July Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July Mod Squad

I'm so scared. She's getting spinal. 20 mins.
    Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
    When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hospital messed up timing. Doc told us 10, OR was ready for 11. This from a hospital that's supposed to be one of best in country!!!

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hang in there D!:l

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

July Mod Squad

:h: ::heart::heart::wings::wings: All is good. Two healthy boys, 5.3 and 5.8 lbs. WOW!!!!

Comment

July Mod Squad

:h: ::heart::heart::wings::wings: All is good. Two healthy boys, 5.3 and 5.8 lbs. WOW!!!!

Comment

July Mod Squad

Yay D-Daddy!! I congratulated you in your other thread, but let me say it again: Congrats to you and your wife on the birth of your beautiful twin boys!!!

Good morning Everyone. I hope everyone is doing well today. I am feeling good...got up earlier than I expected to this morning b/c one of the animals had an accident--ON MY BED!!! I was so shocked (and disgusted), I jumped up and cleaned it up, of course...and my Sat. morning lie-in was over. Still trying to figure out who gets a guilty look when I say, "Who did this?!" pointing at the bed. So far, my little dog and the cat act innocent. I guess it's payback for washing the sheets and comforter yesterday.

Anyway, I made coffee, went to the grocery store EARLY and actually got some stuff done, so I guess it was a blessing in disguise. A fragrant, nasty disguise.:H

Check back later!

LG

Sylvia Plath

Comment

July Mod Squad

Another reason I don't do dogs or cats!! Yuck!

Well, we didn't go out last night but had drinks here. Not too bad. Feel it a little this a.m., certainly not as good as having been completely sober.

Congratulations on the beautiful baby boys, D! Well done. Your life will never be the same....so glad you're sober for them and your wife.

TMH
                The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hey everyone! Hope all is well. Weekend has not been good to me so far... Actually more like I have not been good to the weekend. Seriously feel like the gods are against me and have enlisted my friends help in making me fail. Although I know it is all up to me I am barely a week into no liquor and no one knows soooo... Anyway feeling ok now just told good friend I would not be attending beer fest cause I need to rest so I can get some crap done.....

Please let me know how u all are doing..... I check this site like every hour for support!

D your excused just take care of wife and babies!!!!!!

LG help me stay accountable and get some fricken chores done tomorrow
                  And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

July Mod Squad

vliven, I hope your night went ok, and that you feel good today. It's time to do laundry. Hee hee, get those suds going, girl.

I've been told that I don't belong on this site. Seems to be the opinion of more than one. All I know is that I was able to kick a daily drinking habit that was ruining my life/body/relationships. I have retrained my brain to the extent that I don't feel like a slave to AL anymore, but I am not so arrogant that I think it couldn't happen again. However, this may not be the place for me, as I'm being told left and right that I am egotistical, insensitive and basically a thorn in the side to people who really *need* to be here. I certainly haven't set out to make enemies or be unkind...it upsets me that I'm perceived this way, in fact.

I have been sober since Thursday night. Last night my mind was trying to tell me to go ahead and drink some the wine in the fridge, cause it was the last night of the weekend, to party, lol. I didn't and the hours kept passing and eventually I went to bed. I have to say though, at the wee hours of the morning when I was being told that my abrasive, uncaring attitude sucks, it was all I could do to not drink. I knew if I started drinking at 2 am, I would probably drink till it was gone and feel like shit today, so I am so glad I went to bed. Hurts though to read a message telling me I shouldn't be here, this morning.

Sorry for the book, lol. I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

July Mod Squad

V,
                      Know what you mean when friends can make one fail. My plan was no more than 2 when I got together with my friend and she picked me up with a glass of wine in the car for me?! So...too tempting I'm afraid and went over my limit last night too.

Daddy Dave!! :jumpwow:
                      Congrats!! Didn't know if these are your first babies but SO exciting. Very happy for you and your wife and really pleased you were sober and planning to remain that way for 30 days. Good for you!!

Hi to all I am not addressing. Here's to a successful week to come.
                      :l
                      Eve11
                      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

July Mod Squad

Eve, thanks for sharing, hope u are feeling ok today and not too down did you happen to bring up to your friend how u were struggeling with your drinking habits?

LG - just finished load #2 and did all the dishes after I made bacon and egg b-fast for me n hubby..... Doing chores during commercials on history channel (hubby obsessed with it) dreading going grocery shopping though cause it is sooo hot!!!!
                        Not sure what messages you received that u are referring to but I really appreciate your support and honesty and how I can relate to u so u better not go anywhere!!!!!!! We are all individuals with our very own path with its very own struggles yes we can all find ways to relate to eachother thru them but we all have to do our own thing.... Props to u for fighting those urges..... Brush off those comments and move own
                        And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hey, V. I'm doing well, thanks for blatently stating you want to know. I feel like that too. I so want to hear success, but I want to hear if not and what a person may have learned from it. Yest we had 1 beer out playing golf (only do that now & then & only on a weekend), we had 1 beer in the bar, and later for dinner had 1 glass of wine that covered "happy hour" and dinner. These drinks were over a period of I'd say 5-6 hrs. Did you get some work done today???? I found myself going from one task to another this a.m. It felt good to get some stuff taken care of.

LG - I do not feel you should NOT be on this site. I think you have kicked a bad habit and should be darn proud! It was good you moved from NN to Mod site when you decided to start drinking again, IMO, but I like you and think you help people. Some may feel you're encouraging people to try modding, I don't know and don't want to go there. Way to resist the wine calling you last night!

Eve - you do have that relationship pegged right! It can be so hard at times to resist. Just like my going nearly 2 weeks AF, then being together with all like-minded, retired, golf playing, club going drinkers - it was bound to happen. Now have I been there before and resisted? Yes! It just didn't seem that important anymore, and I don't feel terribly sorry. And to tell the truth, dh & I are happier. We try to make conscious decisions about our drinking rather than it's 5:00 somewhere and time to drink. During that 2 weeks I learned some slight physical ailments disappeared, and I filed that one away.

I just thought of the pretty Brit's name - Rebirth. Wonder why she left us.

Played golf again today but got rained out, 2nd day in a row. Half of country is in a drought, and the Southwest is wet. Have a nice rest of weekend!

TMH
                          The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

July Mod Squad

I'm glad I came here too (Mod Squad). You all are lovely.:kudos:

Glad you are getting your chores done, vliven and also watching the History channel with your dh. I am still doing laundry myself. I have one more load to do, and that is the extent of the chores (that I'm going to do!). Still playing virtual golf today, and getting a little better.

Sounds like you had a nice day TMH. Very successful modding. Doesn't it feel good to have control over AL?

I mightttttt have a drink later, but a little wary. If I get started and don't [want to] stop, Monday will not be a good day. We'll see how I feel later...

Hello to all, Eve, D (if you're lurking) and everyone I missed!

LG

Sylvia Plath

Comment

July Mod Squad

Yeah! Grocery shopping DONE...... Hubby went with which helped me not by a secret bottle of Booz! He is headed out to golf and that is usually when I really get my drink on but I keep reminding myself of how crappy I felt last Monday morning gunna stick to a few cold beers and I am making stew for dinner and doing some more flippen laundry!

LG- how much wine do u have in the house.... Hopefully not enough to do damage but if u do dump some out before you allow yourself to have a glass! Ha! You play virtual golf? On what? Do you ever really golf? My hubby n I use to stay up wayyyyy to late many a work nights playing tiger woods on the play station!

Comment

July Mod Squad

That's what we're doing vliven. PS3 Tiger Woods 13. It is addicting! Unfortunately, it is also something that makes us bicker and argue, lol. I hate to be criticized and told what to do every time it's my turn, and that is what bf loves to do. Right now I'm taking a break from it. The dogs are glad.

I am having some wine now. I don't think there's much left (in the box). I've only had one glass, but there are not many more in it. Think I'm safe. Thanks for thinking of me.

Last load of laundry in the dryer now. I don't know about you, but I tend to let the dryer be the "closet" of that last load. hee hee, just a quick spin in the mornings to take out wrinkles and wa la, presto!!

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                                X