that one in the bud. Just shows how you always have to watch yourself when you drink..

Anwya its back to my AF week and I am seriously thinking about having an AF weekend. Mainly because I tend to overeat when I drink and it's hindering my weightloss.

Have a good day all.x
          Be strong-
          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
          Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

May Day Modders

Renton you were thinking of going AF this weekend. You still thinking of doing that?
            Be strong-
            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

May Day Modders

hi modders and welcome renton and trixiebelle. Trixie what mightymite said about writing out what you want to achieve is a good idea. Sometimes it helps to have something to refer to when you start to forget why you want to cut back.

I'm a cider drinker too, I used to get plastered on bourbon every night but I switched to cider because of the lower alcohol content as I'm not much of a beer lover. I also think adding some af days into your week is a good idea. I started out doing sundays af, now I try to do about 3 af days a week.

Comment

May Day Modders

Morning Drinkingal
                I only drink friday to sunday but am thinking of cutting down one of those days. Either a friday or sunday...can't decide as yet
                Be strong-

Comment

May Day Modders

hi RB, oh my vote would be for sunday, it's such a relaxing day to recover and it makes facing monday so much easier. I might do a few bits and pieces in the morning but then I try to make it a real chill out day and it's about the only time I read a book, or watch a movie etc and just have a real day off before the week starts again. Friday nights you always have that excuse too that it's the end of the week and having a few drinks seems like a good idea so for me Fridays seem harder.

Comment

May Day Modders

Update: Mon had 1 drink, 1/2 gl of wine with dinner. Last night AF and as I said plan is to string some AF days together now.

Trix - take vitamins but not much different than before I started working on moderation. I do have L-Glut, even have an alarm set on my phone to take it at 5p, rarely do. When I have I don't notice any difference but then I'm not sure I even have cravings; at least not physical, drinking is more habit, time of day for dh and me to relax and discuss day. Am trying to get better at doing that with V8 or non alcoholic beer or replace with exercise. Last May I tried the Kadzu. Had to stop as it made me dizzy. Sorry am not more helpful. I'd suggest checking out the meds thread.

RB - so love your honesty! Sorry for the blackout; so hate that when that happens. You went a long, long time without any. For that you can be proud. Wish I could say the same as it scares me, but like I said earlier this month, it sure doesn't seem to take much. I think some of that has to do with not eating enough.

DG - agree with you as far as Sunday vote for RB. Hey, 3 AF days/week is great!

Make it a wonderful Wednesday!

TMH
                    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

May Day Modders

Mornin' all but not such a great morning for me. I have messed up big time. I drank Monday and Tuesday. WTF! I know exactly why I did too. We have been working in the yard this week and it has been somewhat warm and that is a big trigger for me. Like I deserve that wine at the end of the day. I have a slight headache this morning and probably won't go to the gym. But I'm done for the week that much I know. I wish I hadn't done it but what is done is done. Ate like a pig last night and I will never lose this last bit of weight if I don't stop. Same ole' song and dance. I'm tired of listening to myself. :no:
                      "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

May Day Modders

Such a wicked disease - I can imagine how you all felt - know that feeling well.

DG - I have taken that advice and written down my goals, just have to remember to look at them. I had 3 ciders last night - had only planned 2, but we went out and another one found me - at least it wasn't a whole 6 pack, like last time I stayed here with my daughter!!! I wish I had an off switch inside my head.

Renton - you have done such a wonderful job though, a year and a half - that's freakin awesome. I'd love to be able to say the same.

TMH - how come you don't take the L-Glut? I see one other thread says its unbelievable, trouble is what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for another.

MM - Feeling for ya hun, know exactly where you're coming from - get back on the wagon and put it behind you - today is a new day. That's what I'm telling myself.

I'm giving the Kudzu rescue a go, hope it doesn't make me dizzy, I'm about to get on a plane and take off for a week, so I'm hoping that the Kudzu is in my PO box when I get back. I tried Baclofen for a while, it was terrible - I could hardly keep my eyes open.

Wouldn't it be nice for a complete cure to this horrible disease - one day it WILL happen
                        Trix

Comment

May Day Modders

Hi MM, I know exactly what you mean, after a day working on the house or doing yard work is a huge trigger for me too, probably about the strongest trigger I have, and at the end of a day like that I just want to drink as a reward and to relax. Don't beat yourself up though, you only had a few drinks so forgive yourself and don't let it hold you back. :l

Trixie, great going on only drinking 3 instead of 6 drinks! that's a huge difference and I bet you felt heaps better the next day.

Comment

May Day Modders

MM - we all have used AL as a reward. Way too many times here. Know exactly how you feel. :l

Trix - going to try make it a habit these next few weeks to use the L-Glut. Especially since I have made a pretty intensive workout plan for the whole month, and it's supposed to help with muscle fatigue also. Starting tomorrow! Don't worry about the Kadzu; I'm sensitive to lots of things now in my 'old age'. Have a good trip! :wavin:

Today consisted of a 3 mile run/walk, a Firm lower body DVD (about 30 min), my handwritten upper body w/o, biked but just 3 miles or so to go practice my golf putting. Am in my p.j.'s and have managed to put 2 AF days together. :thumbs:

Have golf in a.m. Supposed to get up to 90 deg. Love it. alm:

TMH
                            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

May Day Modders

TMH, Sounds like you had an active day. I also went to the gym today. I find that exercising is a great way to stave off drinking because I really realize how dumb it is to undo all that hard work you did by dumping all those extra AL calories on top. Also, sore muscles from exercises made extra sore from AL muscle dehydration really sucks. Usually don't think about this one until you're experiencing it though haha :H

rebirth;1313046 wrote: Renton you were thinking of going AF this weekend. You still thinking of doing that?
                              Well, I've gone AF for the last 4 days, and while I'm feeling good about myself I am definitely feeling a bit bored and lonely. It's just been go to class, maybe exercise, and then come home and study all week. I'm going to be busy with coursework this weekend because of midterms and assignments due early next week, so I really can't afford to drink too much this weekend. But, if a friend wants to get together for a couple drinks one day in the evening, I won't turn them down, but I'm going to do my damndest to keep it at just a couple (That's 2! Seems like at the 3 or 4 mark the voice in my head starts with the "Screw it, just get drunk!"). I'll be thinking about this thread to keep me accountable, I'll keep you guys posted.

Keep up the good work gang

Comment

May Day Modders

Wish you well Renton. I think you're right, two is safe - the rest is bloody dangerous.
                                Trix

Comment

Working...
                                X